Saints play Bills,Falcons, and Lions in San Antonio

Discussion in 'The National Football League' started by Wolf, Sep 12, 2005.

1. Wolf

Wolf 100% Texan

http://www.nfl.com/teams/story/NO/8837856

2. H-Town Steel

H-Town Steel Rookie

Pretty good games for the people in south & central tx to check out.....

3. Wolf

Wolf 100% Texan

I may try to make one of those eventhough I don't like the Saints.

4. profan

profan Veteran

I've seen enough of Buffalo. Might drive over for the falcons. When will the tickets go on sale?

5. Ihategeeks

Ihategeeks Hall of Fame

Ugh, last thing Detroit wants to see is a game In SanTone .

Is Aaron Brooks going to flop like Manu?

6. beerlover

beerlover Site Contributor

those should all be outstanding games, lets see if San Antonio can step up to the plate and sell out. word has it that LA wants nothing to do with the Saints and that San Antonio is their best option, lets hope it works that would give Texas three professional football teams :trophy:

7. Wolf

Wolf 100% Texan

I agree... but I hope it wouldn't be the S.A. Saints.. uggh.. but it is a time to show the NFL that S.A. is ready for a franchise. Isn't that how the Spurs came to S.A. one of those old ABA teams or something came in and played a few games in S.A. and the response was pretty good. so the basketball team moved to san antonio (and the ABA) and became the spurs?

maybe I was dreaming of that,but thought I heard it.

8. shinerbock_girl

shinerbock_girl Hall of Fame

Especially after all this that happened, SA has alot of respect for the Saints...Including me...Its horrible having your city destroyed and then having to basically play on the road throughtout the season and be surrounded by unfamiliar ppl instead of your own fans....How mentally and emotionally draining it has to be on them....If they come to SA, i will get season tickets....But right now, these guys can't even fanthom moving under another city's name.....Los Angeles doesn't deserve them, SA would embracess and accept them just like the Spurs..... In fact, they are already considered part of our SA family..... :love: :grouphug:

9. bigcarlos

bigcarlos Veteran

Im gonna go to two of them.

10. shinerbock_girl

I am hoping to be back in town that sunday for the Atlanta game...If iam i will be there and to represent and show my respect for the Saints, i'll wear my Brooks jersey...Were you serious about Vick being your cousin????????

11. shinerbock_girl

Yes iam from SA and we can't wait till the Saints play here for their home games...Well 3 of their home games that is.....There are sooo many ppl excited about them...As i said i will be out of town when they play Alanta but i'm going to do my best to be back for the game...YEAHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!.....

12. shinerbock_girl

Hey i sure will....I'll let you know for sure about that game and meet ya there for tailgating....

13. shinerbock_girl

Funny HUH being it was said San Antonio is a city that would not be able to afford the Tickets....LOL....ESPN was just trying to promote NY again and make sure the Giants played in NY...DON'T MESS WITH TEXAS because we will prove you wrong...YEAHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    texanpride :jam:

14. JustBonee

JustBonee Hall of Fame

Is there going to be some confusion with the ticket sales if present holders of Saint season tickets show up for the games?
    Wouldn't they have preference over seats? Just curious how they are going to handle this.

15. KingRat

KingRat Rookie

Four of us were going to New Orleans for Saints v Lions Christmas Eve, now it looks like we will be heading west. Been kinda slow getting my tickets exchanged for the Alamodome but I still expect to. Thought they would give ticket holders a little head start but they didn't, when I called the 800 number yesterday they said the procedure hasn't been established yet for swapping out tickets but they went on sale to the public Wednesday. Was hoping to upgrade without having to shell out more bucks but the way it is set up anyone with tickets should buy new ones and then deal with reimbursement for the original purchase. It's messed up fo' sure.

16. Huge

Huge Hall of Fame

San Antonio named after "Saint" Anthony. San Antonio Saints

Only makes sense.

texanpride

17. Bullpen Drew

Bullpen Drew All Pro

San Antonio already needs a new stadium. Alamo-barn is obsolete!

Parking lot sucks, nowhere to tailgate...

18. Texizgreat

Texizgreat Veteran

I am in SA also and got tix to the Falcons Game. Because I am already going to 2 Texans game I opted for Low end tickets. My nose will be bleeding but I will be there.......

Where will we be able to tail gate?

19. JustBonee

JustBonee Hall of Fame

Probably so. I'm sure many have more important things going on in their lives right now anyway. I do know a couple Saint fans that would love to go.. They have tickets in their homes that are still water logged.

20. JustBonee

JustBonee Hall of Fame

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ap-sanantoniosaints&prov=ap&type=lgns

Hope they have better feelings playing in SA.

Horn: "NFL made `mockery' of Saints for playing at Meadowlands"

ORCHARD PARK, N.Y. (AP) -- Receiver Joe Horn criticized the NFL on Wednesday for forcing the Hurricane Katrina-displaced New Orleans Saints to play their home-opener at the Meadowlands. ``Man, let me tell you something, the Saints aren't going to be the first team that they made a mockery of, and we will not be the last team that they make a mockery of,'' Horn said in a conference call with Buffalo-area reporters. Horn spoke as New Orleans (1-2) prepares to host Buffalo (1-2) on Sunday in what will be the Saints' first game at their new temporary home, San Antonio's Alamodome. The Saints will play three games at San Antonio and four other home games at LSU.
    http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?sl...ov=ap&type=lgns