Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Schrager Mock 1.0

TheRealJoker

Hall of Fame
I’d love to get Deforest Buckner from the Colts in a trade. But I highly doubt the Colts send their best defensive player to a division rival.

Texans picks:

1.4 Tyree Wilson

1.12 Will Levis

I’d be happy with that haul day one with Buckner. Defense is instantly credible against any offense in the league.

Intra-division trades are pretty unusual, especially when they involve such high Draft picks and/or a QB who is potentially a franchise QB, so I'm skeptical this deal could actually happen but then I suppose anyway much of this mock Draft stuff is pure fantasy.

Peter Schrager is not a very serious reporter. This mock is maybe the dumbest I've seen on a major site.
This first one is just a list of far-fetched possibilities. He releases a 2nd the morning of the draft and he is pretty dialed in.

This first one is just a list of far-fetched possibilities. He releases a 2nd the morning of the draft and he is pretty dialed in.
A lot of people knew the Texans were in on Stingley at this point last year. I had Stingley to the Texans in my last mock, and I'm as far from dialed in as anyone can be.

A lot of people knew the Texans were in on Stingley at this point last year. I had Stingley to the Texans in my last mock, and I'm as far from dialed in as anyone can be.
touche'

I’d love to get Deforest Buckner from the Colts in a trade. But I highly doubt the Colts send their best defensive player to a division rival.

Texans picks:

1.4 Tyree Wilson

1.12 Will Levis

I’d be happy with that haul day one with Buckner. Defense is instantly credible against any offense in the league.

Boo....

Will Levis = Zach Mettenberger/Christian Hackenberg. Best case scenario is Kerry Collins for him.

Levis strikes me as a douchebag. I keep seeing Ryan Leaf. I could be wrong. It's not like any of us are in on those interviews, and Demeco has a ton of goodwill in his bank, but he'll spend a significant amount of that goodwill on Levis imho. If it's at 33, I could be talked into it as a flyer outside the 1st rd, but I don't really want him at 12, and definitely no at 2. I'd rather take a chance with Hooker although I do think Levis has more upside. Just at a bigger risk imho.

But if they don't like CJ and we're swinging for the fences and damning the torpedos as opposed to a lower ceiling/higher floor guy like CJ....

Then give me Mr. Richardson. He's got every tool that Levis does, only better and with a higher ceiling. Both have bust potential, but if that's the way we are going, give me the higher-ceiling guy that isn't a douche rocket.

Back