Salaries Question?

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by awtysst, Nov 12, 2006.

1. awtysst

awtysst Draft Guru

I know its early, but I am partially thinking of the offseaosn moves we can make. Any idea how much money we will have to spend? I am hoping we can sign Nate Clements and Lance Briggs.

2. keyser

keyser Hall of Fame

And, as a tag-along question, does anyone know of a site that lists all the current players' salaries/contracts?

3. michaelm

michaelm vox nihili

http://www.houstonprofootball.com/cap.html

http://www.houstonprofootball.com/cap2007.html

There seems to be some possibility of accelerating a lot of next years dead money onto this year's cap, so we might have quite a bit more than the 2007 page shows.

keyser likes this.
  4. HeartofHouston

HeartofHouston Veteran

If we go into 2007 with 14mil in cap space.. I think maybe 7 of it will go toward rookies that will most likely leave about 7 mil to use for whatever we need.. I think we could pick up Briggs or Clements with that.. maybe 4 for one of them will do.. this is just me pulling numbers out of my butt if somebody has something more accurate pls post.

5. awtysst

awtysst Draft Guru

How much of next year's dead money can we acceclerate into this year? I agree that we will likley need a good portion for our draft class, but is half of our room needed? I think with Clements and Briggs, this Defense will be a lot more formidible. We can then draft a solid OLB to join Briggs and Demeco at the LB core, a ball hawking saftey to help out Dunta and Clements, a OT to help solidify our line(putting SPencer at RT and Winston at RG). These would be great steps to improving our team and I really hope we have the $ to do it.