Sanctions for NFL Agent Substance Abuse and Ethics Violations?

Discussion in 'The National Football League' started by CloakNNNdagger, Jun 4, 2012.

1. CloakNNNdagger

CloakNNNdagger Site Contributor

Does some entity oversee or place sanction on substance abuse or ethics violations on the part of NFL agents!

Just wondering after reading this piece that I don't believe got much press when it was going on.

Thursday January 12, 2012 - 9:36 AM

Steinberg files for bankruptcy, blames alcohol rehab, rival agentCBSSports.com wire reports

2. Playoffs

Playoffs Subscribed Contributor

Heh, heh ..... I've been to that "Oh what a mess I've made of my life" place, myself. Goods things can come from it. Better things.

3. ChampionTexan

ChampionTexan Site Contributor

I'm not certain if this addresses your question, but as the article you linked alluded to, all NFL agents are regulated by, and must be certified by the NFLPA, and their regulations do include a section on conduct. I don't know if there's anything specifically included regarding substance abuse.

Steinberg lost his certification to be an NFL agent in 2007 as a result of the $300,000 loan that was referenced in your article. As of earlier this year, he was working towards re-certification. I don't know the status of that attempt.

CloakNNNdagger likes this.