Saints Kicker Suspended for Getting a Kick

Discussion in 'The National Football League' started by CloakNNNdagger, Aug 16, 2009.

1. CloakNNNdagger

CloakNNNdagger Site Contributor

PFT reported that the kicker was suspended for the first case I've heard of like this..........for Adderall (the equivalent of "Bennies"........pure amphetamine). Wonder if his reason was ADD..........it would be tough finding a med for this condition that is not a stimulant.

2. drewmar74

drewmar74 disgruntled

What if it is prescribed for a legitimate medical condition?

3. CloakNNNdagger

That's what I was implying. But the policy as written does not exclude legitimate uses of banned substances.

*THE MLB policy evidently does allow exemptions, but it certainly does carry a magnitude of problems.
    See this link.......How Should Cheating Be Defined In Sports?

Last edited: Aug 16, 2009
  4. CloakNNNdagger

Found this piece specifically mentioning Adderall:

This still leaves significant potential for misrepresentation of the diagnosis of ADD/ADHD by athletes for the sole purpose of obtaining an amphetamine prescription legally.

5. jlam

jlam Veteran

Though I think your point still stands, Hartley was just a bit of a dolt in this case as he took the adderall to stay awake on a long drive from N.O. to Dallas to see his family.

Dumb, but probably won't cost him his job. We re(signed) John Carney to handle field goals till he's ready to come back from a likely 4 game suspension.