Sean Taylor...

Discussion in 'The National Football League' started by texan279, Jan 9, 2006.

1. texan279

texan279 Hall of Fame

Forgot to post this yeasterday. Anyone see the game yesterday? I couldn't figure out why Taylor was ejected after the Bucs Michael Pittman smacked him in the face, but apparently before Pittman smacked him, Taylor spit in Pittman's face.

2. dirty steve

dirty steve Hall of Fame

taylor was in fact ejected for spitting in pittman's face.

3. MorKnolle

MorKnolle Hall of Fame

I was also trying to figure that out during the game, but apparently he did spit on him. There is a lack of visual evidence in the video replay though to show that he did in fact spit on him, not to mention Pittman never wiped his face off or anything either so I don't know. If he did I'm sure he'll get fined and/or suspended, but I don't know if there is conclusive evidence for that, but going off of Taylor's short but colorful history they may discipline him anyway.

4. tulexan

tulexan Hall of Fame

I was confused too. I thought they initially messed up the call because they called the penalty on Taylor after he was hit in the face. But Taylor never argued with the ejection and apparently he has a history of spitting in peoples faces. I believe he was suspended for a game by Joe Gibbs either this year or last year for spitting in someone's face.

5. dtran04

dtran04 Hall of Fame

Glad we didn't give up a ton of picks to trade up for that headcase. I'll take Dunta anyday.

6. edo783

edo783 Site Contributor

Talented, but man, what a KNUCKELHEAD.

7. bballer3215

bballer3215 Rookie

If only he had some discipline or mental stability, he would be great.

8. tulexan

tulexan Hall of Fame

He already is great, he just has no discipline. He is like Ron Artest. When he plays, he is great and one of the best on the field. But you never know when he is going to snap and do something stupid like spit in someone's face or fire a gun at someone that you accuse of trying to steal your ATV

9. Texans Horror

Texans Horror Hall of Fame

I was on the Bucs boards, and from them I heard that not only does Taylor have a bad history, he has been accused of spitting in a player's face before, though there was no conclusive evidence by way of video. However, the ref being so close to him and reacting so suddenly makes me think that he did see it, though it is hard to pick up spittle on video.

10. YoungTexanFan

YoungTexanFan Hall of Fame

Sean Taylor is a stud on the field, but a dud off of it.

However, I present you with a FS with the same talent and a better off field persona: Ko Simpson.

11. TexansCanes

TexansCanes All Pro

ko simpson is good but i don't know if they have the same talent. it's hard find someone who put up the same type of season sean did his junior year. he says he did spit but i don't think the ref would make up something like that and since he was right there it's not a case of something he might seen. another dumb thing to take away from what he does on the field.