Sage Rosenfels

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by Navy_Chris, Feb 3, 2007.

1. Navy_Chris

Navy_Chris All Pro

Just throwing this out there.

What do ya'll think about Sage Rosenfels being the Texans' starting QB in 2007...2008.....?

I don't think it's that bad of an idea. Any guy that can come in and throw for 199 yards and 3 TDs in one half is a guy I want to see get more playing time. He looks DOWN the field and takes chances, something David Carr doesn't do. Sage and Owen have shown some chemistry when they've hooked up in the past. I'd like to see the Texans explore this option.

2. t_flare

t_flare Veteran

how many of these threads do we need?

3. Navy_Chris

Navy_Chris All Pro

It's the whole purpose of a DISCUSSION board

4. Ole Miss Texan

Ole Miss Texan Hall of Fame

I like what i've seen from sage so far. the only problem i see though is that we havnt seen enough of him. i don't like hearing people talking about making him our starter because imo we've seen very limited action of him...what we've seen has been good though.

he might be starter material or he may just be a back up qb. either way i'd like him to stay on the team...he's done a good job and if all we need him for is limit time during a few games...he's at least shown us he can take care of business. About him being a starter...i have no idea

5. trublu

trublu Veteran

Those were padded stats in trash time against a prevent-D.

6. Navy_Chris

Navy_Chris All Pro

still, all David would have been doing is checking down to a RB like he ALWAYS does.

Here's some food for thought: Does our offensive line block better for Sage Rosenfels than they do for David Carr? Actually think about it.

Sage hardly ever goes down. Sage throws to whoever he wants to, when he wants to. David just looks like a sick puppy with his tail between his legs.

7. trublu

trublu Veteran

Wow this guy is a superstar. How could the Redskins and Dolphins let him go... oh well their loss. And to think he's a back-up his entire career.

8. Carr Bombed

Carr Bombed Hall of Fame

I don't think the line says, hey Sage is in, not david lets block. The line gets paid to play regardless of who's back there. I think it more that the defense knows Carr isn't going to throw or look down field, so they are able to blitz, because even if they don't get to Carr they aren't going to give up a play of more than 7 yards. When Sage came into the game, its more, "Dang we didn't watch any tape on this guy and we don't know what the hell he's capable of."

tsip likes this.

9. Navy_Chris

Navy_Chris All Pro

It's been apparent to me that our offensive line doesn't block for David Carr the way they block for Sage Rosenfels. Is it just one of those things that happens in a football game...or does our offensive line simply not want to block for David Carr? Do they want him gone?

10. Navy_Chris

Navy_Chris All Pro

So, with what you just said, why keep David around if you're Gary Kubiak or Rick Smith? Why not just go with Sage from the get-go?

11. Carr Bombed

Carr Bombed Hall of Fame

thats a question many MANY people want on this board want answered.

12. brewhaus

brewhaus All Pro

I think it is a matter of "there just wasn't anything going on" to bring them together as a unit until late in the season, like the Indy win. Those sort of wins can start to gel a team. And once they start believing in their own minds they can compete, you will see a team on the field that you have never seen before...even if it is the same old players. :twocents:

13. Tailgate

Tailgate Fall of Hame

Are we using an entire half of football to pose this debate??

14. old football fan

old football fan Veteran

Sage is a career backup. 6 yrs. 3 teams and he hasn't beaten anyone for the starting job yet.

15. Honoring Earl 34

Honoring Earl 34 Hey Koolaid

The fact that a career backup and Carr are in the same conversation ... speaks volumes .

16. SamuraiSword

SamuraiSword Veteran

All I see are david carr threads. I see nothing on Sage.

17. amazingandre

amazingandre All Pro

no way you think carr sux...wait until sage starts....he is not even close to being as mobile as david is.....that would be dumb to start sage....give it time guys we dont need to replace carr necessarily this year...

18. SamuraiSword

SamuraiSword Veteran

I wouldn't mind the idea of Sage being endorsed as our starting QB. I as a person who buys tickets to the Texans, wouldn't mind seeing someone different other than Carr. You are right though Sage did a wonderful thing during the Titans game.

19. tsip

tsip Hall of Fame

...yes, carr sux...no more time

20. Beer and Metal

Beer and Metal Buzzed Cacophony

You know ,the Astros should take a hard look at James Loney (1B LA). He had a .750 batting average last year! The best part is that he was born in Houston!

I just know from his one game and four at-bats, he'd be much better than our current 1st baseman, Lance something-or-other.

:sarcasm:

DocBar likes this.