Schaub on 790am

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by KJ3, Jun 1, 2007.

1. KJ3

KJ3 Guest

did anybody catch this interview? was there anything of substance? was there anything that wasn't of substance but would still warrant mentioning for those of us who are so football deprived that anything is news?

2. eriadoc

eriadoc Texan-American

I caught the last few minutes of it, and nothing of note was said. He was asked a bunch of questions by Carl Dukes, all of which has been discussed, re-hashed, beaten to death, and then resurrected here on the boards. He's a leader, the offense is going to be better this year, he's excited to be here because the talent level is so high, the offensive line is great, Ahman Green loves to block and pick up blitzers, et al.

*sigh* ...... August needs to arrive soon.

3. Wolfiegrrl

Wolfiegrrl Wonder Woman

Well, it's officially June so.... we are getting closer to August. Don't forget... on the 12th is the NFLN coverage of the Texans Mini Camp. :doot:

4. Double Barrel

Double Barrel Modified Simian

I heard the last part of it, too, where Schaub was talking about protection. I like his interviews, because he really talks about the X's & O's of football.

He said protection goes beyond just the line, and is also the responsibility of the backs, TE, and WRs, as well. More importantly, the QB has the biggest roll, simply because he needs to recognize threats and make adjustments accordingly, and specifically, don't set up the o-line to fail. He added that once protection does break down, the QB's job is to get rid of the ball with intelligent decisions.

All in all, the little that I heard makes me even more confident that MS is going to be a good QB for us. While I'm not certain how much FUN he's having, I am certain that he is dedicated to the game and has a deep understanding and desire to learn as much as he can to translate on the field.

Kaiser Toro likes this.
  5. Honoring Earl 34

Honoring Earl 34 Hey Koolaid

Did you think that he was trying to cover for his guys after some of the things that were said ?

6. Double Barrel

Could be...but I get more of the feeling that he's talking from a leader's perspective of trying to explain the game and the how/why things happen.

Being new to the team, I think he's free from worrying about the past, simply because he's not a part of it. His interviews are great for this football fan, because he gives you insight and straight up football talk. There is nothing about emotional issues or it just being a game. He seems like a QB that really has a focus on winning being all that matters, and the only way to achieve that objective is deep study and hardcore practice. Schaub is all business in the stuff I've heard and read about him.

7. Second Honeymoon

Second Honeymoon Hall of Fame

I love having fun.

Signed,

David Carr

Topher likes this.
  8. real

real Guest

That sounds familar....:gun:

9. badboy

badboy Site Contributor

He must have read the David Carr threads. No, I don't think he has been here long enough to do that.

10. Second Honeymoon

Second Honeymoon Hall of Fame

I always have a soft spot in my heart for emoticon humor :)

11. Specnatz

Specnatz Site Contributor

Can we please the you know who out of one damn thread!!

:fans: :texflag:

12. mexican_texan

mexican_texan Furry Tractors

Is 790 the same as 97.5 FM?

13. Corrosion

Corrosion Idealist

Over the course of the past few seasons I think All of the positions above had as much to do with the break downs in pass protection as did the O-line . When was the last time you saw a Texans reciever break off a route and come back to the ball to give the QB a target ? How many times did the backs miss blitz assignments ? How many times did the QB sack himself (UGH !)?

14. alphajoker

alphajoker Hall of Fame

The one stat I would love to see...how many times did the QB sack himself by running out of bounds behind the line of scrimmage?

15. Double Barrel

No doubt, but at least this time I was hearing it from our QB and not the forum. :victory:

Yep, and that's on coaching, IMO. I think Kubiak's plan of protecting the QB makes it the responsibility of the entire offense and not just the line.

I think the addition of Green, a self professed blitz defender, will have a great effect on the rest of our young RBs. Hopefully his work ethic and attention to picking up the blitz rubs off on everyone else.

16. False Start

False Start On # 69

The interview is on 790 under the podcast section . Its under Morning show .

17. ATX

ATX Hall of Fame

Ha ha, classic David Carr hater.....gotta love your commitment man.

18. real

real Guest

It's 790 AM:cowboy1:

I don't think they're the same...

19. mexican_texan

mexican_texan Furry Tractors

They're both ESPN stations.

20. TexanSam

TexanSam Hall of Fame

790 was an ESPN station until early this year I believe. That's why John Lopez and Ted DeLuca have their own show now. I think ESPN opted out of the station because 790 decided to have more local programming. They have some Fox Sports Radio shows now, but it's all local from 6 AM-7 PM during the week. 97.5 has one local show (Jorge Vargas and Jerome Solomon) and everything else is an ESPN syndicated radio show I believe. So they are seperate stations.