Sage Roselfels For President!

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by Dread-Head, Nov 4, 2007.

1. Dread-Head

Dread-Head Hall of Fame

I still like Schaub, but I'm sorry Sage looked great out there today! He made some great reads and looked like a starter. Leave him where he is! I like him. SAGE! SAGE! SAGE!

:fans: My friends...I think you ALLL know what TIME it is. That's right...

:whip: It's peanut butter Jelly time! Peanut butter Jelly Time! Where ya at? There ya go! Where ya at? There ya go! Peanut butter Jelly! Peanut butter Jelly! Where ya at? There ya go. Where ya at? There ya go. Peanut Butter Jelly! Peanut butter jelly...That's right it's peanut butter jelly! peanut butter Jelly! Peanut butter Jelly with a baseball bat! :splits:

2. Thorn

Thorn Dirty Old Man

I like Sage, I always have. I'm glad we got him on our side.

Go Sage!

3. TexanSam

TexanSam Hall of Fame

He looked decent, but I don't think he looked great. He tried forcing a couple of throws. He's a good backup but I can't see him being a good starter over a long period of time. Schaub IS our starter

4. Mr teX

Mr teX Hall of Fame

yeah a couple of times he looked like he just threw the ball without really even looking, & that's never a good thing.

5. ATXtexanfan

ATXtexanfan Site Contributor

sage is the best BACKUP QB in the league, leave it at that, we won the turnover battle and thus the game

6. Thorn

Thorn Dirty Old Man

Schaub is the starter, no doubt. But we are in good shape if Sage needs to start. We need to make damn sure we hang on to Sage.

7. buddyboy

buddyboy All Pro

I think a HUGE reason why Sage looked so good out there today was because Ron Dayne got off his enormous behind when he saw we were playing the Raiders again. It's amazing what a QB can do with a solid running game...something Schuab has been without for the last few games.

8. GlassHalfFull

GlassHalfFull Subscribed Contributor

Exactly what I wanted to say. He really scares me with some of his throws. I think Schaub would have had a great day today if he had been healthy.

Sage is a great backup and I am thrilled he came in today and got the win. But Schaub is our guy.

9. Marcus

Marcus Ruthless pragmatist

If Ron Dayne, that's right, Ron Fricken Dayne can run for over 100 yards against that pathetic defense, then Sage should have played much better than he did.

Sheeez . . get a win over a crappy team, and some of you lose your minds.

Schaub is the starter. Sage will never be more than he is.

10. TexanSam

TexanSam Hall of Fame

The Raiders have one of the worst run defenses but they do have one of the best pass defenses in the NFL. I think they are 3rd in the NFL against the pass.

11. Porky

Porky Hall of Fame

Did you stop to think that's because every team is busy running it down their throats to begin with, and tend to have leads late, which leads to even more running. Liars figure, and figures lie.

12. Hookem Horns

Hookem Horns That Server Guy Staff Member

After watching the Panthers today, the real shame is that David Carr was starting ahead of him. I can only imagine what was going through his head as he watched the DC train wreck. He had to know he was better than DC.

13. Nighthawk

Nighthawk All Pro

Rosenfels has me wondering what he might do if he actually had to run the team all the time. He seems like a strong QB, good passer (though sometimes a little loosey-goosey), good movement in and out of the pocket, elusive (a little bit?), pretty big arm, guys want to play for him looks like, makes others look good all the time, pretty quick release -- I mean, what's not to like?

The thing I wonder is what might he do if he had to play the good teams every week. He wasn't strong enough last week, for example.

Still, I wonder. Is it even remotely possible that this guy has been hanging around the league for 5 years (or whatever) and deserves to be a starter?

I don't think he gets the chance with the Texans, but if I were any one of about a half-dozen other teams I'd be looking carefully at him.

Wonder what his contract is like? Wonder what he might be worth in a trade?

14. Nighthawk

Nighthawk All Pro

Yeah, and right about now he's as good as Matt Schaub, so what's going though his head now?

15. brakos82

brakos82 Hall of Fame

Liar.

16. Hagar

Hagar Drink up yall, its the Texans!

I'm not totally convinced that Matt is or even should be our starter. Make no mistake about it, Matt is a much better QB then whatshisname but I've seen him make some pretty bonehead play too. Also, I'm not totally convinced that Sage should be our starter either for pretty much the same reasons. Both of our QBs have been career backups and both are making the same types of mistakes. You know, those growing into the job mistakes. Sage look real good today but then again, Ron Dayne ran for 127 yards too. When both Green & Dayne were banged up, did either Matt or Sage look very good? No, not really.

I will say, the price for Matt was steep. Two second rounder picks is essentially two starters from your team. I think you have to asker yourself this question; "How good would we look if we had kept the second round picks and chosen _______?" Here's a couple of folks who could help out our line that were chosen at the top of the 2nd round.

Arron Sears: Starting left guard for Tampa
    Tony Ugoh: Starting left tackle Indy

How much better is Sage if we had a better line? How much better is our running game if we have a better line? Did we really need to pay that high a price for a backup QB?

Kubes & company appear to have a pension for making solid draft choices so it wouldn't surprise me to see us pick up another top flight plays in both of those lost drafts. Taking away starters is a big deal and I expect our second round pick to be just that, a starter.

17. Hervoyel

Hervoyel The Right Track

I'm sorry but Sage never looks even remotely like a starter to me. I've never understood what people are seeing in him. Yes, he was without a doubt an improvement over "Ocho Stinko" but he's not a starting QB. Everything he does out there looks a step slower than even Schaub whose an NFL starter for the first time in his career. The difference really is like night and day in my opinion.

TexanSam likes this.
  18. Buffi2

Buffi2 Site Contributor

3/13/2006: Signed a four-year, $7 million contract. The deal included a $2 million signing bonus. 2007: $1.1 million, 2008-2009: $1.35 million, 2010: Free Agent

source

I bet Carolina would take him...today.:user:

19. Napa Auto Parts

Napa Auto Parts Hall of Fame

Ive liked ZaiGee since last year but its not hard liking anyone that backs up Carr hell i even liked tony banks more than sorry piece of junk Carr.

20. Specnatz

Specnatz Site Contributor

I agree with you 100%. he seems to force throws and all of his deep balls look like they are just thrown up for grabs.