San Antonio Saints

Discussion in 'The National Football League' started by Vinny, May 11, 2005.

1. Vinny

Vinny shiny happy fan Staff Member

http://www.wwltv.com/sports/stories/WWL051105benson.2640ab5e6.html

2. Hervoyel

Hervoyel The Right Track

Interesting. Texas goes from having one NFL team in Dallas to possibly having three teams in a rough triangle around Austin. I'd think this would be cool just to watch what happens to the Cowboy loving San Antonio fans and the Dallas hating Houston fans.

Would the people of S.A. be able to let go of their precious Cowboys? Who would Houston fans hate more? Right now it's Houston and Dallas and we have a very good semi-bitter cross-state rivalry. If there were three teams would that go away? I wonder if it might become like the very bland NBA version with the Spurs-Rockets-Mavericks where most of the time you don't care about at least one of the other two.

It would give Texas fair weather fans three shots a winner every year.

3. beerlover

beerlover Site Contributor

the distractions are inevitable beerlover street and all- guess they're concerned about the temptations available to their future QB Adrian McPhearson who has all the tools needed to be a star in the NFL.

:party:

4. Khari

Khari Administrator Staff Member

San Antonio needs a football team ....... so I don't have to drive three to four hours to Houston or Dallas to see a game. I can be in San Antonio in one hour.... :homer:

5. StarStruck

StarStruck Site Contributor

I can't say I'm surprised, and San Antonio would probably do everything possible to make it happen. I don't see them having the voting challenges that both Houston and Dallas had.

If the Saints were to relocate to San Antonio, there would probably be huge fan loyalty to the home team, which would affect the Cowboys fan base. IMO, that should make it all a fun rivalry.

6. Reddevil63

Reddevil63 Hall of Fame

If that were to happen, Id have an NFC team to root for. Im all for it, San Antonio is a great city with great fans (ask the Spurs) and is very well deserving of an NFL team. Would definitely make for some interesting rivalries within the state.

7. FILO_girl

FILO_girl I'm not here

I am not suprised at this. SA is a large city and has alot going for it. Makes sense to me that they might make a run for their own NFL team. They could get all of the far West Texas fans. Saints? Nah, more like the Desperados! :cool:

8. shinerbock_girl

shinerbock_girl Hall of Fame

Wow, interesting...Just hard to imagine SA having a football team....But i don't think i could pry myself from the Texans...I guess i could view it just like the Spurs and Rockets...As long as the Spurs don't play the Rockets i'll go for the Rockets, otherwise my hearts with the Spurs :love:

9. beerlover

beerlover Site Contributor

I like that San Antonio Desperados, Texans/Cowboys with an edge texanpride

10. Texans Pride

Texans Pride Hall of Fame

I LOVE IT!!! I'd be all over that team (behind the Texans of course)

Filo, I think you need to get into marketing and advertisment...that's a great name!

11. Texans Pride

Maybe this is a silly question, but could the NFL have any control over where the team was moved?

Say if they wanted a team in Los Angeles, could they say no to San Antonio, or is it the owner’s decision as long as the project could be funded?

12. WWJD

WWJD Hall of Fame

I think this has about as much a chance of happening as Billy Graham going on the Howard Stern program. The NFL has already practically come out and said they would either move a team to LA or grant them a franchise. In fact I heard on the news yesterday where Anaheim has a stadium plan ready to present to the NFL.

13. Grid

Grid Hall of Fame

San Antonio can outbid.. but really the league has a huge say in whether the team is put in San Antonio.. and the league is desperate to get a team in L.A.

If the Saints are willing to move and negotiations have been called off.. they will be the L.A. Saints.. ill put money on it.

San Antonio will be a rival that will run up the price on L.A. and make sure that the saints get a good deal when they move.. but the next city to get a team WILL be L.A.

14. YodAa

YodAa All Pro

Well LA has the biggest chance of getting the Saints but since they don't even have a stadium location yet and probably won't til 2010 and the Saints little contract thingy ends in 2006 or something (I read it somewhere but can't remember) it would be possible for the Saints to go to SA just because LA wouldn't be ready. And there are lots of Pros to this the biggest one being that San Antonio has lots of attractions making it a great site for an SB so losing New Orleans woulnd't hurt the league SB wise, its a big city (population is 1,144,646), if any of the fans from New Orleans still like them they could still go every couple of games since it isn't very far, they could probably get a stadium easily since theres a lot of land and it would be a new stadium (unlike in LA where they can't decide were it would be cheaper to place a stadium and wether or not it would be a new stadium or a renovated stadium. And of course the best reason, I would be able to go see the Bucs once a year!

The Saints are currently asking the city of New Orleans for a new stadium, which would be the key to them staying in New Orleans, wether or not they get it I don't but I do have the design to the stadium. Its a retractable roof stadium with a capacity of somewhere between 60,000-70,000.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

15. Texans Pride

Yoda

Good post, I'm always impressed with what you have to say. For a 15 year old, you shock me. Nice job buddy

16. YodAa

YodAa All Pro

O score I'm on the smart 15 year old list! neways "San Antonio Saints" has a little ding to it! I like it.

17. Grid

Grid Hall of Fame

I agree San Anton would be a great place for a team.. its big enough.. it does have football fans.. and it would be a very good spot for superbowls.

I just dont think the league will give anyone else a team until L.A. has one. They want a team in L.A. as quickly as possible. if the saints are willing to move.. I think they will figure something out to get them to L.A.

18. 12Gage

12Gage Rookie

If LA gets a team it should be the Chargers, or a team already in Cali. Why give them 4 teams?

San Antonio having an NFL team?! :highfive::thumbup

19. Fiddy

Fiddy Hall of Fame

Why should Texas have 3??? The Texans have enough problems fighting for airtime over the Cowboys, the Saints would have more cause San Antonio is probably Cowboy country. It wouldn't be a smart move on the Saints part because they wouldnt be able to compete against the Texans and Cowboys. They already have enough problems getting people from Louisana to go to the games, how are they going to get people who are fans of other teams???

20. Panther5407

Panther5407 All Pro

I'm with ya YodAa, my sig proves it. :highfive: Well, untill 20 more days then I'll be in the smart 16 year old club. :coolb:

3 Texas football teams, 3 Texas Basketball teams. If this is going to be, the in state rivarly is going to reach a new level.