Schaubb? Is he lazy?

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by silvrhand, Sep 28, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. silvrhand

silvrhand Site Contributor

This question came up this week as we were watching Schaubb who looks fraile in comparision to other QB's in the league? Does he even workout/lift weights? I mean he looks fraile as hell and he doesn't seem to even have any muscle definition at all?

What does he do in the offseason? Don't get me wrong but he should at least look like he's in shape. I could be completely off base here so flame away if I am but to me from looking from the outside it's like he doesn't do any lifting to help improve his strength and conditioning.

2. gtexan02

gtexan02 Working?

Not every NFL player looks like a linebacker or wide receiver. Schaub is perfectly in shape in my opinion. You can't play a full NFL game and not be in shape

3. Texan JBZ

Texan JBZ Da Sip's Finest

What?!? Lazy? Does he play defense? Schaub has been amazing so far this season. Who cares what the guy looks like. He gets the job done and gets points on the board.

4. HOU-TEX

HOU-TEX Ah, Football!

:rolleyes: After the crap we've seen by our defense the past 3 weeks you come up with this BS?

Schaub' 6'5" 235-240. That's not exactly frail

5. IlliniJen

IlliniJen Hall of Fame

If frail = lazy, then Peyton Manning must be the biggest slacker in the NFL. That dude should put more time in at the gym so he wouldn't suck so much at QB.

keyser likes this.
  6. silvrhand

3 points in the second half isn't exactly stellar, don't get me wrong it's not 100% his fault, but we surely didn't show up in the second half on offense either against a horrible defense.

Like I said I could be completely wrong but he doesn't shake off sacks hardly at all, the one where he was brought down by a one arm sack is what brought up the question.

7. Thorn

Thorn Dirty Old Man

Of course Schaub is lazy, otherwise we'd be scoring 60 points a game and be 3-0 right now. What a slacker. :joker:

8. Texan JBZ

Texan JBZ Da Sip's Finest

The Texans offense barely had the ball in the second half to get anything going. And what QB in the NFL is good at shaking off sacks. Peyton sucks at it. I'll put it this way on Schaub. When the game was on the line late in the 4th, he stepped up and made every play possible in order to give his team a chance to win. That's all you can ask out of the guy with a defense as horrible as the Texans.

9. Hervoyel

Hervoyel The Right Track

I think a lot of this comes from his body language and facial expressions during the game. He really did "look" to the casual observer like he was borderline disinterested yesterday. I don't think it means anything. It's just his usual "Droopy Dog" look. The guy looks like he looks. Remember that "Mister Mittens" looked like the dashing, muscular franchise QB and he couldn't come close to matching up to Schaub in doing the job. I want a QB, not just somebody who plays one on TV.

10. nero THE zero

nero THE zero Hall of Fame

I don't know, Schaub looked pretty damn pissed to me after that abomination at the goal line.

I don't understand where the criticism of Schaub is coming from. The guy has played great and is getting fire both from radio callers and posters here on the message board; it's confounding, really. I guess it's just the nature of being a QB, but on a list of 25 problems Schaub is 25th.

11. silvrhand

I agree, I'm still not 100% convinced Schaub is the future QB for this team, he's the best we have had yes, but that's not saying much either.
    My concerns on his appearence are about his health and strength.

- being able to shake off a defender once in a while
    - being able to stay healthy.

Working out and gaining some strength drastically helps in these scenarios and it just doesn't look like he does any strength conditioning at all.

Like I said I could be completely wrong, but this is why I asked the question. IMHO, this is part of what is wrong with this team, it's not GOOD enough to be good, but to find a way to continue to IMPROVE your game. We all know he's injury prone but from the outside it looks as if he's not taking "ANY STEPS" to help reduce it.

Again I could be completely wrong, so this is the reason I asked the question.

12. Vinny

Vinny shiny happy fan Staff Member

too many dumb threads and I'm just getting started.

13. Mr teX

Mr teX Hall of Fame

well of course he's not the future...especially if the defense keeps playing like they are; kubes will be gone & his guy will eventually be gone too. Hell i don't think Kubes even thinks he's the guy of the future, he keeps wasting draft picks & trading for qbs.

14. silvrhand

Still though people are attacking the question instead of answering it right? I didn't say Schaubb played like )*@$)(*@$, I worded the question wrong which brought out the dogs after a bad game, which is my bad.

It's a proven fact that a good strength and conditioning program will help fend of injuries and make you a better athlete. We all know Schaub needs to improve his ability to fend of defenders a bit more and improve his history of injuries.

What's wrong with asking him to go through a strength and conditioning program? From looking at him it just doesn't look like he does much on that and I asked the question poorly, mainly cause I feel like crap today.

I am still curious if anyone has any insight though.

15. Vinny

just learn to use Google and see for yourself. Most of us know how hard he worked and what he did.

16. Hervoyel

Hervoyel The Right Track

Like I said, it's a facial expression/body language thing. He's a tall lanky guy and he's not going to get all "Mr Universe" no matter how much time he spends in the weight room I don't think. He's done the work and it just doesn't translate to "beach muscles" on this guy. Sorry folks.

17. silvrhand

18. GP

GP Go Texans!

LOL. Your avatar is brutal, Herv.

(quietly weeping...)

19. GP

GP Go Texans!

BTW, my sig didn't come come down with the win vs. Titans.

It stays up until this team is fixed.

20. Vinny

we have a search function here also....everything is talked about in 'real time' and that is one of the benefits of a message board...you can easily research previously talked about conversations. Brilliant!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.