Season opener against Bills just got tougher

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by gcolby, May 13, 2005.

1. gcolby

gcolby Veteran

ESPN has an article out there this morning about how the Bills will honor their '64-'65 AFL title team (40th anniversary) PLUS the 15th anniversary of the still wildly popular Jim Kelly era teams that won 4 straight AFC title games, PLUS they are going to unveil their new alternate jersey, all in time for the season opener against the Texans. Ouch!

That stadium is going to rock. Good luck David. Hope your o-line shows up for THAT one :ouch:

2. Tailgate

Tailgate Fall of Hame

Its the SEASON OPENER! If the Bills need any extra incentives (jerseys, etc) to get up for the game...... thats prett lame.

3. rittenhouserobz

rittenhouserobz Hall of Fame

Good luck to Posey. I am sure after the last game he is on the minds of a few Texans. I am confident that the Texans can win. A couple TD's can quiet the crowd.

4. cuppacoffee

cuppacoffee Resident Grouch

Why should Posey be out for blood?? :confused:
    Its not like we cut him loose or refused to resign him. He bolted from here the minute he was able to leave. Never gave the team a chance to retain him. I do not wish him well or wish him any harm, he's just a player who decided he didn't want to be here. Why panic??? I doubt he will raise havoc against us.

cac: :coffee:

5. THEFUTURE

THEFUTURE All Pro

i liked posey, and thought he was a talented LB, and is doing well in buffalo... who cares about an alternate jersey, as long as its not our battle red, every other teams jersey is just a jersey

6. F-minus67

F-minus67 Hall of Fame

Didn't Posey take Carr out the last time we played them?

7. Vinny

Vinny shiny happy fan Staff Member

Hey, its the season opener. I don't think they are doing anything to movtivate their team...its THE SEASON OPENER!!! A great day for football fans everywhere. The Bills are legit playoff contenders. I expect a tough game against one of the top defenses in the NFL...regardless of frills.

8. El Tejano

El Tejano Hall of Fame

Hey, Posey may be out for blood and that's alright. If he wants to knock Carr out the game, he will have to face Tony Banks who was the QB that beat the Bills causing the Bills fan to give the LOUDEST BOOS I've ever heard on TV. I am looking for Andre Johnson to have another beautiful game against the Bills and leave all the Bills fans having to look back at the past to pick up their heads. Oh yeah and after we get done with the present bills, we'll go and sack Kelly just for the fun of it.

9. Double Barrel

Double Barrel Modified Simian

I think our guys will be ready to play. The Bills should not overlook the Texans, which could happen with all the distracting events.

And honoring the Jim Kelly era is cool and all...especially those four Suberbowl losses in a row. :D

10. royce1054

royce1054 All Pro

dont 4get Buffalo has an unproven QB should weigh in heavily

11. infantrycak

infantrycak Mod. Staff Member

That is exactly what the Cowboys thought prior to David Carr's first NFL game.

12. royce1054

royce1054 All Pro

yea,.... but i think our d is a little better than Dallas' was back then.. i think buffalo wins 6-7 games houston wont be 1

13. Texan Dave

Texan Dave Veteran

They had best do something to get them selfs up for the game. After all we do have the fewest season opener losses in the NFL.

:heh:

14. Fiddy

Fiddy Hall of Fame

Dont think that it matters that much because we are going to get a steady dose of Willis McGahee all day long until our new LB corps can shows that they can stop the run.

15. royce1054

royce1054 All Pro

if they dont it will make the sharper release look really bad.. i expect out d to confuse Losman with steady blitz and hopefully that will also stop McGahee

16. Fiddy

Fiddy Hall of Fame

Not really saying it is really a brand new 4 minus Babin. Wong's moving inside, Greenwood's first game and Peek playing in all situations. I wouldnt be surprised at all if we cant stop the run for the first 3 games...

17. royce1054

royce1054 All Pro

i kinda think moreno might give some 1 a run at starting job

18. Texan Dave

Texan Dave Veteran

But then you never know, with that much speed at linebacker, great things can hapen in a hurry. Notice I said can, and not will.

19. ATX

ATX Hall of Fame

if we stop mcgahee early and our offense doesn't turn it over, we have an excellent chance to win this game.

20. royce1054

royce1054 All Pro

on offense i just worry about the O-line giving Carr enough time. Then i worry about Davis fumbling. Thats about it.

Defense i worry about the LB's how they will mesh together. I think P-Buc dont let us down. D-line play on the offensive side of the ball and get some pass rush.

Maybe it will be special teams that decides this game who knows.