Schaub takes over Texans team looking for first winning season

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by Double Barrel, Jul 24, 2007.

1. Double Barrel

Double Barrel Modified Simian

Source / Rest of story

It's nothing that we haven't already read before, but it's still nice to see some relatively pos press from an AP writer in a national newspaper like USA Today.

2. DBCooper

DBCooper Outlaw

I find it interesting that in all the "expert" analysis of the offseason, Schaub would be great in Atlanta and Green Bay got worse for losing Green.

But the Texans are hanging their hopes on an unproven QB and an over-the-hill RB.

The way I see it, Houston got better at both positions. Hopefully much better.

Double Barrel likes this.
  3. Rampage

Rampage Rookie

I'm not sold on Schaub, he better be worth the #8 in the draft, and 2 second rounders who could have used to grab a guy like LaMarr Woodly or Justin Blalock.

4. The Pencil Neck

The Pencil Neck Subscribed Contributor

What? That's not what we traded for him. We didn't give up a first rounder and 2 second rounders. We traded the 8th for the 10th in the first round and those 2 second rounders AND we got the guy at 10 that we probably would have picked at 8. So, we got the same guy only cheaper. That's basically like we just traded 2 2nd rounders for this guy.

Pointwise, we gave up what amounts to a #20-#21 pick for him. He should be ready to play and most rookie QBs aren't.

Shaft75 likes this.
  5. Double Barrel

Double Barrel Modified Simian

yep, good point! :howdy:

I believe that Schaub and Green are better than what we had before, so I see them both as default upgrades. Obviously, how good they will be remains to be seen, and we can only speculate at this point. But our HC now has a QB that he chose to run the offense, and he speaks highly of Schaub. I respect Kubiak's opinion, so I see the positives instead of being negative on the unknowns.

6. Mike Kerns

Mike Kerns LYSB Podcast

I know its embarassing to admit through this whole Michael Vick fiasco, but as a former Atlantan, I have followed the Falcons since the Steve Bartkowski & Gerald Riggs days. Even when Vicks hype was through the roof, plenty of us were touting for Matt Schaub. People can throw stats & the fact that he has only played two games all they want. The guy is a leader and I am convinced everyone here will be satisfied with him. :texflag:

Double Barrel likes this.
  7. Rampage

Rampage Rookie

Everyone calls on the back-up when the starter starts to stink it up. The last Schaub game in my memory was Week 17, in Lincoln Financial Field. Schaub vs. 2nd and 3rd string Eagle Defenders and getting his ass destroyed, picks, sacks horrible passes, it was a HORRIBLE try-out.

The second I saw that game end, I prayed we didn't make a move for Schaub. He better prove me wrong, he better prove me DAMN wrong.

8. The Pencil Neck

The Pencil Neck Subscribed Contributor

Let's see, he went 15/21 for 175 yards in less than a half of play. Hey, that's more than Carr's average for a full game. He threw a TD and a pick and was sacked twice. One of those sacks was when he stumbled pulling out of center and fell down. If I remember correctly, he was playing from behind when the Eagles knew he was going to be throwing.

He came in for Vick who had gone 8-14 for 81 yards and a TD and had been sacked 3x.

IIRC, the Eagles were playing for a playoff spot.

He looks a helluva lot better than Carr.

9. real

real Guest

LOL....

I don't even have the strength to argue...:shades:

10. Specnatz

Specnatz Site Contributor

No point in arguing. You would make more headway arguing with a pile of rocks. A dead pile of rocks.

11. TexanAddict

TexanAddict Texan 'til I Die

Looks like we have our first Schaub hater and he has yet to play a down for us.

12. Rampage

Rampage Rookie

Sorry, but until this guy steps on the field, people need to stop saying he's good. Because he has been garbage every times he's played for the Falcons.

13. Pantherstang84

Pantherstang84 @rolisrgti06

Your wrong and over generalizing at the same time. Just like my wife. I forget to take out the garbage one time and she says I never take out the garbage. Yes. I'm saying your being less than truthful.

14. Rampage

Rampage Rookie

Prove me wrong. Let's see kitty cat.

15. Specnatz

Specnatz Site Contributor

Atlanta Passing
    C/ATT YDS TD INT
    Schaub 18/34 298 3 0

Yep every time he has been on the field he has been terrible.

16. Rampage

Rampage Rookie

Was that his game against a Patriots secondary that was among the worst in the NFL? Was that also the game that Vick was scheduled to start and at the last minute Schaub was thrown into the line-up without the Pats having any substantial tape on him or game planned for him?

17. Pantherstang84

Well Canuck. If I had a way to post his entire starts against the Sea Chickens and the Patriots on You Tube, you would have egg on your face.

But here is a snippet anyway...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MMd3FdudDH0

18. Pantherstang84

You're not trying to crawfish are you Canuck? The man proves you wrong and now your trying to dispell his proof. Come on. The crow is fine. Eat up!

The fact of the matter is. You said "every times" Matt Schaub has played he stunk up the joint. You have been proven wrong. Eat up.

19. Rampage

Rampage Rookie

Hmm, I'm glad you have a life Mr.Pussycat

20. DBCooper

DBCooper Outlaw

Making friends fast, Rampage.