Scary

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by Wolf, Oct 2, 2005.

1. Wolf

Wolf 100% Texan

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/recap?gid=20051002004

I wish I heard the whole conversation leading up to Carr's quote so I wouldn't be having a "three's company" incident (meaning not hearing the whole thing but only hearing part)..

Playing to our potential? AJ 3 catches for like 30ish yards 1 TD by our offense. I am not discrediting the Bengals defense... but 7 sacks and we are playing to our potential? This offense lacks playmakers .. guys that can make people miss and go the distance anytime they touch the ball (sorry DD is not a gamebreaker) AJ is a playmaker.. It is nice to see us spreading the ball around though.

2. HJam72

HJam72 Hall of Fame

Yes, that's about right. Our potential is to have about 7 sacks. It's a moral victory. :cool:

3. the wonger need food

the wonger need food Hall of Fame

250 yards of total offense against an average defense is reaching their potential???

This whole organization is a complete train wreck. Bob McNair didn't become a billionaire by employing incompentent people in key positions. I am confident that the house will be cleaned this offseason.

4. Grid

Grid Hall of Fame

we DID look better wonger.. I dont know about playing to our potential.. if that is our potential then we need to start over from scratch.

But, we DID look better.. we looked more confident.. we moved the ball better.. id even say that we could have competed with many teams in the NFL this sunday..

I agree though that some house cleaning needs to be done this offseason. Specifically.. Capers and Fangio need to be replaced.. we need a whole new attitude and a whole gameplan. And we need to get a replacement for Carr to start grooming.

5. Bubbajwp

Bubbajwp All Flopper

12 interceptions.

6. the wonger need food

the wonger need food Hall of Fame

15th ranked defense coming into the game. 20th ranked passing defense, so they're actually below average here.

And 2 total sacks before this game. So yes, the stats say they are an average or slightly below average defense.

7. Double Barrel

Double Barrel Modified Simian

I think today's performance, while better than the first two games, is still way below average for the talent we [allegedly] have on this team.

We still lack consistency and keep shooting ourselves in the foots with stupid mistakes, though. Hopefully our potential is well beyond today's game.

8. Wolf

Wolf 100% Texan

Capers quote

Sometimes I feel the PC talk at the end of the game gets old. I almost want a Bill Parcells type that says it how it is.
    http://www.houstontexans.com/news/news_detail.php?PRKey=2012

Carr's quote

9. Elite

Elite Veteran

WOW what a losser we have. thats our potential WOW that might be his potential that just goes to show everyone we need a winner playing QB for us.

10. Porky

Porky Hall of Fame

If they are playing up to their potential, we have about a 2-4 win season on our hands. That quote is laughable.

11. Bubbajwp

Bubbajwp All Flopper

I agree on paper there are not a good defense. but they were also eight in Rushing defense. 12 Interceptions is hard to argue with. That was an average of four per game before today.

12. Elite

Elite Veteran

But most of those interceptions come after the opposing team fall so behind they cant run and become one dimentional our defense did a great of keeping us in the game.

13. OzzO

OzzO .. and then?

Possible potential in a sense that the ball was spread around a bit more, they were moving down the field better than previously, and that there was more of a belief they could win it vs. going in with a "well maybe we can" attitude.

Heck, the Bengals beat Cleveland by 14, Minnesota by 29 and Chicago by 17 before us... so we must've done something well to lose by 6.

14. Cicero

Cicero Rookie

The truest stat in football is the scoreboard, the Bengals are giving up 9.5 points per game. That is flat out getting it done.

15. HJam72

HJam72 Hall of Fame

Yes, our D is tough as nails in the red zone. :ninja: It's the best thing about the Texans. :texflag:

16. dalemurphy

dalemurphy Hall of Fame

Carr isn't a lawyer. He's a 25 year old football player who was likely suffering from a concussion and post traumatic stress syndrome. I'm sure the point he was trying to make is that they were able to move the ball and it didn't appear that they were lost or totally outclassed by the other team.

17. run-david-run

run-david-run Hall of Fame

I think you will find he means our potential to play well and stay with the big boys. Even with a minute to go and getting screwed by the refs, we were still one play away from winning the game. Statistically, not much improvemnt, but anyone who watched the game can tell you this was the best performance by the Texans in a long time.

18. infantrycak

infantrycak Mod. Staff Member

Oooh, can I play the stat game too? How about this one, who has the #2 scoring (you have heard of the score right, the thing that controls who wins and loses--commonly known as the most important stat) defense in the league? But I guess that doesn't fit with your constant downer philosophy.

19. El Tejano

El Tejano Hall of Fame

Can we all please remind ourselves that this was a team that just underwent new coaching and that many of the things Carr was doing wrong was not being done today. Noone here is talking about how Carr was stepping up in the pocket today and getting rid of the ball faster...all things that were improvements over last year even and all things Pendry was coaching on. Improvement in two weeks worth of practice and even then some of that was delayed because of the hurricane scare. Not saying that had anything to do with it but time was of the essence and they did alot in those two weeks.

20. Cheroqui

Cheroqui Veteran

Can someone tell me why Jerome Mathis is only returning kicks and not being played opposite of Andre or in the slot? and why do we get new TE's every year and don't use them?

Why are we throwing passes over the middle with 45 seconds left in the game too?

I watched the game but maybe uhhhhh maybe I missed something...