San Diego Game to be played as scheduled

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by TexanBacker93, Oct 22, 2007.

1. TexanBacker93

TexanBacker93 Hall of Fame

Has anyone heard anything official from the Texans about this coming Sunday's trip to San Diego? Wildfires are forcing evacuations of hundreds of thousands and Qualcomm is listed as an evacuation site. The last time fires hit the area like that the NFL moved the Chargers-Dolphins MNF game to Arizona. I have tickets to go out there and see the game and I'm trying to find out what's happening. Thanks for any information you can pass along.

2. San Antonio Texan

San Antonio Texan Rookie

3. houstonhurricane

houstonhurricane All Pro

Victory is ours!

Seriously, that is a very dangerous situation and I am glad that they are trying to aid residents in need. I would imagine that they would be able to relocate those that choose to evacuate by the weekend (hopefully they are able to contain the fires by then)...

4. jaayteetx

jaayteetx Hall of Fame

Nice, I know my problems are small compared to the people that are losing their homes but dangit, I got plane tickets, hotel and game tickets already and I'm sure the hotel/airline won't hook me up. Fires, GO AWAY!

5. Brando

Brando Site Contributor

I say as bad as the Texans are playing and to even things out, I say move the game to Reliant.:specnatz:

Seriously I hope the fires go away.

6. NitroGSXR

NitroGSXR Super Sic #58

I say postpone the game for a few days. Let our guys and the evacuees heal up. Kill two birds with one stone.

7. houstonhurricane

houstonhurricane All Pro

Actually, if you explain to the airline that you had to cancel your travel due to a natural disaster, you stand a pretty good chance of getting a credit on their airline...especially if it is Continental.

I still think the game will be played in San Diego...

8. Silver Oak

Silver Oak Hall of Fame

9. Vinny

Vinny shiny happy fan Staff Member

10. jaayteetx

jaayteetx Hall of Fame

Ya, I called around and am pretty sure the airline, Southwest, would hook me up. The problem is I got the hotel through hotwire, so I'm basically screwed if they move the game to another city. Not sure how the tickets to the game would be resolved, I imagine they would just hook me up with basically the same seats in the new stadium, right?

11. texasguy346

texasguy346 Mod Squad

I think there was a game a couple years ago where the Chargers were scheduled to play at home against the Cardinals. They ended up moving the game to Arizona because of the fires. If they decide to do that I'm sure we'll hear something soon so that the NFL can sell some tickets.

12. HOU-TEX

HOU-TEX Ah, Football!

My wife is in San Diego on bidness and she's been keeping me up to date on the happenings there. This morning she said there's alot of smoke/haze, but no local threat as of today. They're saying the blaze should last another 2-3 days minimum. She's getting the heck out of Dodge romorrow.

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/n/a/2007/10/22/state/n102418D66.DTL

13. Texan_Bill

Texan_Bill Subscribed Contributor

Hope she gets out with no worries.. Keep us posted.

14. HOU-TEX

HOU-TEX Ah, Football!

Will do, thanks. I just texted her again informing her of the Texans playing there this coming weekend. I asked her if she knew where the stadium was in relation to the fires. I've yet to get a reply. I'll post her response when available. :)

15. hollywood_texan

hollywood_texan Hall of Fame

Yeah, I got some nice plans and money locked up into this weekend in San Diego.

But, if I gotta bite the dust on that, so be it.

I hope things work out with the people that are really impacted by this situation.

16. tulexan

tulexan Hall of Fame

The NFL should treat it the same way they did for the Saints - Giants game and make it a home game for the Chargers in Houston. I'm sure if the Chargers were playing the Jets or Giants that is what would happen.

17. BSofA04

BSofA04 Hall of Fame

If they decide to keep the game in San Diego, maybe the league will push for a Monday Night double header? The Chargers afterall have lost one practice day due to the fire today. Wishful thinking, I know.

18. TxDavid

TxDavid Go Coogs!

One disaster after another.....

19. J-Russ

J-Russ Hall of Fame

Great Idea!

Let's have the game on ESPN. That way people all over the nation can see us get blown out by the 1st half. Atleast when we weren't on national TV, people thought we were a decent team when we rack up points in garbage time to make it seem like a competitive game.

20. SoCalTexanFan

SoCalTexanFan Rookie

Hopefully not because I have tickets to the game. I'm flying back to Cali Sunday morning just to catch the game. Anyone else going to be there?