Schaub exorcism

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by Kaiser Toro, Sep 24, 2008.

1. Kaiser Toro

Kaiser Toro Native Mod

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

You show me Schaub's double, same face, same voice, everything. And I'd know it wasn't Schaub. I'd know in my gut. Now, I want you to tell me that you know for a fact that there's nothing wrong with our Quarterback, except in his mind. YOU TELL ME FOR A FACT YOU KNOW AN EXORCISIM WOULDN'T DO ANY GOOD. YOU TELL ME THAT.

Link

2. Norg

Norg Hall of Fame

he needs to change jesery numbers the #8 i never liked that number

3. IlliniJen

IlliniJen Hall of Fame

Seriously. There needs to be a petition or something. The number 8 needs ta go.

4. TexansFanatic

TexansFanatic Extremist

Of all the numbers he could have chosen.....Why, why, why?

5. Buffi2

Buffi2 Site Contributor

What we need is a good old Native American smudging ceremony! Nothing like a little smoke from burning sage to drive out the bad spirits or influences and to keep them from coming back in. Easier than an exorcism and more reliable.:shades:

6. Double Barrel

Double Barrel Modified Simian

I saw some scary tendencies the last two games...the happy feet...the locking onto his receiver...the run away from constant pressure...the sack that should have been a throw away pass...the deer in the headlights look...the hit, slow get up, dazed stumble...

The infinite debate regarding what ruined HWSNBN - bad offensive line vs. raw potential - is now looking a bit swayed towards the line. When a QB cannot trust his coverage, he becomes Crazy 8!!

7. Texan_Bill

Texan_Bill Subscribed Contributor

Step away from the negativity. Stop and take a look at your avatar.... We need happy thoughts here. :)

8. Cjeremy635

Cjeremy635 Overtraining

Why? He's the best QB on the roster. You think sacrificing him will make Shaub better?

:sarcasm:

9. Double Barrel

Double Barrel Modified Simian

I have a hard time finding my happy place when I see a picture of HWSNBN. :chickendance:

But you're right. *sips battle red koolaide* Our offensive line is going to nut up and protect our QB, and make some holes so Slaton can rack up some serious yardarge. AJ and Walter catch the TD passes this time and we stomp the Jags out of sheer determination and grit, thus exorcising the no. 8 demon spirit from the offense. :cowboy1:

10. Texan_Bill

Texan_Bill Subscribed Contributor

There you go, my man!!!!

11. Norg

Norg Hall of Fame

he needs to stay in the pocket

i always thought he was more calm there when he runz out of the pocket thats when we usually get shorter yards

12. HoustonFrog

HoustonFrog Dallas Frog

Look, LT is happy and still has his visor.:shades:

They should just have a burning of that jersey in the stadium parking lot. I do find it funny that last year the complaint was that he stood in the pocket too long and took too many hits. Head on a swivel now.

13. Hooston Texan

Hooston Texan All Pro

I'm all for Schaub ditching the #8. He wore #7 at Virginia (many of my UVA buddies still wear Schaub 7 jerseys to games). Dogfighter had #7 in Atlanta, so Schaub just took the next-highest available number. Once Chad Stanley was--mericfully--cut, he should have taken his old number back.

Heck, it's not like #7 is currently in use at his alma mater, either: the UVA QB who was wearing Schaub's old number just got booted off the team for underage drinking and is now transferring to Oregon State. Wihtout going in to the gory details, 2008 has been an incredibly lousy year for all things UVA (I'll stop before I get started), and I fear Schaub's poor play this year is part of all this bad mojo.

So I'm definitely in for the exorcism!

14. Ole Miss Texan

Ole Miss Texan Hall of Fame

"Leave Schaub alone!!!!"

[​IMG]

15. beerlover

beerlover Site Contributor

Matt seems like a pretty cool dude, he's really been smacked around in only two games & has yet to assume the fetal position ala Carr so maybe there is hope. I'm most dissapointed with OL guru Alex Gibbs, both in blocking for Matt & developing a more effective run game. He needs to come out & address these issue instead of hiding in Kubiaks shadow. if you watch Denver for example they spread out spacing way more so there are bigger lanes at least it appears more space. I really like it when they use misdirection & roll Cutler out which I've seen Matt do on occassion but not nearly enough. the whole offense is predicated on movement & spacing I don't understand little Shaneys playcalling, Matt is forcing the ball trying to make something happen or reacting to bad situations/execution :voodoo:

16. Dancerdog

Dancerdog Rookie

Ole Miss Texan-

Classic my man, classic!

17. Vinnie

Vinnie with an I E

Someone get the Reverand J Fizzle on the phone and get him to do a Holy Ghost Explosion for Schaub! Always seemed to work for the Astros.

18. threetoedpete

threetoedpete Hall of Fame

19. El Tejano

El Tejano Hall of Fame

Me being the residential Catholic on this board will pray a novena and light a candle.

Kaiser Toro likes this.
  20. Vinnie

Vinnie with an I E

[​IMG]