Schaub: Stand behind him!

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by jswitzer1, Sep 16, 2007.

1. jswitzer1

jswitzer1 Rookie

I am an Atlantan that was laughrd off the call-in radio show two years ago when I recommended on the air to start Schaub over Vick. Put Vick in the slot I had recommended. I am glad Houston has Matty and I am now a Houston fan. But remember this: All QB's will make a bad play or two. What will make you a successful franchise is STAND BEHIND YOUR QB! I promise you will be well rewarded!!!

2. Spled

Spled All Pro

Now they're not laughing in Atlanta, they're crying.

3. JohnsonFan

JohnsonFan All Pro

oh they made one of the biggest mistakes they have ever made by giving us schaub

4. Brando

Brando Site Contributor

The timing was perfect to land Schaub. Thanks Rick and Kubes for pulling the trigger early on that trade(Thanks Mckay also). If not Atlanta still might have Schaub.

5. TheIronDuke

TheIronDuke Hall of Fame

The old regime got fleeced by the Raiders for Pukechanon, we fleeced the hell out of the Falcons for a very good QB. Thank god for a quality GM.

6. GlassHalfFull

GlassHalfFull Subscribed Contributor

Don't forget Atlanta traded Favre also!! Great track record so far. Here's to hoping Schaub outdoes Favre:whip:

7. Lucky

Lucky Moderator

In Schaub We Trust.

Really, I can't believe someone this good was available for trade. Since Petrino was never around Schaub, I guess he can be forgiven for making the deal. Who knew? But, the Bird's GM Rich McKay had seen Schaub over 3 seasons. What a blunder.

8. Marcus

Marcus Ruthless pragmatist

Want to know something really hilarious?

There are still some draftniks around here that still think Smith/Kubiak gave up too much to get him.

lol:

9. DBCooper

DBCooper Outlaw

Probably not anymore.

10. 2BCF

2BCF Hall of Fame

The1ApplePie knew.

I remember he suggested Schaub would be a good replacement for Carr sometime during last season...on the old board. Nice call Apple!

11. The Pencil Neck

The Pencil Neck Hall of Fame

I saw some power rankings this week that were saying that Schaub looked like a back-up QB.

What does a guy gotta do to get some love?

12. TheRealJoker

TheRealJoker Hall of Fame

If Schaub was the qb for a larger market team like the New York Giants we'd get sick of hearing all the love he'd get.

13. buddyboy

buddyboy All Pro

Hate to do this...but it's been two games. Let's not proclaim Shaub our saviour JUST yet. Give him a few more games and we'll see. Even Carr had his days. I'm not saying that I'm NOT pumped that Shaub is doing so well...it's just...we've been screwed before. Cautious optimism for me.

14. False Start

False Start On # 69

Good point buddyboy , I'm being cautiously optimistic . :texflag:

15. kcdoubleeagle

kcdoubleeagle Veteran

It doesn't take more than a few games for me to see that Schaub is ten times the quarterback that David Carr is. He doesn't get happy feet under pressure. He is a bigger, stronger player with a prototype ( not sidearmed ) delivery, and he has the intangibles that Carr never had (confidence, respect from teammates, leadership, etc. ). I believe the Texans hit the jackpot with this guy.....

16. ATX

ATX Hall of Fame

Don't be too cautious man.....In 5 years, the Texans under Carr never put up 34 points, Andre Johnson never had a 75+ yard TD pass, and Carr never could make the same looks Scaub has been able to do. Seriously, how many times during these 2 games have you said to your self "Carr never would have made that throw or seen that guy downfield"? He may not be our savior, but I've seen more in Schaub in 2 games than I saw in Carr in 5 years.

17. RamRod

RamRod Rookie

:toast2: :toast2:

18. False Start

False Start On # 69

I was just listening to the national show on 610 , and a caller from Houston called in and I was like cool we are gonna hear something good . Instead , the guy hated on us . He said that KC is the worst team etc , and that Carolina is pretty much a one dimensional team with Jake to Steve Smith , and that they are a team on the decline . To my surprise both of the host shot right back at him and said they thought the Texans were legit , and that winning is contagious and they are calling them "The Darlings Of The NFL" . Pretty cool IMO , just thought I would pass that on . :texflag:

19. False Start

False Start On # 69

Oh yeah , Dunta is gonna be on here in the next hour , these guys are still giving the Texans love . The one host cant quit talking about them and saying hes jumping on the Texans bandwagon . Its on 610 AM .

20. Twitch-Houston

Twitch-Houston Hall of Fame

Not to mention that it's the first time we've gone 2-0.