Schaub Hospitalized for Bursa Sac

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by HOU-TEX, Nov 17, 2010.

1. HOU-TEX

HOU-TEX Ah, Football!

He has a bursa sac in his knee. Kubiak expects him back tomorrow. Per 610 flash

ThaShark316 likes this.
  2. ThaShark316

ThaShark316 #28

Good info, thanks dude.

3. JB

JB Old Curmudgeon

Whew, I saw this and thought shoulder. I'm more comfortable with him coming back from the knee

4. El Tejano

El Tejano Hall of Fame

And people on here thought he had no sac at all.

FirstTexansFan and Blake like this.
  5. drewmar74

drewmar74 disgruntled

I hope it doesn't impact what little mobility he has. I doubt that his pocket will be real clean this weekend....

6. FirstTexansFan

FirstTexansFan The Unknown Fan

Now THAT'S funny :) +1 rep

7. MightyTExan

MightyTExan It's go time!

I'm not CnD, but his bursa sac is probably infected. Whose in the mood for Leinhart?

8. thunderkyss

thunderkyss Salem Poor

If you remember, he had a minor ankle sprain the last game..... they threw out half the play book, no roll outs, no bootlegs...

it's going to be ugly.

9. axman40

axman40 Hall of Fame

Bring on Matty Lite!
    :fans:

10. badboy

badboy Site Contributor

Yeah, let's showcase him for the team who will sign him in free agency. I know we really helped McNabb get a really good extension.

11. awtysst

awtysst Draft Guru

If the guy is going to get destroyed anyway, why not sit Schaub for the game and let him heal. Throw Leinart to the wolves. He is not supposed to be the starter going forward anyway. Better to throw a backup to the wolves than a dinged up starter.

12. Mr. White

Mr. White H-Town Beatdown

Leinart's still the number 3. We won't see him until Orlovsky gets pulled from a game or gets hurt.

13. Thorn

Thorn Dirty Old Man

Let's sit Schaub and AJ both, and just let them heal. We got a snowballs chance in hell of winning this game anyway, why risk a more serious injury for two such important players?

We ain't doing shit this year now, so it's time to play the backups anyway to see what they got.

14. MightyTExan

MightyTExan It's go time!

LOL, I forgot about DanO.

15. Ole Miss Texan

Ole Miss Texan Hall of Fame

Or runs out of the back of the endzone...

16. JB

JB Old Curmudgeon

I can see it now. Ready made excuse for Kubiak. Top player on offense hurt basically all year. Miss one top defender for 4 games. Miss your defensive captain most of the year. Stud DE playing hurt most of the year.

And to top it off, the starting QB gets hurt and can't play at his normal level.

C'mon Bob, you know it ain't his fault...:wadepalm:

17. El Tejano

El Tejano Hall of Fame

But hey, if the starting QB gets hurt, you got your Kubiak scapegoat and then you don't have to go spend big dollars for a real head coach.

18. Thorn

Thorn Dirty Old Man

If McNair isn't smart enough to see past that, then we're no better off than we were with the Tennessee Sap Head. And if that's the case, well, I don't even want to think about that. McNair is a smarter man than Bud Adams, he just has to be.

19. drewmar74

drewmar74 disgruntled

Yeah. I imagine so.

That second or third free blitzer might be all she wrote.

20. CloakNNNdagger

CloakNNNdagger Site Contributor

Not really a good sign. There are 3 main bursae of the knees. The most commonly affected in a football player would be the the one in front of and behind the patella (knee cap). These bursae sacs that essentially act as lubricants, cushions and gliders (between the soft tissues and patella) for the front of the knee.

They can be caused by direct trauma or to the front of the knee or overuse, thus causing them to inflame, become swollen and very painful. They can be treated with ice, rest, drawing off the fluid that has accumulated from the inflammation (within the sac) and/or injecting steroid (into the sac to decrease the inflammation. These procedures are usually performed in the office.

The second type of bursa problems are caused by infection of the fluid within the bursa. This can be caused by a cut or scratch in the overlying areas........or as a seeding from infection in a totally different part of the body. It may commonly require IV antibiotics and/or surgical drainage. Both of these require in hospital treatment.

Treatment of both types is very dependent on resting/immobilizing the underlying joint and avoiding further trauma to the bursal tissues. Continued movement during the acute inflammatory phase will only aggravate the problem and prolong the recovery and encourage chronicity.

Rest is of utmost importance. They better rest Schaub this Sunday, as this would be a bare minimum for avoiding even greater problems........and he may not be ready after that. Depending on his clinical progress beyond that time should dictate if he should be allowed to return to action, and when. I hope a little more common sense prevails in their decision making compared to what we have seen of late.

Last edited: Nov 17, 2010
    CretorFrigg likes this.