schaub lost it for us....

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by HouSportsWriter, Oct 11, 2009.

1. HouSportsWriter

HouSportsWriter SIAB

schaub did verry well dont get me wrong but .....that interception changed the momentem and even if we got the td after the interception we would have to go to to over time to win or go for two. i would have rather got the
    1st td then have to go to over time

2. StevieWonder

StevieWonder Rookie

Yeah, he made a mistake that added to the list of things we wish we could have back. But look at that face and try to stay mad.

[​IMG]

a bloo bloo bloo

3. m5kwatts

m5kwatts Hall of Fame

Yeah but without Schaub it probably would have been 21-0 with no chance to even drive to win it.

4. Showtime100

Showtime100 Got JJ?

I'm still on the warpath with the play calling in those crucial situations. Freaking horrible. Schaub made a bad mistake, but I can't hang this on him. That mistake should have been overcome.

5. Texecutioner

Texecutioner Hall of Fame

This is a joke.

6. Norg

Norg -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

schaub made mastikes but they are easily fixible

7. Scooter

Scooter Funky

given the FUBAR first half gameplan, schaub had a relatively solid game. he air-mailed more passes than we're used to, but he also did better than we're used to in the second half of negotiating the pocket in formations he's comfortable with. first half goes squarely on the coaching staff ... and since we wholly lost the first half, i blame the coaching staff.

8. Goatcheese

Goatcheese Nightmare Over

Sad Schaub is sad. Except if he's mad! Except if he's glad! Unless he just dragged the team kicking and screaming to within a few inches of tying up what looked like a blow out! :bubbles:

9. Tedc

Tedc Hardheaded

Schaub threw for 371 yards and controlled the clock on the road against a good team with passing. Mistakes happen but he got you to the tie and he got you to the goal line with plenty of time.

Blame our o-line play. We are getting used by d-lines across the NFL and it starts with the center. I am not sure what the coaching staff is thinking or how many games it will take before they get a clue. Fix the line, and you fix the season.

This team is explosive and I would love to see some Slaton runs to polish off a nice win but I am afraid we may have to wait for the next coaching staff for that.

10. silvrhand

silvrhand Site Contributor

I've mentioned this a few times, take away Schaubb's primary read and he can't make the progression fast enough and then ends up holding the ball too long and then eats the sack. He can't make his reads fast enough and I think the tell tale signs of a good defense figuring him out is starting to happen.

- His accuracy the first half was HORRID.
    - Missed a couple wide open people.
    - is about as mobile as a one legged old man.
    - just can't get it done.

he's a stopgap measure, and not the QB to take us through the playoffs. If you want to skirt with making the playoffs, or do you want a superbowl? If it's the latter Schaubb isn't the guy.

11. Texan_Bill

Texan_Bill Subscribed Contributor

There ain't a QB out there that can take this team to the playoffs when you can't make a 3rd or 4th and 1. That's two games that Schaub put this team in a position to tie, late in a game and your O-line and RB's can't punch it in.

IlliniJen likes this.
  12. El Tejano

El Tejano Hall of Fame

Schaub started getting hot too late. I can't get mad for the game he put together but he did get hot too late and then threw the pick, and had the bad play from the 1. He was off pretty much all day.

That being said, I do like how I never feel like we are out of the game because Schaub has this calmness about him that I can't explain and I think it gets contagious with the rest of the team. I kinda feel like Schaub is in Warren Moon's early stage of his career- Just really inconsistent with alot of weapons. Once we get these small things fixed this team can be even more dangerous.

13. gwallaia

gwallaia Moderator Staff Member

He also threw for 371 yards and two TD's.

14. davemundy

davemundy Rookie

Gary has said that Schaub is one step removed from being among the elite quarterbacks in the league. The pick was him trying to force something when nothing was there, as was the throw to Johnson on 4th and 1. When he has the maturity to recognize when nothing is there, he will be among that elite.

15. gtexan02

gtexan02 Working?

That throw for a pick 6 was a killer.
    He also had a bad throw to a wide open OD that would have scored a TD
    He also had a throw way over the head of a wide open Joel Dreesen that would have tied it

He could have called a sneak or demanded the ball.

Schaub had a good game, but he's certainly part of this loss

16. Goatcheese

Goatcheese Nightmare Over

With 5 games in the books I've got enough meaningful data to do Schaub's 3rd season projection.

Are folks really complaining about this guy? :texflag:

17. Cjeremy635

Cjeremy635 Overtraining

What he said. My only knock on Schaub is that he appears to be a slow starter for the most part. Hell, the team as a whole is a slow starter. They always say that they need to come out and start fast, but for some reason that rarely/never seems to happen. We fall behind really fast and then are forced to play catch up the rest of the game.

18. spurstexanstros

spurstexanstros Texans Rising

Hmmm if Slaton was a beast and could get us one yard Texans would be 5-1 right now.

19. Yankee_In_TX

Yankee_In_TX Dance Lindsay!

My only bone to pick with Schaud is him refusing to admit the pick or the missed TD to Dressen were badly timed throws.

20. TexansBlood

TexansBlood The CUSH!

I agree Shaub lost this game for us and not Kubiak. Shaub fell asleep the first half and had overthrown and bad passes also threw a deep ball to AJ on 4th and 1 and even Kubiak got in his face.. He finally woke up in the second half but threw that pick and on 3rd and goal with 1 min left he had no pressure around him and his throw was to high for the wide open receiver....