Schaub, AFC offensive player of the week

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by Vinny, Sep 23, 2009.

1. Vinny

Vinny shiny happy fan Staff Member

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/fb/texansfront/6632291.html

2. False Start

False Start On # 69

Freaking sweet! :jam:

3. TEXANS84

TEXANS84 Moderator Staff Member

4. hobie

hobie Site Contributor

Let's hope he can follow it up this week with another good game... But props to him and the entire team for winning that !!

5. Shaft75

Shaft75 Site Contributor

I'm just glad that he got the award and not CJ.

Props to ya Matt! You straight up torched one of the top d's in the NFL.

6. mancunian

mancunian Daleks Rule

United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Irela
    thats good news, now he has to torch the kitties this weekend.

7. NitroGSXR

NitroGSXR Super Sic #58

*sigh*

I'm really happy for Matt Schaub as a Texans fan. I hope that the experts weren't voting him up simply because they thought highly of the Texans prior to this season begin. I don't know. I'm not saying who I'd vote for. You guys know the answer to that. It's gonna be the Texan. The problem is that I'd be voting for a lie. Chris Johnson absolutely blew us away. He was the only Titan to be running wild all day long. The Tennessee Titans are easily the NFL's best 0-2 team. We could not contain Chris Johnson.

*sigh*

We're still an extremely bad team. Let's see if Reeves' return will change anything. It's great that Schaub's got this personal accomplishment marked off but I want team accolades in addition to the individuals.

*sigh*

Let's get our first win at home this year! We're 0-3 at home and 3-0 on the road this year (counting preseason). That's definitely a new experience there for us Texans fans.

Go Texans!

:fans:

8. Vinny

Vinny shiny happy fan Staff Member

gotta throw in a schleprock moment huh? Enjoy the good when you get it...it's a tough league.

9. NitroGSXR

NitroGSXR Super Sic #58

You're right. I just got extremely depressed after watching NFLn's rebroadcast of the game. My bad.

:d:

:texflag:

10. Honoring Earl 34

Honoring Earl 34 Hey Koolaid

I agree totally . Nitro ... CJ was going against us and Schaub was going against them . Taking that into consideration , who had the better game .

11. nero THE zero

nero THE zero Hall of Fame

I think Schaub won over CJ simply because the Texans beat the Titans. It would be bad form to pick the RB of the losing team over the QB of the winning team when each had equally impressive games.

12. HOU-TEX

HOU-TEX Ah, Football!

Well, look at it this way, fellas. Schaub had to work harder to achieve the award. CJ just had to run through a couple holes the width of the Grand Canyon and catch a ball standing on an island.

13. Silver Oak

Silver Oak Hall of Fame

Matt played extremely well the entire game, whereas Johnson had the 2 busted plays that contributed mightly to his rushing total. Not detracting away from the great back Johnson is, but IMO, Matt played a more complete game.

14. Porky

Porky Hall of Fame

Tie goes to the winner. When's the last time a league MVP was on a losing team? Same theory. Besides, as already pointed out, my grandma would have racked up 200 all purpose yards on this defense. :user:

15. Maddict5

Maddict5 Hall of Fame

dear matt schaub, :rolleyes:

hopefully this will stop any dumb threads being started about you for a while

well deserved. not many qb's in the league could do what he did last week. maybe his new nickname should be dr schaub if he continues to slice secondaries apart so surgically ;)

DocBar and rollinstone18 like this.
  16. eriadoc

eriadoc Texan-American

Chris Johnson had three good plays. Matt Schaub had a few more than that. Also, the voters are usually going to take the QB over anyone else, all things being equal.

17. NitroGSXR

NitroGSXR Super Sic #58

That's not really true. He had catches of 16 and 8 yards and runs of 16, 11, and 6 in addition to the TD runs of 91 and 69 then the 57 TD catch.

He alone was responsible for 6 first downs, 3 of which were TDs. As gaudy the TD yards are, they're still touchdowns and that's what winning in the NFL is all about. He single handedly decimated our so-called 'new and improved' defense. If you want to take away the bogus TD (which is ridiculous. it happened), That was on a pass. He still ran through our massive defensive middle. When he couldn't do that, he ran ends. It was silly watching him show just exactly where the Texans are soft.

I'm only assuming so I could be wrong... It seems to me that QBs get over 400 yards and 4 TDs significantly more than a single guy getting just about 300 total yards and 3 TDs. Chris Johnson had an amazing day. A career day for a RB. Schaub can have better numbers and gaudier numbers than his 439? and 4 TDs. I don't think Schaub has had his career day just yet.

Maybe Schaub had more than that but that was somewhat expected. We were not scared to throw the football against that secondary without Haynesworth thrashing the middle.

Jesus! I'm really sorry, guys. I really am! I really need the Jacksonville game to turn out right. We have to destroy them. I'm just really down in the dumps about our football team.

Go Texans!

:fans:

18. Silver Oak

Silver Oak Hall of Fame

and this after a win? don't think I would wanna be around you after a loss!

:texflag:

19. Texecutioner

Texecutioner Hall of Fame

Congrats Schaub!!:texflag:

20. JCTexan

JCTexan Hall of Fame

The Texans just got done beating the Titans in Tennessee for the 2nd time in team history. They have Jville & Oakland coming to town the next two weeks. Why are you down in the dumps?