Sack Producers

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by TEXANS84, Jul 3, 2006.

?

Who will have the most sacks this season?

1. Antwan Peek

6.0%
  2. Mario Williams

64.7%
  3. ND Kalu

1.7%
  4. Jason Babin

18.1%
  5. Shante Orr

4.3%
  6. Morlon Greenwood

1.7%
  7. Demecco Ryans

2.6%
  8. Seth Payne

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. Sam Cowart

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. Robaire Smith

0.9%
  1. TEXANS84

TEXANS84 Moderator Staff Member

I thought it would be an interesting debate to see who you think will have the most sacks this season with going to the 4-3 defense.

Vote responsibly.

2. TexansSeminole

TexansSeminole Hall of Fame

Antwaan Peek

3. Brandon420tx

Brandon420tx Flounder

Jason Babin

4. South Texan

South Texan Veteran

Why wasn't David Carr on the list?

He is in every other thread!! (Whoops... he's in this one now!) :stirpot:

My prediction:
    Until Mario get's used to double and triple teaming, Peek-A-Boom could easily grab the sack lead early on with his non-stop motor, and have several on his heels by the end of the season.

I also predict the Defense is really gonna be fun to watch this year.

5. Texans86

Texans86 All Pro

The great Babino

6. AFD1717

AFD1717 Veteran

If it isn't Mario by a long shot, we're going to be forced to listen to the "Bet they wish they had that pick back" talk all season long. Maybe for the next 10 years.

DocBar likes this.
  7. South Texan

South Texan Veteran

Well, if Mario ties up several defenders so that the overall production of the D-Line increases they can say that all they want. Like I put in another thread, think Reggie or VY will take their teams to the Super Bowl this year?.

There was some great talent in the draft this year and I think in retrospect (like many others) that Mario was the best fit for what we needed for the team. :redtowel:

8. thunderkyss

thunderkyss Salem Poor

Mother.......... fu.....

stole my darn line.

In that case, I'm voting for TJ......

9. mexican_texan

mexican_texan Furry Tractors

I see Mario leading the team in sacks this season, he learned how to get through cut blocks, he has speed and power, and he's playing alongside Payne, who is used to taking up two blockers, and Weaver, who should be like another DE next to Mario. Late in the season, when I expect teams to double or triple team Mario, TJ or Weaver may get plenty of sacks or QB pressures.

Nice to finally see the Bull Pen though, instead of just the David Carr section...but I bet this somehow turns into a Carr thread though...like how he caused around 38 sacks last year.

10. AggieTexanFan

AggieTexanFan Rookie

as more attention shifts to Williams, Ryans will fly in and blind side the hell outta the QBs all season long

11. TK_Gamer

TK_Gamer Hall of Fame

you dont have weaver on the list, id say weaver or babin
    idont think teams are gonna give mario alot of angles he'll have a tough time but ryans could also get his chances depends on how often we use 2-3-6 and nickel sets

12. HOOK'EM

HOOK'EM Veteran

Super Mario, the first in Texans history with double digit sacks!

13. Corrosion

Corrosion Idealist

I think it will be Babin . He's returning to his natural position and will likely start opposite Mario , probably wont see a lot of double teams with Mario on the other side .

Obviously Mario Williams is going to see a lot of double teams which will limit his overall numbers but create opportunity for other's to make plays one on one.

I dont think Peek is going to see the field enough to lead the team in sacks . I expect him to be a backup behind Babin at DE and Ryans / Greenwood at LB .

I do expect Payne to have a much better season than any he's had (Stat Wise) simply because he will be attacking instead of just trying to tie up blockers , but I dont see him leading the team in sacks from the DT position .
    Travis Johnson ..... He's probably a back-up at best with the quality of D-Linemen the Texans have this year . Is he a DT or DE ? .... I wonder if he knows the answer ? I suspect he will see time at both positions .

Morlon Greenwood and Demecco Ryans will likely be the starters at the OLB's . They could both put up good numbers considering their speed .

14. nunusguy

nunusguy Hall of Fame

If either Babin or Peek get the majority of the playing time including 3rd down
    and other passing situations, I gotta cast my vote with that guy, whichever
    one it might be.
    The weakside DE in the 4-3 has the natural advantage to be the leader in
    this stat over the strongside guy, and since Mario will be a 21 year old NFL rookie, its gonna take some time for him to negotiate the transition from
    college ball and all that goes with it.

15. Hulk75

Hulk75 Hall of Fame

Shoot Mario.....................He better right Reggie.:cool:

JK NO doubt he will lead our team with sacks..............Consider te NFL Rookie Sack record to go to Mario.

16. Kaiser Toro

Kaiser Toro Native Mod

I went with Mario, but felt awfullly compelled to hit Babin. Whoever is opposite Mario should be able to put up some numbers.

17. AFD1717

AFD1717 Veteran

I'm not a Mario hater, but tying up several blockers won't get him on Sportscenter. Mario could dominate an entire game by forcing the offense to account for him on every play, but if he doesn't get a sack in that game and Bush gets 27 yards on 12 carries but happens to return a punt for a TD - the trolls will be out. Not that I really care, I'm just making an observation.

18. real

real Guest

No doubt it will be J.Bab

19. Hulk75

Hulk75 Hall of Fame

NO doubt.........Wow.

20. MorKnolle

MorKnolle Hall of Fame

I think it is the opposite, until other teams learn that they have to double and triple team Mario he is going to tear them up, then once they start really focusing on him it will open things up for Peek/Babin, whoever is playing the majority of the time on the weakside. Orr should also get a decent amount of sacks from the SLB position. I think Mario will definitely lead our DLine in tackles and probably in sacks, if he draws a ton of attention and if they decide to play him inside at DT frequently on passing situations then Peek or Babin could end up leading the team, depending on who gets more playing time between the two. I'm not at all convinced Babin will be on the field more than Peek, and I still see Peek as the better pressure rusher between the two that will get more sacks relative to the number of plays he's on the field.

I can definitely see him setting the rookie sack record.