Shake the Bush, and what do you get?

Discussion in 'The National Football League' started by CloakNNNdagger, Apr 14, 2010.

1. CloakNNNdagger

CloakNNNdagger Site Contributor

Looks like Reggie Bush has finally been given a demand date to appear for deposition on the long-standing USC issue. The closet seems to be reopening, and the skeletons are seemingly waiting to fall out.

2. IDEXAN

IDEXAN Hall of Fame

"On Tuesday, Bush was ordered by a judge to submit to a deposition next week, on April 23."
    (from the link)
    I'll be surprised if that actually happens as Bush has avoided this deal for what, 3 or 4 years now ? I expect another payoff.
    Do we have any idea when the NCAA makes its findings public ? Frankley I'm not holding out much hope for justice there either, as USC always seems to get treated in a preferential manner by the NCAA while all the other programs get
    crapped-on.

3. b0ng

b0ng Ooops

Is this the reason Carroll left his cusy USC job for the Seahawks?

4. Texan4Ever

Texan4Ever Hall of Fame

Could be, but then I wonder how much Lane Kiffin knows about this. Also, I think it's messed up how the NCAA is clamping down on Michigan but seems a bit lethragic when it comes to the Bush-USC problem.

WolverineFan likes this.
  5. b0ng

b0ng Ooops

I think by now we should all realize that Lane Kiffin does not give a shit what you or the NCAA thinks.

Edit: Lane Kiffin is a gangster.

Last edited: Apr 19, 2010
  6. bah007

bah007 Hall of Fame

Players voluntarily practicing over the required limits is obviously a way bigger threat to college football than earning an unfair recruiting advantage by paying amateur athletes to play.

7. IDEXAN

IDEXAN Hall of Fame

Reggie Bush, pride of USC, Heisman Trophy winner and the second overall pick in the 2006 NFL draft has lost his bid to tell his tales in a private arbitration. And guess who is most interested in what he has to say? The NCAA, that's who.
    The deposition testimony in a civil lawsuit will create a public record about Bush's side of a story that is more than four years old.
    Bush sits down under oath on that Friday, April 23. Think those Sports Center updates won't have film of Reggie walking in and out of Lake's attorney's office surrounded by his team? Why wouldn't they? Bush is considered one of the biggest recent success stories of a college athlete making it big in the NFL.
    If the stench reaches the vaunted football team, it will taint former coach Pete Carroll and of course the seemingly untouchable and Teflon-like Mike Garrett, the school's Athletic Director. Bush will go about his business without any cares unless there is something more to hide than allegedly receiving free rent for his parents and goodies for himself.
    Reggie can write a check and make this all go away if he wants to settle the case with Lake.
    http://www.examiner.com/x-42782-LA-...der-oath-right-in-the-middle-of-the-NFL-draft
    -----
    More of the same as reported previously in this thread, but the claim from this LA-based publication that Bush is "considered one of the biggest recent success stories of a college athlete making it big in the NFL." is almost enough hype to make one gag. For god sakes he's virtually a 3rd-string running back in NOLA ! And trust me, Bush pens a check to make this thing go away.

8. Wolf

Wolf 100% Texan

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/news?slug=ys-bushcase042110