Shaun Rogers

Discussion in 'The National Football League' started by twelvegage, Jan 23, 2008.

1. twelvegage

twelvegage Rookie

I just saw on the bottomline on ESPN news that the Lions are looking to release/trade Shaun Rogers. I obviously don't think we're in a position to trade for him, but I think if we added him to our line through free agency (assuming he'd stay away from the juice and want to play) that we'd have a top 5 d-line. Plus, he's a hometown boy, LPHS! Any thoughts?

2. The1ApplePie

The1ApplePie Hall of Fame

Shaun is the big fatass the Texans have been waiting for since they started.

3. Dallas_Texan

Dallas_Texan Veteran

Bring him in! haha. I'm blanking, what's LP? Lamar something?

4. Texan_Bill

Texan_Bill Subscribed Contributor

La Porte, maybe?!?

You may have been thinking of Lamar Consolidated.

5. 76Texan

76Texan Hall of Fame

La Porte then UT

From CBSSportline forum:

December 12, 2007 5:28 pm
    After watching Shaun Rogers performance in a huge late season big game with the Dallas Cowboys this past Sunday got me thinking about him. I have always been a huge fan of Rogers even during his college days as a Texas Longhorn. My problem with him has been stamina and dedication to staying in shape for an entire season as for many other Detroit Lions Fans.

Here we are in week 13 (6-6) going against the #1 team in the NFC (Cowboys) in our house leading in the 4th Qt and what is going with Rogers he's gasping for air. Coming in and out of the 4th Qt gasping for air and water looked like an out of shape man unable to keep up with a high pace offense that Tony Romo was running. This has to be a huge problem for the coaches, management and the fans. The Lions made Rogers a very high paid DT a short time ago and this is how he repays the Lions and it's fans? No excuse this is why the Lions paid Shaun all that money not just to be a first half stud and disappear as the season goes on. In his past five games dating back to the Arizona Cardinals game Rogers has a total of 7 tackles 3 of them are solos and zero tackels for losses. Impressive? Not even close! This is a huge reason why the Lions have lost 5 in a row. They are getting no support from their so called best player on the team. Against the Giants Rogers did not even register a tackle or pass break up.

I think it's time for Rod Marinelli and Matt Millen to sit down with Shaun Rogers and his agent and discuss what's next. Do they keep him or trade him away? Or do you begin to fine him over his weight and staying in shape? Time is running out on Shaun here in Detroit the guy has all the ability to be a regualr Pro Bowl DT if he would stay and shape and play with a hunger. When Rogers want's to play he is the most dominte DT in the NFL to bad it's only for only eight games a year. Looks like another talent going to waste but at least it's not the Lions fault this time this one is on the player.

6. 76Texan

76Texan Hall of Fame

7. Goldensilence

Goldensilence hipster elite

I'd be ok with a LATE round pick on him. I wouldn't be all that happy in Detroit myself.IF he does get released I'm pretty sure there be a large amount of interest in him. Just get me is Grady Jackson was available last year and could've been had if we were interested in this type of DT he could've been a LARGE help in a playoff push.

I think it's been said before maybe we aren't interested in the space eating DT or maybe Smith really somewhere has a clue what we want to do defensively.

8. andre'

andre' Bandwagoner

I have his autograph if that counts for anything:shades:

9. twelvegage

twelvegage Rookie

yes, it was La Porte Highschool, that's where I went. His little brother was on the basketball team and he came in there, BIG DUDE. Anyways, yeah, I'm obviously not up to giving up anything considerable for him, but should he be released, I could picture him wanting to "come home", or maybe that's wishful thinking. But just imagine teaming him with Mario and Amobi!

10. El Amigo Invisible

El Amigo Invisible All Pro

He might be released.Are we interested?:fans:

11. Texan_Bill

Texan_Bill Subscribed Contributor

I'm not sure, but you may want to check this out: Shaun Rogers

12. El Amigo Invisible

opps My fault!

13. El Amigo Invisible

This guy would help us out immensely.I would not give up any picks for him though.

14. CloakNNNdagger

CloakNNNdagger Site Contributor

The Lions coaching staff essentially has felt that Rogers has 40 pounds to give............and he hasn't.............his play has paid the price...........the rest of him may shortly be following suit.

However, the decision has not been made yet.

15. TexansLucky13

TexansLucky13 53d Signal Batt

Considering the work of Rick Smith, I would rather not give up any draft picks for him.

16. Hookem Horns

Hookem Horns That Server Guy Staff Member

What class are you? I would have been 87. I went there until we moved to New York. I spent all of gradeschool (LPE) and most of junior high (Baker) there. My Grandmother is class of 39, my mom is class of 61?, my sister is class of 81.

I still keep up with a few friends I went to school with there.

17. Second Honeymoon

Second Honeymoon Hall of Fame

I would have no problem giving up a 6th Round pick for him but his current contract is big $$. It may be smarter to not give up anything, wait for him to be released, and then structure a pay-for-play deal similar to what Jerry Jones did for Owens. If he makes the team and plays well, he makes top dollar. Everybody happy. If he can't make the team or isn't playing well, he is released with little risk to the Texans.

Look at Moss. People said he was done and he had nothing left in the tank, but it was just that he was languishing in Oakland and once he went somewhere where he was happy, he blew up.

18. austintexanite

austintexanite All Pro

I dunno, next year will be his 8th season and he is not always in the best shape. Plus, TJ actually stepped up his game this year, though he has only 1 sack throughout his career.

19. JamesC

JamesC Lumberjack

If he becomes available we should at least take a look at him. I'd like to see Jethro get a hold of him.

20. Errant Hothy

Errant Hothy Hypermediocrity

Isn't Shaun Rogers available every year?