Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Schaub to AJ for first probowl touchdown/Schaub pro-bowl MVP

It's the pro bowl and kind of a joke but really nice to see Texans playing big on a big stage. Congrats to Matt, Mario, DeMeco and AJ.

I think the PB isn't that serious to be comparing players...honestly. I mean no one is upset that Ware sacked Schaub too.

But the secondary stuff is weak. Jenkins is young and will be a stud. Newman sucks to start with.

I agree fully with what you and I both said. :)

They should make the Super Bowl winner play the Pro Bowl winning team.

And everybody goes at 100%.

That'll show Peyton Manning who is boss. :evil:

So, I was watching ESPN's scroll thing, and the Pro Bowl stats were scrolling. It said Vince Young was on the Texans. ;)

Which group of Texans was he on? And why wasn't it censored?

Bwaa-ha-ha!

You gotta' admit that's funny right there, I don't care who ya' are....:spit:

Not only that, it doesn't mention the MVP.

Of course not. Because Peyton Manning wasn't the MVP.

I guess MVP stands for Most Valuable Peyton (or Payton [Sean Payton] since he's had two NFC title games under his belt in four years).

Glad the Texans took over the national spotlight for once.

Great showing from our Texans!!!
:fans:

Congrats Matt, the season can't come soon enough!

What matters is that Schaub and Vince were finally compared to each other under equal conditions, on the same team, and produced dramatically different numbers. That's important to those of us who still have to deal with VY fanboys who still don't get it.

And there was even a dismal Tony Romo performance as an added bonus.

Best Pro Bowl ever.

What matters is that Schaub and Vince were finally compared to each other under equal conditions, on the same team, and produced dramatically different numbers. That's important to those of us who still have to deal with VY fanboys who still don't get it.

Best Pro Bowl ever.

Have to agree. Of course it was the only Pro-Bowl I have watched in almost forever.

Matt had a great night, Mario had 2 sacks, AJ a TD, and Demeco had several tackles. Vince and Tony were - umm - mediocre at best.

Grats to Matt for MVP.

Best Pro Bowl ever.

He was 13 of 18 (8 of 9 the first drive) for 154 yards. He had the one int. Hardly dismal or close to dismal. People do realize that this was the NBA all-star game....1/4 serious, make sure no one got hurt. I don't care if my faves lit it up, as long as there were no injuries. People need to stop concentrating on certain things.

Congrats to Schaub!

I'm hoping we are starting to see a changing of the guard. After Schaub's MVP performance last night maybe he's earned future pro bowl appearances as long as he continues to be as productive as he's been over the last two seasons.

LOL, they had to bring Schaub back in during the 4th to win the game because, well the other two QB's names wer David Garrard and Vince Younglol:

Did anyone else feel like the NFC Olinemen and QBs were getting pissed at Mario for getting to the QB so much? Or was it just me? It was like there was an agreement between the two lines to just patty-cake it, but every once in a while Mario would just make a move and get to the QB. It was pretty funny.

The fellas looked good yesterday, but it was the Pro Bowl. I've played some backyard games that were rougher than that.

*sigh* Football season is coming to an end.....:cry2:

Did anyone else feel like the NFC Olinemen and QBs were getting pissed at Mario for getting to the QB so much? Or was it just me? It was like there was an agreement between the two lines to just patty-cake it, but every once in a while Mario would just make a move and get to the QB. It was pretty funny.

The fellas looked good yesterday, but it was the Pro Bowl. I've played some backyard games that were rougher than that.

Exactly...the game overall reminded me of the D they play in NBA All-Star games...non-existent. Did you see the pickoff return that McNabb threw that got called back. No one was going to tackle the defensive player. It was like play stopped.

I didn't pay close enough attention to the OL. But early in the game Mario had the RT beat so bad and could have leveled Rodgers but out of respect ran by him. I think it was more along the line he was competing (probably not even 100%) and just took the shot when he felt like it. He looked like a man among boys. He even had the great hit on Romo forcing the INT.

I like that this is supposed to be a lighthearted fun offensive game. The rules are skewed in the Offense's favor anyways. But I don't think Mario was out of line at all. I loved hearing Chad Ochocinco and several other players laughing and thanking the defense for not KILLING them when they could have. That one by the goalline when the Arizona S could have decapitated 85 was great.

I mean read this article and it is like they were practicing..this is why guys like the free vacation to Hawaii

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/recap?gameId=300131031

"It's different. It was like 7 on 7," NFC linebacker Brian Orakpo said. "Everybody came out here trying not to get hurt and give the fans a good show"

The stadium was half empty by the third quarter, perhaps partly because of the rain and temperatures in the 60s. It was sunny and 82 in Honolulu at game time.

Did the weather dampen the players' enthusiasm for Miami?

"It's beautiful. It's paradise," NFC receiver Steve Smith said. "Too bad it's not Hawaii."

Nearly 40 percent of the players originally selected for the game didn't play. One of the AFC replacements, David Garrard, threw for 183 yards, including a 48-yard touchdown to Vincent Jackson.

"It's so awesome," Garrard said. "One of my goals coming into the game was to just be relevant and show all the people who said, `What is he doing in there? The Pro Bowl has dropped off a few pegs,' that I do belong."

"I'm just out here having a great time," Jackson said. "And at the same time I'm trying to put out a little effort."

There were plenty of other big plays. Josh Cribbs caught a punt at the goal line and returned it 65 yards. A penalty negated LaMarr Woodley's 64-interception return for a touchdown.

"I slowed up to get a little camera time," Woodley said.

But there were no complaints from Fletcher's teammate on defense, first-time Pro Bowler Justin Smith of the 49ers.

"The pace is nice," Smith said. "You don't have to worry about working too hard."

On Mario's first sack of Romo I thought the Giants' OL that Mario beat looked pretty pissed. For starters it looked as if Mario started off at the snap like he was only going to give half effort, but then he did a quick move and sacked Romo a little harder than I think he intended to because Romo said that Mario asked "Are you alright?" after the sack. To be fair that was towards the end of the game and that's when both teams started trying to compete a little more to earn the winners game checks.

Its all offset by Mario passing up a sack or two, and his motor wasnt going the entire time. I saw plenty of other guys gearing up on pass rush while Mario took it easy.

The players know its an offensive show. That's perfectly evidenced when they force the defense to run a 4-3 the entire time. You don't want Dumervil, Woodley, Orakpo, etc. covering TEs and WRs the whole game. They were out of position (although they still performed well, see INT return).

Revis could have saved a TD but what's the point of diving for the tackle and risking injury? Also, in a "meaningless" game... let a first time pro bowler get the TD that he'll remember forever vs. getting stopped on the 4 yard line. Its more fun for the fans to see a big TD pass than just a big play get stopped.

Sure the stadium emptied out towards the end, which is a shame bc thats the money time when the players start playing harder. With that said there was probably still the same amount of people in the stadium as there would have been in hawaii. People empty out for a number reasons, the #1 being traffic! Sun Life Stadium holds 50% more people than Aloha Stadium.

Sure the players would rather go to Hawaii, I would too! But the NFL made tons more money this year than any other year and that's what its all about right? :cool::thinking:

Back