Scouting Report on Schaub: Cheapshot him to DEATH

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by DexmanC, Nov 3, 2008.

1. DexmanC

DexmanC Hall of Fame

1. Albert Haynesworth cheaped him over and over and over until he was
    injured.

2. Drayton Florence of the Chargers smashed him in the jaw with his HELMET.
    Concussion

3. Another Chargers corner karate chopped Matt's shoulder, putting him down
    for the remainder of the last season.

4. And yesterday, Jared Allen Goldberg'd Schaub's knee well after the ball was
    gone, while his buddy was schoving Matt in the chest. They, in effect,
    chop blocked Matt and tore his MCL.

I'm sick of these posters calling Schaub "injury prone." EVERY time he's gone
    down, it's due to BLATANT attempts to injure. So, I guess that's what his
    scouting report says.

Texans_Chick likes this.
  2. cuppacoffee

cuppacoffee Resident Grouch

And why wouldn't they?

Refs' will look the other way, (it's just the Texans after all ), and our downy soft O and D linemen will NOT retaliate.

Everyone likes a win win situation.

:coffee:

3. junior

junior Veteran

Exactly, everyone in the league is so scared of him that this is they only way they can beat us. Every QB in the league takes these hits, just look at Big Ben in Pittsburgh, he has been hurt the diffrence is he stays on the field more than Schaub.

We can't put a red jersey on him, so he has to find a way to absorb the hits better (I know he can't do anything about the tear) or find another profession.

4. Hervoyel

Hervoyel The Right Track

Well, until one of them nuts up and decides to take some pride in keeping their QB from getting hurt. I swear sometimes it's like we just shut down the moment the play ends. It feels like we've got some of the biggest cream-puff mentality guys in the entire NFL.

I genuinely want to see this happen the next time Schaub takes a cheap shot. I want to see somebody (on the defense) carted off on the next series and maybe not return that day. I know it probably goes against their grain to do that crap but I watched Allen hit Schaubs knee with just total outrage on my face. I couldn't believe that piece of crap would climb back up to his knees and dive at the QB's leg knowing full well the ball was gone. I pretty much decided that Jared Allen was a turd right there. If our guys never retaliate then it just means our QB's have a big ol' bulls eye on them and it ain't part of the logo.

We need to play a lot meaner. We need someone who is willing to get a little dirty at times. We've all heard about this blocking system and how other teams hate it because they get hurt playing against it. When is that going to happen? I think I'm ready to see some of that.

Hardcore Texan likes this.
  5. Honoring Earl 34

Honoring Earl 34 Hey Koolaid

Last year when Florence popped him in the chin , a guy called Kubiak's show and asked why we didn't get hem back and doesn't that make us soft . Kubiak replied ... they didn't teach that kind of football . Think of what would happen if Brady , Manning , Big Ben or any other team who's QB took those types of shots .

In the old (1970 )Raiders and Chiefs games Ben Davidson would squish Len Dawson . Buck Buchanon would kill Daryl lomonica and then George Blanda would come in and win the game .

6. GNTLEWOLF

GNTLEWOLF All Pro

You are absolutely right!. I get so tired of this constant whining like no other QB in the league gets hit like this. Defensive players are after every QB in exactly the same way. Manning, Favre, Brady, They all have learned how to sidestep, get rid of the ball quickly, or take the hit and keep on playing. The game is football, not tea and crumpets. It is not just our sweet little Schaubby that gets picked on all the time by those big mean bad bullies on defense...whine, whine, whine, excuse, excuse, excuse. Geez... man up!

7. Honoring Earl 34

Honoring Earl 34 Hey Koolaid

http://sports.aol.com/story/_a/bbdp/a-generation-of-excessive-celebration/172583?feeddeeplinkNum=0

Last edited: Nov 3, 2008
  8. Silver Oak

Silver Oak Hall of Fame

Thanks for posting this Dexman as I'm glad to know I'm not the only angry one out here!

I said it last year after the Florence hit. We should have come back the next time on defense and leveled someone on their team...Ferotte, AD, or Allen with our offense out there.

I toe the team line on everything that McNair, Smith, and Kubiak give us, but it's a tough game and if a team doesn't show backbone to protect their own, there isn't much hope of playoff caliber football IMO.

9. texasguy346

texasguy346 Mod Squad

I'm with you on that one. Allen should've found himself on the receiving end of a few crack back blocks after that cheapshot. This is why we need a mean SOB or two on our OL, and it seems like we're missing that element.

