Sean Payton to Dallas?

Discussion in 'The National Football League' started by Hookem Horns, Nov 4, 2012.

1. Hookem Horns

Hookem Horns That Server Guy Staff Member

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8592214/sean-payton-deal-new-orleans-saints-voided-nfl-sources-say

This should not happen. Jason Garrett is an awesome head coach and as most Cowboys fans will tell you Tony Romo is an elite QB. I think Romo is so great thanks to Garrett and they are a match made in heaven.

Please Jerrah, don't even consider this.

2. IDEXAN

IDEXAN Hall of Fame

But others are more skeptical, knowing that the suspended head coach has undergone some personal changes in his life that have included going through a divorce and spending plenty of time in Dallas. He bought a house in the city early last year.
    I'm thinking that he and his wife (eh, X-wife now), bought a house in North Texas a couple years ago which became the family home. I remember reading about it and how upset, understandably, people in NOLA were.
    Anyway, I'm sure they have children but with the divorce it's still not the same
    thing and he should have more flexibility in picking a different location if he chooses to among competing offers besides what the Saints might offer. Besides, difficult to imagine Jerry Jones giving up so much control at this point to land a top flight talent like Payton ?

3. GP

GP Go Texans!

Jerry will sell his last piece of soul to get him as the HC. Bank on it.

And he'll give him all control. Bank on it.

Sean Payton doesn't want to return to the Saints with the residue left over from the bounty scandal. Perfect way to get out of that ordeal, IMO.

He gets to be the HC of a team that will give the media something to focus on that's positive: Rebuilding the team. If he stays with Saints, the bounty gate stays with him forever. That team is showing the effects of the damage this year already.

It makes perfect sense to go to the Cowboys.

4. SCOTTexans

SCOTTexans All Pro

Curious... Why do you think Garrett is a great Head Coach?

5. BullBlitz

BullBlitz Section 331

Hope you are right. I wouldn't mind seeing Sean with the Cowboys.

6. Trap_Star

Trap_Star SiteContributor

[​IMG]

7. SCOTTexans

SCOTTexans All Pro

Thats what i thought... but i just wasn't quite sure if he was joking... :dangit:

8. StarStruck

StarStruck Site Contributor

I concur.

9. OzzO

OzzO .. and then?

Why would the NFL void his extension? Part of the "penalty"? As noted, seems that kinda works in Payton's favor to get away from the stink.

10. Wolf

Wolf 100% Texan

Nfl network said it IS voided. Payton says he plans on coming back to the Saints though. deon said depending on tonight's game, don't be surprise if jerry jones talks to him

11. paycheck71

paycheck71 Hall of Fame

I read that there was some language in the contract that would let Payton walk if Mickey Lumis (NO GM) got fired or suspended. The league said they don't like that kind of precedent. I'm not sure when exactly the contract was terminated, and if it wasn't before the season, I don't understand why it took so long.

12. Hookem Horns

Hookem Horns That Server Guy Staff Member

Call me a traditionalist and I don't know about everyone else however I am ready for the Saints to go back to being the Aints.

13. Exascor

Exascor Hall of Fame

They were always a team I rooted for in the NFC. I was actually happy they won the Superbowl until...Houston was invaded by "lifelong" Saints fans. They are obnoxious.

May the Saints dwell in the NFCS cellar for many years to come. :choke:

14. Playoffs

Playoffs Subscribed Contributor

Glazer: Saints, Payton agree to deal

15. ubecool454

ubecool454 Hall of Fame

Of course Payton is going to say he is going back to NO but to me its a no brainer. Who in their right mind would pick NO over Dallas? I don't care where he goes because I don't like either one of those teams...haha

16. Goldensilence

Goldensilence hipster elite

Gee work with with a HOF in Brees who is perfect for your offensive system and an owner who won't mettle with you.....or to Dallas with Jerrah?

Payton made the easiest choice by far and it shouldn't have even been a question.