Schaub: Texans Still Definitely Eyeing Super Bowl

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by CloakNNNdagger, Apr 5, 2013.

1. CloakNNNdagger

CloakNNNdagger Site Contributor

Schaub, himself, still remains the greatest question mark as to the road to the Super Bowl.

2. Fili

Fili All Pro

It is him trying to answer the question.

3. tru80texan

tru80texan Veteran

Could not agree more!

The last quote by Schaub bothers me the most concerning Lechler & playing it safe to depend on the punter & defense...as if he & Kubiak haven't already resorted to that in the past. I truly did appreciate the signing of Lechler, but this looks as if it could become yet another crutch, the other being the defense of course, for the offense to shut it down & go conservative once they get a 10pt lead. Truly disappointing that that thought is already crossing Schaub's mind imo.

4. ArlingtonTexan

ArlingtonTexan Moderator Staff Member

When the Texans got the early lead and played downhill i.e. run the football, pass off the run and let the defense rush the passer, as ugly and frankly boring as that stuff was it was the Texans at its best.

We really don't want the ball in schuab hands in high leverage situations, so playing that way is the best option for 2013, especially since any dynamic playerrs will be coming from the draft and relying on rookies is not a high percentage gamble.

5. tru80texan

tru80texan Veteran

I understand preserving a lead, but just because its a lead doesn't mean it will hold up & you should shutdown the engine & coast on offense as it puts added pressure on the ST's & defense. The Broncos game was a classic example of a lead & game almost lost because of the offense going to its pee wee football offensive playbook of run,run,pass,punt last season & the New Orleans game the year before was another example in which the Texans ended up losing due to the offense going cold. I'm not for running up scores & possibly getting players hurt, but 10pt leads normally are not secure leads & unfortunately thats when kubiak & schaub tend to shut it down & coast as the rest of the team has to pick up the slack due to multiple 3 & outs courtesy of the pee wee football playbook. The fact that Schaub is considering his conservative options of playing it safe in hopes of allowing the newly acquired punter to pin the opposition deep as opposed to offering his thoughts on what he & the offense need to do to avoid another slump is what is discouraging imo.

Talk about training & getting the offense going consistently, not your punter & how you can be conservative & throw the ball away. Hate to break it to you, but that talk doesn't build or rebuild the fans confidence in Schaub imo. That type of playing is what got people questioning Schaub's ability in the 1st place. Time will tell, but the trust in Schaub is thin & throwing it out of bounds to hand it over to the punter & defense won't change many minds if it happens in key situations in key games.

6. drs23

drs23 Veteran

No more VIP Suite so back to the recliner
    Allrighty then. Sounds exactly like some Gary Ball on the horizon! :kitten:

7. CloakNNNdagger

CloakNNNdagger Site Contributor

Looks like we're trying to make up for a very bad foot with a very good foot hoping to get a leg up on the competition.:kitten:

8. EllisUnit

EllisUnit Serving Koolaid

When we first got Schaub he had pretty good arm strength, and descent pocet presence.

At the time we got him he was def one of the best "potential" QBs out there. Now his arm strength has greatly diminished, and he has NO pocket presence.

But i'm sure J E T nation would still like to have Schaub over that they have now !!! I mean our QB sitiuation could be way worse than it is, sort of like the jets situation now. :tiphat:

9. Yankee_In_TX

Yankee_In_TX Dance Lindsay!