Schaub might earn nod as Pro Bowler

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by MojoMan, Oct 3, 2009.

1. MojoMan

MojoMan Hall of Fame

John McClain weighs in:

He has been playing better after the first week. However, a pro-bowl selection still seems like a bit if a stretch to me.

2. Wolf

Wolf 100% Texan

time will tell, now if only the run game would come around so he doesn't keep taking hits

3. b0ng

b0ng Ooops

It's entirely too early and Schaub needs to play 16 games to even be mentioned.

His stats for the first 3 games are definitely noteworthy (Jets game notwithstanding). I still don't know if he's the guy for the longterm but this season has been drastically better in comparison to the first 3 games of last season.

4. TheRealJoker

TheRealJoker Hall of Fame

I'd rather have a playoff QB than a pro bowl QB if we get to choose. Stats dont mean much if we have another mediocre season. The whole team needs to step up and win games, that includes Schaub...

5. BrandonLwowski

BrandonLwowski Veteran

If Schaub stays healthy there is no doubt he is a pro-bowler...ive always said since the beggining that if schaub can stay healthy he is the top 5 quarterback in the nfl

6. Texans_Chick

Texans_Chick Utopian Dreamer

The only way that McClain could jinx Schaub any harder is to put together a homage song called Big Bad Schaub even before he finishes his first season.

Oh wait, he already did that.

:voodoo::voodoo::voodoo:

BattleRedToro likes this.
  7. powerfuldragon

powerfuldragon g'mornin to you

good lord that song was an abomination. almost worse than hearing him wheezing into the microphone whenever he's on the radio..

8. BattleRedToro

BattleRedToro Thread Killer

Nice one.

:chef:

9. Texans_Chick

Texans_Chick Utopian Dreamer

We need to turn this thread into a non-Schaub jinx thread. I mean as bad as the team looks with the catastrophic defense, it could get way worse if the offense imploded too. Here's my contribution:

[​IMG]

10. BattleRedToro

You are so right. Everytime I hear him on the radio wheezing like that I think to myself, "Did he just run a marathon, or closeout an all-you-can-eat buffet?"

11. NitroGSXR

NitroGSXR Super Sic #58

I kinda liked the Big Bad Schaub video. Makes me laugh. Then again... I can't exactly hear the song but the video looked fun!

12. BattleRedToro

Trust me this was one time that you were lucky to be deaf.

13. eriadoc

eriadoc Texan-American

Extrapolation is fun.

Over the last three games, Schaub is averaging a little over 274 yards per game and 2.33 TDs. In the 11 games Sschaub played in last season, he averaged a little over 276 yards per game. I'd say that's consistent. A 4000 yard season is 250 per game.

If Schaub puts up 3800+ yards and 25 TDs, he'll make the Pro Bowl. I don't see any reason to think that can't happen. In fact, I think those numbers are probable, health permitting.

Anyone thinking Schaub is a problem on this team is way, way out there. Like Pluto.

14. Silver Oak

Silver Oak Hall of Fame

would be awkward for those who wanted to bench him last season, and already this season.

15. m5kwatts

m5kwatts Hall of Fame

The only better QBs in the NFL this year are Brees and Manning. Schaub is outplaying everyone else.

16. False Start

False Start On # 69

McClain is a strange dude.

Schaub has been playing well, except for the Jets game of course. If he continues on the pace has been on the past two games, a Pro Bowl selection would be warranted IMO.

17. CloakNNNdagger

CloakNNNdagger Site Contributor

At this point, probably as valid as the 3-1 Texans prediction. ProBowl looks for consistency.......and is skewed to players on decent teams........so far, both are in question.

I came across this analysis of the 2009 QB Pro Bowl selections, that seems to do a good job of putting this process in perspective.

LINK

18. m5kwatts

m5kwatts Hall of Fame

I held the Jets game against Schaub until I saw Brady look twice as inept vs. the same defense. The Jets have the league figured out at the moment, which makes Brees vs. NYJ def even more intriguing this weekend.

19. Maddict5

Maddict5 Hall of Fame

though he may be an asshat, phil rivers had over 4000 yds & 34 tds (11 ints) last season & didnt make the probowl. nothing is garunteed

20. infantrycak

infantrycak Mod. Staff Member

On top of watching that abomination of a D we put on the field last week I had to suffer with a jackhole two rows behind me shouting the entire game at or about Schaub and as he got more lubricated it became virtually a constant stream in the 2nd half. Talk about adding insult to injury.