Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Scout.com 1/26 mock

drewmar74

disgruntled
Interesting draft board but nothing too surprising. The Mendenhall bandwagon will like it, though....

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/7716630/First-round-mock-draft:-Long-a-good-fit-in-Miami

18. Texans

Rashard Mendenhall RB 5-11 215 Illinois Junior

The Texans were one of 12 teams that finished the season averaging less than 100 yards per game, and for Houston to compete in the AFC South they have to have an effective rushing attack. Illinois star Rashard Mendenhall has the elusiveness and strength that the Texans' offense needs.

So ....you believe Phillips can play corner for us do you ?

Clady is going to slide twelve slots ?

Mckelvin will slide five ?

I'm prety much sold on Cousins as the third round canidate. No one besides us is desperate enough to want him and his sumo wrestler stance besides us that early...which means they get to choose to bang the CB or the Rb with the eighteen. Or move down.

I'm prety much sold on Cousins as the third round canidate. No one besides us is desperate enough to want him and his sumo wrestler stance besides us that early...which means they get to choose to bang the CB or the Rb with the eighteen. Or move down.

just that if the Texans select Mendenhall, Clady, McKelvin & Phillips are off the board or Smith is unable to trade down.

Texans should still be able to add a starter with the 3rd pick. lets assume the Texans go with a cb in the 1st, need over rides bpa. once again that will be a matter of opinion, the arguement will be made however that the upside supports the pick, example would be Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie. 3rd rd. should fill another need over bpa, but again you can make the arguement the upside & value added to the team warrents the selection, example Matt Forte, RB Tulane.

4th rd. they add another steal/value pick like Bennett/Daniels to develop into a starter, this is where Cousins could fit in.

Nooo, now that "the herd" has us mocked at picking Mendenhall we won't! DAMN YOU.

I liked mendenhall this is a bummer.

i liked watching rogers-cromartie play yesterday.. gonna be a very good player

Looked good on the field and I believe won MVP. Deion likes the guy and is working out with him and tutoring him, which is invaluable but him getting dinged in an all-star game didn't score a lot of points with me. He may be more of a project than some people think.

I am kinda anxious to see if Ellis and Connor climb up some boards due to their strong showings during Senior Bowl week. Connor looks like he could be something special, and Ellis dominated even whilst being double teamed.

If Connor was there at #18 the Texans would have to think hard about drafting the guy. Having Connor as the MLB and letting Ryans play his college position on the outside, it would be just incredible. Connor is that good that the Texans would have to think long and hard before passing on him at #18 even with all the holes on our team. Just insane value at #18.

If Connor was there at #18 the Texans would have to think hard about drafting the guy. Having Connor as the MLB and letting Ryans play his college position on the outside, it would be just incredible. Connor is that good that the Texans would have to think long and hard before passing on him at #18 even with all the holes on our team. Just insane value at #18.

if the Texans passed on Willis they also pass on Connor. DeMeco is going to the Pro Bowl as starting MLB & will remain MLB for the Texans long as :texan: Connor would be the one to move outside :shades:

if the Texans passed on Willis they also pass on Connor. DeMeco is going to the Pro Bowl as starting MLB & will remain MLB for the Texans long as :texan: Connor would be the one to move outside :shades:

to each his own. i would prefer having guys play the position they played in college. its all hypothetical anyway.

give me Phillips and I will take a chance on a RB in the 3rd round or so, unless someone feels CC Brown, or Demps or Glenn Earl etc etc is going to be rejuvinated with the Ray Rhodes hiring ...

I want a safety that can lay some smack down on those receivers going over the middle and or cover some ground to help our corners out in the passing game

Not that I don't want a RB (which we need) but I think we can still get one without going 1st round.. and if we do go RB in first round I am ok too

I feel there is a bigger drop off in talent the safety position in round 1 -3 (if we went that way) than RB from round 1- 3

to each his own. i would prefer having guys play the position they played in college. its all hypothetical anyway.

Why?--college coaches never make mistakes? Or maybe he played OLB out of necessity because the guy at MLB was incapable of playing OLB. Dude has proven for two years in the NFL that he is one of the top NFL MLB's--actually voted as the best AFC MLB. You don't jack with that kind of success over college position. Reggie Bush was a RB in college--should they keep him there as well?

Connor played MLB as a senior, but on the outside his soph and junior years. Like Ryans, Connor is deemed capable of playing either position.

