Schaub Calls Out the Fans

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by CloakNNNdagger, Nov 30, 2009.

1. CloakNNNdagger

CloakNNNdagger Site Contributor

After the game, Schaub called out the fans for leaving the building before the game's end. But I would have to point out that the team left the building, along with Elvis................... WAY BEFORE the fans had a chance to.

Let me also point out that those same fans with their families have scraped together their dwindling hard earned money, seemingly solely for the privilege of watching the Texans, from the top down, pad their own already bulging wallets.

More and more of the fans will be happy from here on out to support their team from the cheap comfort of their own residence. From there, they will be able to be spared from leaving early after a putrid performance and taking that long walk back to the car and the long gasoline guzzling trip back home...............they will be able to simply switch the channel and watch something with at least some crumb of entertainment value.

If fans wanted to spend 3 hours watching a shitty product, they could lock themselves up in their bathroom for that period of time after having a good BM.

Sorry, but the Texans have to realize that we have no obligation to be there for them when they don't show up for us.

2. noxiousdog

noxiousdog All Pro

I'd tell him the same thing that I'd like to tell those players on D that wave their arms. "If you'd pay more attention to the guy on the other side of the ball than you do the crowd, you might win a little more."

Last edited: Nov 30, 2009
  3. MannyFresh

MannyFresh El Capitan

And tell OD to quit flipping the fans the bird....

4. Mailman

Mailman Pwned by Hakeem

I agree with the gist of what he said but he is the wrong person to deliver that message. Huge blunder on his part.

5. m5kwatts

m5kwatts Hall of Fame

Can a source or article be posted on this?

6. Honoring Earl 34

Honoring Earl 34 Hey Koolaid

Tell Matt he looks good in that beat down blue uniform . :roast:

OK ... that's to weird . Is that an 8 on the thing being roasted ?

7. GP

GP Go Texans!

Wow. If this is true, then Matt Schaub can kiss my butt.

The meltdown has begun. Not only are they quitting, they're now calling out their fans and deflecting personal blame by trying to focus on US.

If true, this was a dumb move. And I know dumb moves when I see them.

8. thunderkyss

thunderkyss Salem Poor

I don't agree with fans leaving the game early.

I sat & watched the Colts pray after the game... kinda hurt that it was on our field.

But.. Matt & the Texans need to prove them wrong every now & then, and win the game in the last 4 minutes.

The guys who left early knew that wasn't going to happen, & IMHO.. that's worse than them leaving to begin with.

They were right.

9. J_R

J_R Hall of Fame

TheIronDuke likes this.
  10. LonerATO

LonerATO Hall of Fame

I personally would have staid at the game, but hey its your money and you can do whatever you want.

11. GP

GP Go Texans!

There is no obligation for a paying fan to stay and support a team who is being paid to perform.

If I pay for a movie and I deem it to be bad, I stop watching it and walk out (or stop it, eject it, and take it back). I won't demand to have my money given back to me by the theatre manager or the rental store manager.

And I don't think the actors and actresses care if I enjoyed it or not. They got paid.

This is an attempt, allegedly, by a player (Schaub, allegedly) to deflect personal responsibility. Instead of shutting up, he decided to try and re-direct some angst by pointing fingers at FANS of all people. LOL.

Things are getting more bizarre by the hour. It's firing season already.

12. GP

GP Go Texans!

Even Gary Kubiak would have walked out had he not been tethered to the field by his headset cord.

Hell, the coach can't even watch the team on important plays anymore.

Leaving is better than staying and boo'ing and yelling harsh insults.

Take your pick, Matt: A swollen crowd of harsh insulters, or people just choosing to quietly leave and catch easier traffic for the ride home.

J_R likes this.
  13. sometexansfan

sometexansfan Blue Bomber

People leave early and Schaub accuses them of not being real fans? Perhaps if he had played like a real NFL quarterback in the 2nd half they might have stayed.

14. TexCanada

TexCanada Hall of Fame

This is very bad news...The last thing we need is for players to start alienating themselves from the fans and the organization. I hope somebody fixes this in a hurry.

15. Khari

Khari Administrator Staff Member

i don't like ppl leaving early either.........but perhaps a 3 game losing streak is the wrong time to be telling fans what they shouldn't be doing

16. axman40

axman40 Hall of Fame

It may be a good thing the Texans play in Jax on Sunday!Right now all I would say to Schaub is STFU and win some football games!
    :firehair:

17. GP

GP Go Texans!

You know what?

I reverse my position.

Get rid of Matt Schaub and keep Gary Kubiak. At least Gary Kubiak isn't moronic enough to start this sort of trash.

Cue the keystone cops music...

18. MannyFresh

MannyFresh El Capitan

LOL...I was thinking of Benny Hill's theme music...

19. utahmark

utahmark markbeth

I think you cant understand what this cities fans have been through unless you have lived here. maybe if our football existance started when matt got here he might have a point, he does'nt realize there was football here before him and fans walking out has as much to do with what happened before he got here as what has happened since he's been here.

20. HJam72

HJam72 Hall of Fame

I don't blame the fans at all for walking out on this one in particular. The players gave up, why should the fans care? However, these guys are just venting much like we are. They ought to handle it more professionally, but I'm a lot more concerned about their crappy second half performances than I am about their fingers and mouths right now. If OD keeps pulling his finger out of his butt and showing it to everybody, he needs to not be on the sidelines with the team.