Salaam is a great addition for us!!!

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by CodeBlue, May 3, 2006.

1. CodeBlue

CodeBlue Rookie

I just saw that ephram salaam just got signed by the texans, and that FREAKIN KICK ARS!!! :yahoo: he is a big and physical tackle that is light on his feet. he played at denver a couple years ago but became a free agent and they couldnt afford him the next year. this right here gives us a vet to Kubes system on the line and can help develop these guys even quicker, not to mention a legitamate starting OT.
    again i am forced, but like hehe, to watch denver games because they are regional in ID, but i loved watching him play. i think that we are getting better on the oline and this signing right here just may have bought us another win.

GO TEXANS!!!! Keep up the good work!!:ok:

2. MightyTExan

MightyTExan It's go time!

The way things are shaping up, I wouldn't be suprised if the O-line is all new faces when the season starts.

3. Bullpen Drew

Bullpen Drew All Pro

We are making solid moves....

4. mimartin

mimartin Rookie

:redtowel: We can only hope.

5. powerfuldragon

powerfuldragon g'mornin to you

both our o and d lines are sounding quite... fortified.

6. Meloy

Meloy Hall of Fame

Didn't he play for like 3 teams already? I thought he had been in the league only a few years...not knowing anything about him, I was unmotivated by his signing. Sounds like he will be a starter, wow! Todd Wade must be packing his bags.

7. bigTEXan8

bigTEXan8 All Pro

Another solid addition by Kubes and Cass...solid job guys.

8. Jagsman28

Jagsman28 Rookie

You guys better pray to god that this guy doesnt start. He was easily the worst o-linemen for the Jags last season. He lost his job to Khalif Barnes after the 4th game of the season. It was very frustrating having him as our LT. He was a turnstile and you guys should hope he is cut by the seasons start. You do NOT want him starting.

He is a good locker room guy though. :spy:

9. CodeBlue

CodeBlue Rookie

well then things have changed man, because he was great in Denver. i am sorry to hear that so now we just need to get him back into what he was, if thats possible. MAN that sux to hear that. i am kinda bent now hehe. :confused:

10. mimartin

mimartin Rookie

Then he is still better than what we had. In Kubiak system he may again prosper. (fingers crossed)

11. kcwilson

kcwilson All Pro

This is better than last year for sure... HOWEVER, makes you wonder you great a start we will get off to since reps is what the OLine will need to gel and get comfortable in the new system...

Anyone heard about the learning curve typically needed on the Denver blocking scheme... Between Flanagan, Salaam, and maybe Weigert, seems like the ability to learn and implement ought to be pretty quick.

12. mexican_texan

mexican_texan Furry Tractors

Last I heard, he's a zone-blocking OL, which I don't believe the Los Angeles Jaguars have.

13. Hervoyel

Hervoyel The Right Track

I wouldn't worry about it. It sounds to me like he was being asked to do things in the Jags system that he did not excel at and he was a force on the Denver offensive line. It might just be that he is suited to the zone blocking scheme and poorly suited to what Jacksonville was asking him to do.

Either way he's going to have to be better than Seth Wand, Todd Wade, Eric Winston, and Charles Spencer to see playing time so if he is then great and if he isn't then no worries.

14. Texas

Texas Hall of Fame

Isnt it Jacksonville? Or did they switch?

15. mexican_texan

mexican_texan Furry Tractors

Jax sells out as often as the Atlanta Hawks. 'Bout time for a move.

16. titan hater

titan hater Veteran

Very true....Just look at all of the trash bags covering thier upper deck. Worst fans in football by far!!!!

17. Jagsman28

Jagsman28 Rookie

We sold out every game last season...

And its not the Jaguars fault they dont live in a metropolis...but atleast they are staying true to their fanbase and not moving, despite the small market...*cough* oilers

But sold out games or not...we are still twice the team you guys will ever be. When was your last winning season btw? :)

And to those who wanted to know about Salaam; Maybe he will excel in your blocking scheme. All i know is that he was horrible in Jax, but he is great in the community. Although i dont think that he will make your 53 man roster unless he is depth.

18. El Tejano

El Tejano Hall of Fame

Just tell you Dlineman to watch their knees.

19. FILO_girl

FILO_girl I'm not here

I have asked around to a couple Texans fans (whose opinions I trust) and a couple Jag fans (whose opinions I would consider trustworthy also). I have not heard anything good on the addition of Salaam to our roster (other than he is a nice guy). While he may be here to add depth (competition as Kubiak calls it), I have not found one person who can give me a reason he would do us some good. Maybe I am missing something here, as I have no idea about the man.

Someone will come along and enlighten me, I am sure.

Note to Jag fans: I am not the only Texans fan who razzes you about your tarped litterbox!

20. Bronco Texan

Bronco Texan Veteran

Salaam was great in Denver and was sorry to see him to leave. He is a very good linemen for zone blocking. I like what Kubes is doing we will have a good o line next year. It may not be great(yet) but it will be good.