Scouts Eye on AFC South run games

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by CloakNNNdagger, Jul 7, 2011.

1. CloakNNNdagger

CloakNNNdagger Site Contributor

From ESPN:
    By Paul Kuharsky

Note especially the Reggie Bush comment at the very end of the article.

2. texanfan2002114

texanfan2002114 Subscribed Contributor

That is a scary thought of giving Manning a pass catching weapon like that out of the back field. Its hard enough getting the colts off the field on 3rd down now, I don't want to imagine that with Reggie's spped and quickness.

3. thunderkyss

thunderkyss Salem Poor

It's a good thing Foster isn't going to be a sophomore then.....

4. TimeKiller

TimeKiller Guest

This giant tree, standing 10,000 ft. high but not
    Not buying the sophomore slump. I don't think Foster will suddenly lose his instincts/vision while running. He's still young and though last year was a big load, he's got a LOT of tread left on the tires. Ben Tate should bring something to the table and Ward brought what was it like, 6 ypc? Correctly assumed, if defenses load 8/9 in the box to stop Foster they better have Revis or Asomugha on their team. The offense this year really should be unstoppable.

As for MJD, he's a great player on a bad team. Maybe not this year but I'd say he's closer to being washed up than great. At some point he won't be able to keep his size/speed up. He's either going to have to get lighter/more susceptible to injury or bigger/too damn slow. Still a player though, albeit with a really good PR team.

Chris Johnson is a one trick pony and that trick wasn't working last year. How's that for analysis?

Colts can pick up whoever they want, that team starts and ends with Manning's forehead.

5. TexanSam

TexanSam Hall of Fame

Why would he think MJD is on the decline? He's only been in the league since 2006 and he had less than 200 running attemps his first 3 seasons. As a Texans fan I would love it if he started getting worse but I don't know if that's going to happen just yet.

As far as Foster, the only reason I could think of him not having another great year is NFL defenses focusing in on him like they did Chris Johnson in Tennessee. But the Texans have a potent passing game (especially with OD back) to counter that. Hard to see Foster having a bad year.

6. DocBar

DocBar Hall of Fame