I have wanted the Texans to draft a "franchise" type running back with their first pick (or at least 2nd, e.g. Clinton Portis) since 2002. Every year I get excited about this being the year they finally give me my star RB and every year I get disappointed.

Having said all that: I'm 100% positive the Texans will not take a RB in the 1st round and this is the first year of their existence I won't be disappointed when they don't. This is an extremely deep draft for RB's. We can afford to wait until Round 3 at the earliest to get the RB. CB is more important. LT is more important.

Round 1 won't be Mendenhall.

I have wanted the Texans to draft a "franchise" type running back with their first pick (or at least 2nd, e.g. Clinton Portis) since 2002. Every year I get excited about this being the year they finally give me my star RB and every year I get disappointed.

Having said all that: I'm 100% positive the Texans will not take a RB in the 1st round and this is the first year of their existence I won't be disappointed when they don't. This is an extremely deep draft for RB's. We can afford to wait until Round 3 at the earliest to get the RB. CB is more important. LT is more important.

Sssoooo, your doing the old psyche job this year. Hope it works out for ya.

True. IF they moved him for anyone else, I will be very unhappy. Thats the only player I wanted over Okoye last year.

A productive offensive covers a lot of holes on the Defense so I agree with the mendenhall choice but if we go Rogers - Cromartie or Leodis Mckelvin in round one and go running back in the 2nd round if we trade back or get one in the 3rd round.

slide? Has their been a pre draft order like the preseason NCAA top 20 or something? Once everyone works out and teams get to match physique, mental ability and athletic agility with the game film....then the order will start to sort out.

I think they were set to draft DeShaun Foster but the Panthers took him right before we picked....we ended up with Gaffney. Nobody projected Portis to be a feature back, heck even his college coach (Butch Davis coached him in College and was drafting for the Browns) passed on him...twice.

Connor played MLB as a senior, but on the outside his soph and junior years. Like Ryans, Connor is deemed capable of playing either position.

I would love to get Connor and let him play the strongside.

That would give us so much versatility and it'd give us another playmaker in run and pass defense...

It'd be nice to have he and Demeco on the field in nickel situations too instead of Demeco and Greenwood.

I think they were set to draft DeShaun Foster but the Panthers took him right before we picked....we ended up with Gaffney. Nobody projected Portis to be a feature back, heck even his college coach (Butch Davis coached him in College and was drafting for the Browns) passed on him...twice.

Maybe I'm confused, but didn't the Panthers draft Foster directly AFTER the Gaffney pick?

And I guess the fact that I wanted the Texans to draft Portis proves I'm not an expert since all the experts passed. :gun:

18. Texans

Rashard Mendenhall RB 5-11 215 Illinois Junior
I'd be happy with this pick but given the board, I'd prefer to have Sam Baker out of USC. From what I understand he had a really good Senior Bowl and you know he's played against some of the best competition in the nation at USC.

Maybe I'm confused, but didn't the Panthers draft Foster directly AFTER the Gaffney pick?

And I guess the fact that I wanted the Texans to draft Portis proves I'm not an expert since all the experts passed. :gun:
You are right...perhaps I just wanted Foster and still haven't gotten over it.

:fans:

I think a lot of us are still smarting from those first few drafts.

Jabar Gaffney? Charles Hill? :brickwall:

Tony Hollings? Dave Ragone? :brickwall:

Jason Babin? :brickwall:

Travis Johnson? :brickwall:

And who can forget Phillip Buchanon for a second and third rounder? :brickwall:

I think a lot of us are still smarting from those first few drafts.

Jabar Gaffney? Charles Hill? :brickwall:

Tony Hollings? Dave Ragone? :brickwall:

Jason Babin? :brickwall:

Travis Johnson? :brickwall:

And who can forget Phillip Buchanon for a second and third rounder? :brickwall:

dude what happen'ed you reached your Smile limit lol:

We were trading up to get Deangelo Williams two years ago before Buffalo outbid us and took McCargo. We had to settle for Demeco Ryans and Eric Winston instead.

We were trading up to get Deangelo Williams two years ago before Buffalo outbid us and took McCargo. We had to settle for Demeco Ryans and Eric Winston instead.

I heard we were poised to take Ted Ginn jr with our pick but Miami beat us to the punch.

Do we draft well when our first choices are already off the board?

Back