SCOUT'S HONOR: Texans pre-camp preview

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by Fiddy, Jul 11, 2004.

1. Fiddy

Fiddy Hall of Fame

http://msn.foxsports.com/story/2567762

2. infantrycak

infantrycak Mod. Staff Member

Interesting thing in a lot of pre-season analysis is the either the excitement of the coaches in Peek's potential, his description as the most athletic LB on the squad and the reports that he has come in much more focused. Don't know how much is repitition between the internet sources, but Peek coming into his own as a starter would be a tremendous boost to the D, allowing much more speed/athleticism at ROLB than Wong will ever have (and I actually like Wong although his price tag is high) and possibly allowing Wong to upgrade Foreman sooner rather than later. Rookies are always interesting to watch and obviously will be watching Babin, but Peek's performance is certainly intriguing as well with tremendous upside.

3. El Tejano

El Tejano Hall of Fame

I like how alot of these reporters try to ride the fence while predicting a playoff spot for us. "While postseason is likely a year away, the Texans will make a positivie push in 2004.

4. aj.

aj. Hall of Fame

I don't think they are riding the fence. I think they are telling it like it is (positive push in '04 with postseason likely a year away).

5. Vinny

Vinny shiny happy fan Staff Member

How else would you ride it? You are talking about a team that has never ever had a winning streak. A team that hasn't won move than 5 games in one season. It's not like this is Conference USA. It is a tough road. There are 31 other teams with the same level of talent out there.

6. El Tejano

El Tejano Hall of Fame

I just believe they should either say we are going or not like they do with other teams that haven't had good records that made positive additions to their team. But after reading it again I can kinda see that he really isn't riding a fence. His prediction is saying we will make it next year. But there are alot of reporters that do say, Oh they will make the playoffs but could fall off at the end of the season.