Season Ticket Holder tired of getting emails from Texans and Goodell

Discussion in 'Texan Tailgate' started by gafftop, Mar 14, 2011.

1. gafftop

gafftop Hall of Fame

Really tired of BS letters from Goodell and especially the Texans. If the Texans really gave a rat's ass they would suspend the required payments for season tickets until agreement is reached. Even though they have no idea when and IF they will play this year , we as ticket hoders are required to continue paying for the tickets in full. If the Texans really appreciated their fans they would suspend further payments until the labor problem is solved. We as fans have no control over what is happening yet we are the ones required to PAY. Just my opinion.

2. Section516

Section516 Warrior

Nope. They are going to use our money to help fund their lockout..I hope the NFL is prepared for the fan fallout...

3. Blake

Blake MMQB

I havent paid them a dime yet. You cant sell me a product that doesnt exist.

4. Ole Miss Texan

Ole Miss Texan Hall of Fame

I don't disagree with yall one bit. But from the franshise's perspective, say the CBA gets agreed to in September 1 ro 2 games into the season.. Then they start requesting payments for season tickets or just find out then of the seats that weren't renewed.... that would cause a major headache/nightmare.

5. Marcus

Marcus Ruthless pragmatist

6. disaacks3

disaacks3 Site Contributor

In my view, this is no different than any other season...I have to pay many months in advance to keep my PSL and my tickets.

Like a cruise that MAY get cancelled, you won't see a dime until it actually happens.

7. Blake

Blake MMQB

Would you still purchase the cruise when the company has no way of guaranteeing they will have a boat to use?

8. Vinnie

Vinnie with an I E

Ditto. And until they get this resolved or I'm strong armed, I won't.

9. Double Barrel

Double Barrel Modified Simian

Bob's got race horses to feed. You folks need to quit being greedy with your money! :howdy:

10. gafftop

gafftop Hall of Fame

I think there should be MAJOR headaches/nightmares for them because it is their doing. Why shouldn't they feel all the repurcussions.

11. disaacks3

There aren't many guarantees in life. People have booked on airlines that have gone under.

Does it irritate me? Sure. But I'm not risking my PSL over being irritated.

12. Blake

Blake MMQB

Maybe guarantee was the wrong choice of words. Basically we are being sold a service and product that doesnt actually exist.

But I dont have PSL's so I feel I have a little more wiggle room than you. :P

13. disaacks3

OK, let's try it this way...this isn't any different than booking a flight on an airline that is experiencing a labor dispute with it's pilots union. You still have to pay when you book and there's no guarantee that the labor dispute will be settled by the time your flight arrives. (I've actually had that one happen on American Airlines years ago).

The product exists, but is currently in the midst of a labor dispute. Just like the airline example mentioned above, it may take some time to get the issues ironed out, but ultimately both sides understand that they are irritating the customer and blowing $$$ every day they don't get a deal done.

And yes, I have Zero wiggle to keep my PSLs.

14. Yankee_In_TX

Yankee_In_TX Dance Lindsay!

If I worked my tail off to get a permanent seat in my favorite deck chair, and by refusing to re-up I would lose that chair with the great view of the pool and next to my buddy's chair, yeah, I would. Sorry?

15. gary

gary Hall of Fame

Won't you get a refund if there is not a season?

16. Section516

Section516 Warrior

They (the owners) still get a interest free loan from us (the fans) to cover their lockout

17. gary

gary Hall of Fame

Ok. Well, I do agree that there is a risk involved with everything in life and I like being safe rather than sorry JMO. But I understand why you guys would be upset.

18. Yankee_In_TX

Yankee_In_TX Dance Lindsay!

I agree with Gary. It's not fair, but life isn't fair. I'd rather give them my interest free money then lose my seats.

19. Section516

Section516 Warrior

Agreed. Isn't fair..But when you invest so much money at the get go and liable to lose it, gotta keep going..

20. Section516

Section516 Warrior

Over the weekend, three NFC North teams informed season-ticket holders of plans to offer some level of simple interest as a part of any refund. The amount literally could end up being pennies, but I guess you could consider it a modest gesture of acknowledgement for holding the cash of your best customers for six months or more.

http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/38470/lockout11-updating-our-season-ticket-rant

Number their looking at is 1%...So 1$ for a year for a 100$ ticket..