Send in the Clowns

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by Wolf, Sep 12, 2005.

1. Wolf

Wolf 100% Texan

http://www.houstonprofootball.com/scout/scout116.html

2. Wolf

Wolf 100% Texan

from the article and they have a picture of the boss (as capers) from the movie office space.

too funny :tv:

3. Vinny

Vinny shiny happy fan Staff Member

[​IMG]
    "Ahhhh... we have sort of a problem here, David.
    Hmmm, yeeaaaahhh... Ahhh... I'm going to have
    to ask you to come in on Sunday, too.
    That would be great."

4. aj.

aj. Hall of Fame

I don't see this as a total meltdown. The defense gave the offense numerous chances to get back into the game in the second half and the total ineptness of the offense prevented that from happening. Two if the Bills drives in the first half started deep in Houston territory but the defense only allowed them in the endzone once. That's what I'm hanging my hat on. It's all there is.

5. Wolf

Wolf 100% Texan

thanks for doing the pic vinny.. I didn't know how.. that is hillarious just thinking about that guy talking.. and match that with Capers look that you normally see

I got tears coming out of my eyes and my stomach is hurting!!!

6. Vinny

I think the defense had made some great adjustments at the half and Losman didn't look the same in the second half while Pbuc turned up his game a notch (I've noticed he has gotten bashed over and over here by some, but he never gave up a TD) as well. The Texas - OU game had a similar deal where the defense kept the offense in the game against a team with an outstanding D...the big difference was that Young made some plays and our guys didn't.

7. Wolf

Wolf 100% Texan

same website and their game day review.

http://www.houstonprofootball.com/game/

Part of what went wrong

Part of what went right

8. Double Barrel

Double Barrel Modified Simian

heh-heh...Office Space...I needed the laugh. Thanks! :thumbup

I agree with Vinny's assessment. The D kept us in the game, but the O never arrived.

9. Txnpride

Txnpride Veteran

I agree,if it wasnt for our defense the score would have been 55-7.Maybe our defense can score some points this weekend.I recall last year Capers making comments something to the effect "Our goal is to keep it close in the fourth quarter" Maybe we should try to score in quarters 1 thru 3 then put the game away in the fourth :hmmm:

10. Vinny

Good stuff from Lucky!

11. Grid

Grid Hall of Fame

I think you are giving the D too much credit. keep in mind that the Bills had one of the worst scoring offenses in the red zone.

They marched down the field repeatedly, they just didnt score a TD when they got within the 20.

Our D provided NO pass rush, and while Pbuc didnt give up a TD, he did give up a slew of yards. Did he even get a defensed pass?

Our defense did NOT play good.. they played average at best. And our biggest problem.. the pass rush.. is STILL our biggest problem. It seems we made NO progress in that department over the offseason.. despite going up against one of the worst lines from last year.

12. texan279

texan279 Hall of Fame

Glad I am not the only one that thinks PBuch did not play as horrible as some are claiming on here...PBuch had 2 great plays in the first half that were negated by penalties...

13. Kaiser Toro

Kaiser Toro Native Mod

I agree. I feel that many here did not watch the whole game. Maybe I am a geek, but I do not take any plays off when I watch the Texans.

14. texan279

texan279 Hall of Fame

My guess is some don't see him grab an INT or make a sack and assume he had a horrible game...

15. Vinny

I think a few start to scream 'pbuc sucks' and the rest of the herd just chimes in as a mob of bashing the current player of the moment. The only TD the Bills scored yesterday was off a trick play - A Tackle eligible. If you read this board long enough you would figure pbuc gave up 4 TD's and the defense was abused all game.

16. Exascor

Exascor Hall of Fame

I thought he did fine with the lack of pass rush we had. He was picked on because they avoided Dunta. Fans seem to forget that Dunta wasn't the all-everything CB at first last year. He blew a lot of plays. Buchanon does has a lot of room to improve though.

17. texan279

texan279 Hall of Fame

The play I remember best is when he dropped McGahee for a 5 yard loss and we were called for offsides I think...He also had another tackle for a loss that was negated due to penalty...But no, some want Glenn back because he had one INT yesterday that was tipped into his hands and was all over Sportscenter...

18. HoustonHarley

HoustonHarley Rookie

Similiar, but yet not even close. The Texas Longhorns Defense won that game. They made big play after big play, from sacks to big hits when they really needed them. OSU was in FG range when they got the ball off turnovers and either went backwards or didn't get a first down. Not everytime, but most. V. Young contributed to the win, but at the same time made a couple very stupid plays. The difference between him and DC is when VInce makes a mistake, he bounces right back with all the confidence in the world. Nothing seemes to bother this kid. DC may have been a lot like that too, prior to sack after sack after sack.

19. Grid

Grid Hall of Fame

I dont want Glenn back and I think Pbuc has a lot of potential.

But im not going to sugarcoat the fact that they moved the ball downfield repeatedly by just tossing it to his side.

20. texan279

texan279 Hall of Fame

Well it's not hard when there is no pass rush and Losman has about 5 seconds in the pocket...It's hard to cover a WR one on one for that long in the NFL. Not only that, from what I remember he did not give up any big plays, though I may be wrong...