10. TexansFanatic

TexansFanatic Extremist

Excellent post.

I respect Bob McNair and I completely understand why he is trying to put together a class organization without the likes of a Terrell Owens or a PacMan Jones. I have no quarrel with that.

But when you go out of your way to get "good guys" on your team, you run the risk of getting guys who are so clean cut that they lack a mean streak. Football is all about the mean streak. Show me a championship team and I'll show you a team with some headhunters on both sides of the ball. I don't see many guys like that on this team or in this organization. That needs to change.

11. Texans_Chick

Texans_Chick Utopian Dreamer

Here is the cheap shot Jared Allen video. Watch it while you can before the NFL pulls the video. Please please please leave comments to make it a bigger, more searchable story. If this had happened to a QB from a more high profile franchise, the real media would be all over it.

FanHouse: Did Jared Allen Cheap Shot Matt Schaub

The slo mo part is scary. It shows how badly the line got destroyed. It was amazing that Schaub got the ball off and had a completion. And it also shows how cheap that hit was.

Please leave a comment. Don't have to leave a real email and even if you did, they don't do anything with them. Just like the offensive line needs to make a fuss, so do Texan fans.

BTW, shortly after that play, Jared Allen got his shoulder hurt some after he was driven to the ground by one of the Olinemen.

12. texasguy346

texasguy346 Mod Squad

That was Briesel who dove on top of him during a running play. That should've happened more often.

13. TheIronDuke

TheIronDuke Hall of Fame

Sometimes the Texans remind me of the Astros where we'd be getting beaned and our pitchers wouldn't do anything about it. I guess I'm just used to watching my team get cheap-shotted without any consequence. The city of Houston hasn't had someone with any balls on any sports team for a long long time.

FWIW, I thought Allen was playing very dirty and from listening to Kubes this afternoon he turned in 3 plays to the NFL for possible infractions. Doubt anything will come of it but whatever.

14. Texans_Chick

Texans_Chick Utopian Dreamer

Good. Let's make a fuss about this. Please, I ask you to leave comments on my blog post on this subject to make it more searchable. We need some righteous indignation so that the NFL cares about this some.

I know that some of my FH posts get league attention because I've been contacted about some of my opinion pieces by league spokesmen types. Be heard.

GlassHalfFull likes this.
  15. Bob McNair

Bob McNair Veteran

Getting a little shoulder tweaky - that is not getting even. Jared Allen and Adrian Peterson both having to hire a CSI crew to find the part of their leg that used to be below their knee - that would be getting even.

I was under the misapprehension that hitting a QB in the knees was a 15 yard penalty. That's about 75 yards in penalties Minnesota got away with in the first half. And I am calling bullcrap on those who are saying other QBs have their knees destroyed (by unpenalized cheapshots) or take a shot like Florence did to Schaub's head and stay in the game. If you go at Big Ben's or Peyton's knees, that's a 15 yard penalty. And you are probably riding a cart off the field after the next play.

The problem with "complain to the league"... OK, maybe they fine Allen or even suspend him. Does that bring our injured player back? The league needs to punish the Vikings AND compensate the Texans. Such as giving the Texans the Vikings next two second round draft picks...

16. texanhead08

texanhead08 Hall of Fame

I was screaming last year it was a friggin joke Haynesworth wasn't fined and/or suspended for the helmet to helmet in the game at Reliant. Then yesterday that crap happens, why aren't the Texans sending these tapes to the league and protesting what happened. If one of our guys did something like this they would be ejected on the spot.

17. Wolf

Wolf 100% Texan

I think it is one of those things ... schaub hit in the knee .. we will see what happens... if it was brees or favre... (big names) ..all hell breaks lose because people come to see those guys play and NFL takes notice.. we will see if NFL takes notice on Schaub

18. GlassHalfFull

GlassHalfFull Subscribed Contributor

I added my :twocents:. I am Casey (my initials) over there.

Texans_Chick likes this.
  19. YellerLotYeller

YellerLotYeller nice marmot

Rick Smith needs to take notes from Daryl Morey, and get someone to protect our franchise player.

20. Norg

Norg Hall of Fame

Football is a physical sport cant take the heat get out of the kitchen

Drew Brees takes hits he stays pretty healthy

Matt Hasselbeck played healthy for many years

Byron Leftwich has seemed to stay healthy over the years

Jason Campbell was sacked like 6 times today hes still healthy and has been active for along time