Sharpers Quote

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by TexFan58, Apr 21, 2005.

1. TexFan58

TexFan58 Rookie

Jamie Sharper made this statement to Seattle Press "I wanted to get back to a quality team that has a chance to win a championship," Sharper said. I was thinking that he was on a quality team here in Houston. :hmmm:

2. Grid

Grid Hall of Fame

and.. btw.. I cant wait till we get the wildcard this year and seattle goes 7-9 :)

3. pittbull

pittbull All Pro

The problem with Jamie Sharper was his lack of leadership. He felt he was Batman, without the overall skills, and is a better Robin. He's a good middle linebacker that played in Ray Lewis' shadow, and was overrated to be "The GUY" in Houston. Given a motivated, energetic, leader to play with, it would elevate his game, and he would play better in H-Town. Watch what happens in Seattle. They feel there getting an upgrade, by letting Brown go......They got another thing coming. The old quote is, you never know what you have until its' gone, and he's gonna be crying because he left the Texans. A class organization, headed in the right direction. Seattle has a bunch of cry babies, underachieving players and coach, and a franchise of instability after not making the playoffs next year. The Texans will be better up the middle with Wong and Greenwoods speed! The Texans wont miss him, he'll miss us........bet on that! :thumbup

4. blockhead83

blockhead83 All Pro

Bah, I don't take offense. Players coming into new teams want to be as positive as possible, and play up the new organization as much as they can. He might harbor a little resentment somewhere inside for the Texans, but I don't think he has a vendetta against us. However, I do agree with your sentiment of wanting to see DD knock the crizap out of him when we face off.

5. nunusguy

nunusguy Hall of Fame

Big time message board material for the Texans when we visit the NW this Fall.

6. Texans Pride

Texans Pride Hall of Fame

I'd like to see a link on that before I make a rash statement. Anyone have this? This is something I have to see for myself.

7. ccdude730

ccdude730 Hall of Fame

.....if that makes you feel any better than so be it.

link

8. Texas_Heat

Texas_Heat Veteran

9. Lucky

Lucky Moderator

To whom it may concern:

If you wish to voice your displeasure at Sharper's comments, please do.

If you try to use colorful language or get cute with the filter in doing so, you're wasting both of our time.

10. Blake

Blake MMQB

He is just venting from frustration. I dont think he meant to say that we arent a quality organization.

11. Texans Pride

Thank you, I do feel better.

I'm glad I'm going to the Seattle game. I want to watch our offense pick that defense apart!

12. texansfan88

texansfan88 All Pro

So basically Jamie what you are telling us is you are a follower not a leader correct? I mean, you couldn't turn this team around, so we're going to go where you can be surrounded with more talented players and win a championship the followers way, correct?

Have fun in the NFC West loser. A blind ethiopian could make plays over there in that weak division

NOTE: never had a problem w/ Sharper until this comment.

13. FILO_girl

FILO_girl I'm not here

I am of the opinion that the ugliness didn't really start until around April 1st. He is still a good quality player, regardless of what he spouted now. We will never know what happend behind closed doors with this release. I will sit back and see if he says anything else on the subject.

http://www.seahawks.com/ardisplay.aspx?SecID=45&ID=5370
    "I wanted to get back to a quality team that definitely has a chance to win a championship, and I think they have that in Seattle, said Sharper. "Coach Holmgren won it in Green Bay, Ray Rhodes has won it in San Francisco, and it's a great coaching staff. So that along with the quality of players they have on the team already, it was just a good fit."
    Ummm, Jamie....what have they done LATELY? Don't believe the Squacks have done squat post-season. Ever.

I like Holmy though, but liked him better with the Pack than with the Squacks.

14. Texans Pride

LOL....NICE...I LOVE IT....THAT GETS A DANCING BANANA :banana:

15. texansfan88

texansfan88 All Pro

That quote will likely sting the Texans players like the Jimmy Redmond shot on Moses has...Especially those guys like Glenn, Coleman, Payne, Dunta, Andre and Carr who have worked overtime to hone their skills, and for him to say that, it's gotta make you a bit upset

16. texan279

texan279 Hall of Fame

I think he just bought a target for himself for the game up in Seattle...

17. Ibar_Harry

Ibar_Harry Hall of Fame

It certainly fits into the comments he made last year. He was obviously unhappy about something. Time will tell whether he was correct about his assement of what was happening in Houston. Was he the problem or was something else the problem? It is sort of like the Buchannon situation. Buchannon sounds a lot happier here and sounds like he's enthused about playing in Houstion. Sometimes its just a conflict of personalities. Remember, Buchannon said some his cohorts weren't giving it their all. (That was attributed to him, but I forget where I read it. I was kind of surprised by the comment.) Sounds a little like Sharper. Its time to move on lets hope we don't regret the move and that Buchannon turns out to be everything they think he is for us.

18. FILO_girl

FILO_girl I'm not here

Hope Capers posts it on the wall. I would love to see revenge...er...aggressive play in Seattle. I believe a win is very achieveable at this point in time. I see Dyson is now a Squack too, been lots of wheeling and dealing in Nirvanaland this season. :hmmm:

I will re-write the winning song for the Squackfans...
    "Smells like Texan Spirit" - 10.16.05 :woot
    (I do miss Kurt Cobain though, I like Nirvana)

19. Carr Bombed

Carr Bombed Hall of Fame

He left a team whose window is opening to join a team whose window is closing FAST, that if its not closed already. He better pray seattle has a great season cause Holmgrem's chair was heating up last year and if they don't play up to expectations he is gone and there goes that excellant coaching staff he was talking about.

20. barzilla

barzilla Veteran

I'm in the minority here, but I have no problem with that statement for a couple of reasons:

1) It is self-serving. He was cut by us and signed with another team. Of course, he's going to sing their praises.

2) He may very well believe that because they were a playoff team last season. Typically, athletes have a difficult time grasping the subtle. He knows they were a playoff team and we were not. We all know that 2005 is a new year and we will be somewhere around where Seattle was last season, but that is forward thinking. Who knows, maybe he has an ego and sees himself as their missing link.