Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Seattle Seahawks @ Houston Texans. Noon. 9/29. FOX. **Official GameDay Thread**

Hey, Texans fans? Can we go 'Hawks shopping?

Seattle Seahawks coach Pete Carroll has stressed the importance of defense from his first day on the job, and having the league's top-ranked unit has brought the franchise to within one victory of its first 4-0 start.

The Houston Texans hope to prevent that from happening on their home field Sunday, but they'll likely have to limit their mistakes against the Seahawks' ball-hawking defense.

Seattle is allowing an NFL-best 241.7 yards per game, and its 10 forced turnovers are tied for second-most. It has given up a league-low 27 points and had three takeaways in last week's 45-17 win over Jacksonville.

The Seahawks also had four sacks last week and created enough of a cushion to allow starters on both sides of the ball to rest for most of the second half. However, the 265 yards allowed didn't set well with everyone.

"We're disappointed," cornerback Richard Sherman said. "We didn't expect to give up that many yards, that many points. It feels good to get the win, but obviously we wanted to play better."

Houston (2-1) boasts the league's second-ranked defensive unit that allows an average of 249.0 yards per game, but it has forced only one turnover while the offense has given up the ball four times.

Matt Schaub was intercepted on the team's first drive for the second time in last Sunday's 30-9 loss to Baltimore and had a pick returned for a touchdown for the second consecutive game.

The Texans also allowed an 82-yard punt return for a score and committed a franchise-record 14 penalties. Coach Gary Kubiak said those types of mishaps can't continue, especially against an opportunistic team like Seattle.

"I don't think we've played a good team game from start to finish," Kubiak said. "We've been inconsistent. We've turned the ball over. It's about consistency and finding a way to make plays.

"The biggest thing is if we're going to put ourselves in those situations, we're going to struggle."

Receiver Andre Johnson is easing his way back to practice after being forced out against the Ravens with a bruised shin. He also suffered a concussion in a 30-24 overtime win over Tennessee the week prior.

"All the X-rays are fine," Kubiak said. "It's just a matter of working him back through it, probably a day-to-day process."

Arian Foster rushed only 12 times for 54 yards last week while Schaub finished 25 of 35 for 194 yards. Houston had 264 total yards after averaging 450.5 over its first two games.

"Somehow we've got to get some consistency, get rid of those mistakes and play the type of football game we want to play," Kubiak said. "We've got to find a way to make some bigger plays than what we're making."

MORE EXPERT PICKS HERE!! >>>> http://weeklypickem.fantasy.nfl.com/experts

What I want to see:

The Offensive Line gettin' awfully, awfully physical

After the last two weeks, I need the OL to get gangsta. Wear these Seahawks out and when they look tired, wear 'em out some more. Won't be easy, but that's just it; these guys need to take the last 2 week PERSONAL.

No matter how DangeRuss he is, he must be rattled

This kid can play, no doubt. That said, he's had some moments where he wasn't as crisp as he would probably want. In the SF game, he wasn't his accurate, consistent self (8/19, INT, fumble, sacked 4 times). Watt, Ninja, Reed and Whit need to get to this guy. Also, watch for the pump fake; he's added it, and it can be lethal.

Stuff the run, make SEA one-dimensional

Must contain Skittles. The run D we saw from the 3rd quarter of the Titans game til now is what needs to show up. If SEA gets the ground game going, it will indeed be a long day defensively.

Offense, time to wake up EARLY

Offense needs to their ish together. Need I say more? (I will, but still) There is no reason why we shouldn't have success on O. Too much damned talent for 7,7 and 9 point halves. So, let's get to work by getting OD and Double G involved early with play action game. Also, pound the rock with 23 and 4-4.

Back at home, fam! Time to make this place a house of horrors for our opponent, no matter who it is. Last week was last week; to hell with it, it's over. What matters is going 1-0 this week (rules still ain't changin'!). Let's get this W and get back on track, folks! TONIGHT IS THE NIGHT, WE'LL FIGHT TIL IT'S OVER!

TheMatrix31

Hall of Fame
Boys better be ready to go. This game is big. Coming off an ass-kicking, at home against one of the best two teams thus far. Gonna be a fight. Seattle is going to try to get in our heads, too. Gotta avoid the penalties and take care of the ball.

I hope we come out passing all over them. Pass to set up the run.

