Scouting the 71 Underclassmen Entering the NFL Draft

Discussion in 'Mock Draft Talk' started by srrono, Jan 24, 2013.

1. srrono

srrono Hall of Fame

Full Story
    http://www.thesidelineview.com/columns/draft/scouting-71-underclassmen-entering-nfl-draft

A few guys that stand out to me

Michigan State DE William Gholston - freak of nature that has to start dominating games and taking over games. And, if he didn't truly do it at MSU, then will he do it in the NFL? Even if he doesn't dominate, he can be a solid 3-4 DE, playing the run well. I could see him being a taller version of Houston Texan Antonio Smith in the future.

LSU ILB Kevin Minter - tackling machine and high football IQ, I'm a big fan of his.

LSU DE Sam Montgomery - Stud. Plays with such incredible effort. Will be a first rounder, potentially, for a playoff team. Some team is getting a good one.

FSU CB Xavier Rhodes - big, physical corner who can play zone and man, but similar to Prince Amukamara, he relies a bit too much on his strength in playing receivers downfield. He can manhandle them, but in the NFL, he'll be flagged all day long. That said, I like his potential more than Prince┬ůmuch more.

beerlover likes this.
  2. AJ-80

AJ-80 Veteran

Intrigued by Josh Boyce, WR from TCU. Has deep speed and a very solid receiver throughout his college years.

3. WolverineFan

WolverineFan Hall of Fame

Florida S Matt Elam - one of my favorite players in this draft. Absolutely love how he plays the game, his versatility, his leadership and his ability to drop the hammer. If he had Sean Taylor size, he'd be a top 7 pick in this draft. Could be top safety off the board, regardless.

4. Vinny

Vinny shiny happy fan Staff Member

Is he related to Vernon Gholston? Joel Bushbaum says he looks like Tarzan but plays like Jane. Seems both Gholstons have the same knock, related or otherwise.

5. Doppelganger

Doppelganger None

I believe he is a younger cousin.

Beerlover and I like to point out NFL bloodlines as a potential positive for a recruit. For example, Desmond Trufant(younger brother of Marcus and Isiah) has positive NFL bloodlines. In addition, it may help becuase his brothers have played and know what it takes to be successful.

In this case, it might actually work against him, considering how bad Vernon was.

6. ralph

ralph Rookie

Huge +1

Elam is the player I want most at our 1st round spot.

WolverineFan likes this.
  7. WolverineFan

WolverineFan Hall of Fame

Same here. He's a difference maker on the back end. Which is something we've never had.

8. Lucky

Lucky Moderator

Former Chiefs GM Scott Pioli ranks his top 10 underclassmen in the upcoming draft.

No Damontre Moore? And I haven't seen Lacy rated that highly, though he is a pretty good college back. Just goes to show that every team has their own draft board. [SIZE=-1] [/SIZE]