Senior Bowl

Discussion in 'College Football & the NFL Draft' started by Vinny, Jan 24, 2005.

1. Vinny

Vinny shiny happy fan Staff Member

Add any Senior Bowl information here. I'll start it with the PFW's Senior Bowl Blog link and will add more stuff later as I get around to it.
    http://profootballweekly.com/PFW/NFLDraft/Senior+Bowl/2004/modglin012405.htm

2. Vinny

http://www.gbnreport.com/

3. Blake

Blake MMQB

4. texasguy346

texasguy346 Mod Squad

I'm really looking forward to seeing Matt Jones at WR, also I really want to see if Roddy White lives up to the hype. I'd like to see Charlie Frye play too since I haven't ever seen him play, and he's being mentioned as one of the top 5 or 10 QBs. Jamaal Brimmer is a favorite of mine at S, and I want to see how he plays on a bigger stage.

5. D-ReK

D-ReK RAWWWRR!

LoL Sproles is only 5'5"? I realize he has good speed and is elusive, but that's just way too short to be successful in the NFL...He's even smaller than Quint Griffin...

6. Vinny

http://www.al.com/seniorbowl/mobileregister/index.ssf?/base/sports/1106561952314390.xml

http://www.al.com/seniorbowl/mobileregister/index.ssf?/base/sports/1106561852314390.xml
    http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/features/seniorbowl/reports/htwt.html

7. Vinny

Espn has a show from the 2005 Senior Bowl today at 2

8. infantrycak

infantrycak Mod. Staff Member

What the heck is Kiffin thinking?

Link

The birth of the 320 lb LB?--dubious.

9. Vinny

http://profootballweekly.com/PFW/NFLDraft/Senior+Bowl/2004/notebook012505.htm

10. Vinny

http://www.gbnreport.com/seniorbowldiary.htm

11. Lucky

Lucky Moderator

Wondering if GBN is looking at Babineaux or Hawthorne? PFW was trashing Anttaj in their blog. Maybe another example of how 2 people can look at the same event and come to different conclusions.

12. LikeABoss

LikeABoss All Pro

Spears workout assessment by PFW

Marcus Spears is having a good workout at the Senior Bowl guys. I'm telling you, this man should be chosen as our 13th overall pick to fill the void at LDE where Walker is just taking up space. So what if Walker has a huge contract, he is not meeting the team's expectations, plus he is old and banged up. We need youth with great pass rushing ability in our front seven and that's something Marcus Spears would bring. Think about it, Spears and Babin on that left side would do some serious damage, and if teams start to double team either Spears or Babin or even both at the same time that would then free up the weak side :hmmm:

Marcus Spears should be chosen as our 13th pick!!!! :coolb:

13. texansfan88

texansfan88 All Pro

DT Anttaj Hawthorne of Wisconsin was mobbed by Dallas and Arizona scouts Carolina talked with J.J. Arrington, Michael Roos and Manuel White
    Baltimore spoke with Adam Terry,
    Taylor Stubblefield talked with San Francisco and New Orleans
    Cincinnati and New Orleans sought out OG Marcus Johnson of Ole Miss
    Ben Wilkerson spoke with Kansas City
    Corey Webster conversed with Carolina as well as former NFL safety Marcus Robertson, now working with the Titans.

Still trying to find out some stuff about the Texans, will do my best in the next few hours

14. LoNghoRn-TeXaN

LoNghoRn-TeXaN Veteran

Pitts, Wand, and Wade are set for us. Pitts and Wand will improve significantly, and I think everyone on the board shares the same opinion. If we do get Mankins he will try to beat out Weigert for the RG position. We could live with Weigert for a season but he's getting old and he's not going to improve anymore, so we may replace him this or next season with very probably Milford Brown or Fred Weary. But I wouldn't rule out picking a RG for us in this draft. Also I dont see Mankins going in the second round. I'll say a mid to late third, but hey I might be wrong.

15. STEEL BLUE TEXANS

STEEL BLUE TEXANS Hall of Fame

I got this little blurb about the Texans on another message board.

"Texans scouts were also discussing Wesley Britt (Alabama) and openly admitted they are high on the left tackle."

16. Vinny

17. STEEL BLUE TEXANS

STEEL BLUE TEXANS Hall of Fame

Wesley Britt, 6-7 315, SR, Alabama

Wesley sustained a broken leg last year. But has really healed up and is playing as good as any tackle in the nation right now. He was recently selected to the prestigious Street & Smith's and Walter Camp Football Foundation's 1st Team All-American Team. This monster is extremely talented, he was a 1st team All-ACC left tackle before his fracture. He is very good blocking downfield and powerful in the running game. Alabama had a tremendous running game all year despite injuries to backfield stars. Britt was the lead blocker for the SEC's best ground attack dominating with 55 knockdown blocks.

18. Wild Bill

Wild Bill Rookie

Wow!!! I haven't heard anything about him but that is, in my opinion, the Texans biggest area of need. All the mock drafts talk about Shaun Cody, Dan Cody, Anttaj Hawthorne at our #13 pick. I think these guys will be good NFL players one day, but not good enough to take at 13.

We have a 'good' defense and I think that picking Patterson out of USC in the second round would be a steal, if he's still available. However, we're getting our QB killed. The fact that he barely has 2 - 3 seconds to drop back and try to find an open receiver affects every aspect of the Texans team, such as:
    1. Running the ball 'consistantly'
    2. Time of possession
    3. Defense getting tired in the fourth quarter

Dom Capers like to run a ball control offense. That doesn't mean run, run, run. That means being able to move the ball with effeciency. We can have Randy Moss, Terrell Owens, and all of the other Pro Bowl receivers on our team, but if David doesn't have enough time to drop back and let the routes develop, it doesn't do the team any good.

Thanks for sharing the information about Wesley Britt. I'm going to go do some homework of my own on him.

19. texasguy346

texasguy346 Mod Squad

I think Patterson could be had late in the 3rd. I really think he might even last till early the second day. I think Hawthorne, Cody, Castillo, Johnson, Babineaux, and possibly Pouha will be gone before Patterson is picked. I understand his stock has risen some, but I still think he'll be a late 3rd round pick at the earliest.

20. Blake

Blake MMQB