Nawzer

Alienz
Ewww! It's going to be on Fox? I hate their presentation. Makes everything look cheap and gimmicky.

burro

probably drunk
I'm trying to be optimistic, but frankly I don't feel good about this game. Russell Wilson and Co. are going to dink and dunk all over us and then ram it down our throats when the defense wears out. Remember those old Jacksonville games where Gerrard would put together a 7-9 minute drive only to have us respond with a 3 and out? I think it could be one of those days unless...

We can move the sticks on the ground. Seattle is #1 in both passing defense and total defense (we're #2 in both categories, oddly enough), so we'll be needing a lot of help out of Foster and/or Tate in powering the offense. If we can't make a first down without passing for it on 3rd and 7, we'll get blown up.

Also, our odds improve dramatically if the LBs play even remotely decent pass coverage. It's been painful and getting worse, we have to shut down the TEs and force Wilson to go bigger.

DX-TEX

#TomSavageDontCare
If Schaub could not throw a pick 6 today that would help!
:fans::fans::fans::fans:
He will throw two then

Bad enough we are playing like cow dung but now its a dark, rainy and depressing day outside. Ominous.

But stay positive!

What? Over? Did you say 'over'? Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!...

It ain't over now, 'cause when the goin' gets tough, the tough get goin'. Who's with me? Let's go! Come on!

What the f--k happened to the Texans fans I used to know? Where's the spirit? Where's the guts, huh? This could be the greatest game of our lives, but you're gonna let it be the worst. 'Ooh, we're afraid to go with you, we might get beaten.' Well, just kiss my ass from now on! Not me! I'm not gonna take this. Wilson, he's a dead man! Sherman dead! Lynch dead!

Last edited:

Uncle Rico

Ur apology should be as loud as Ur disrespect was
Good luck with the whole gangster expectation, until Brown gets healthy and starts playing how he's capable of there will be two turnstiles on the edges. If Smith isn't 100% he needs to sit, he's not playing very good either. Best bet is to keep in a TE and chip with the RB on passing downs but it kinda sucks because you take away 2 options from the play, but a sack is worse. Koobs better get creative, because vanilla won't cut it against SEA.

Defensively, we stack up no nicely. We are great against the run, and their receiving corps. isn't exactly chock full of talent. Stop Lynch, make Russell throw the ball and he will make mistakes. Still feel like we win by 10, if it were in Seattle I'd probably be more pessimistic like most of the board, but its no picnic for opponents to win at Reliant.

Rey

It's funny but whenever game time is approaching in always optimistic. It's weird because with a clear mind I'd feel worse about our chances. But this damn pre-game haze gets me every time.

Uncle Rico

Ur apology should be as loud as Ur disrespect was
Dr Pick Six or Mr. Downfield Efficient?

(I'm going with either Dr)
Nice jab! Cool you are still visiting the board. In all honesty though, couldn't we also come up with catchy monikers for Joe? Not like he's the model of consistency even though he is getting paid like he was.

handswarmer

Rookie
Nice jab! Cool you are still visiting the board. In all honesty though, couldn't we also come up with catchy monikers for Joe? Not like he's the model of consistency even though he is getting paid like he was.
Just playing along!

Joe can be "Joe Cool" "Joe Bombs Away" or sometimes he can be just "Joe Bombed"

Some people around here get "Wacko for Flacco" or they get "Whacked by Flacco"....uneven so far this year- big changes on offense....defense is cooking though.

Playoffs

Hall of Fame
ESPN's Ed Werder reports Seattle Seahawks OC Darrell Bevell will make establishing RB Marshawn Lynch a priority today against the Texans.

DX-TEX

#TomSavageDontCare
Ed Werder ‏@Edwerderespn 5m
Texans left tackle Duane Brown is inactive. Important with Chris Clemons back for Seahawks on rush
and there is the final nail.

htowntexans1985

1st Round Pick
Duane Brown is inactive today. Ryan Harris replaces him at LT. Other inactives: Keenum, Jean, Dobbins, White, Montgomery and Jamison.

axman40

Hall of Fame
Seattle starting center Max Unger and right tackle Breno Giacomini are among the Seahawks' seven inactive players for today's game against the Houston Texans.
So yes, that means Seattle will go with a vastly-different looking offensive line featuring Lemuel Jeanpierre at center and rookie Michael Bowie at right tackle, along with Paul McQuistan at left tackle, J.R. Sweezy at right guard and James Carpenter at left guard.
http://www.lockerpulse.com/NFL/Seahawks/
:tiphat:
:texflag:

DX-TEX

#TomSavageDontCare
Jeff Darlington ‏@JeffDarlington 1h
Of all the players I've seen arrive at stadiums, I've never seen someone look as tough and focused as J.J. Watt did moments ago.
:swatter: