Sergio Kindle Trouble

Discussion in 'College Football & the NFL Draft' started by HoustonFrog, Jun 29, 2009.

1. HoustonFrog

HoustonFrog Dallas Frog

Can you say trying to avoid second DWI..I thought I posted this once but can't find it..old age

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=4294788

2. gwallaia

gwallaia Moderator Staff Member

I'm sure his "punishment" will be a two game suspension against Louisiana-Monroe and Wyoming and he'll be on the field for the TT game.

3. Kaiser Toro

Kaiser Toro Native Mod

Above and beyond what a judge/jury will hopefully do to him, the team should suspend him for the first month of play.

Young, dumb, ignorant and foolish.

4. HOU-TEX

HOU-TEX Ah, Football!

Well, at least he made an attempt to do the right thing by calling the law and his team. Even though it was well after the incident.

This dude supposedly has a boat load of talent and I'd hate to see another talented kid lose everything he's work for by being a bonehead. Hopefully he can get his act together before it's too late.

5. Blake

Blake MMQB

Assuming he was drunk, he lucked out. The tenants of the building he ran into weren't home, so not injured. There were no eye witnesses to report him being drunk. He was able to leave the scene and probably called his lawyer who knew that he had an 8 hour window to sober up before he had to notify the police of the accident. He tells the police that he was texting (which is not against the law in Texas), and crashed, then felt woozy and since nobody was hurt needed to go home and lay down.

The team has stated that he wont be punished and that they are comfortable with his story.

I am not defending the guy. Just stating my point of view on it. All you can do is hope that he learns from this flier he got.

6. michaelm

michaelm vox nihili

From the same article. It appears he, and the Horns have an out.

7. Showtime100

Showtime100 Got JJ?

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/news?slug=ap-texas-kindlecrash&prov=ap&type=lgns

With any luck, Kindle just added to the inevitability of a law that will go in place to protect me from all these idiots who text and drive.

8. Kaiser Toro

Kaiser Toro Native Mod

His license should be suspended as the car is not a toy and he certainly treats it that way. If not, the school needs to do what the authorities that be do not have the backbone to do and suspend him.

Last edited: Jun 30, 2009

9. ESAD2-14

ESAD2-14 TexanAmerican

But he only texts when he is on a side road, there are no other cars around, while he is only going below 35 mph, because he has the keypad memorized, only looks down for a couple of seconds, and it is no more difficult then adjusting a radio while driving. :heh:

He is lucky he did not hurt (or kill) anyone else besides himself. He has already showed poor judgment once before this most recent incident, he needs to pull the ol' head out of his fourth point of contact.

10. Blake

Blake MMQB

The ramifications for his actions will be felt on draft day. This could be the difference from top 15 to top of the 2nd round. These days more and more teams are putting more stock in getting players who can stay out of trouble and on the field.

11. Kaiser Toro

Kaiser Toro Native Mod

As they should, but that does not take him off the street in the city that I live in, and the areas that I hang.

12. awtysst

awtysst Draft Guru

Maybe. If he puts up a HUGE double digit sack number around 15+ sacks he can go in the first. If he is near 20 he may go top 10. Remember Oakland and the Bengals are still drafting.