S. Loiseau

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by Insideop, May 30, 2012.

1. Insideop

Insideop Hall of Fame

2. The Pencil Neck

The Pencil Neck Hall of Fame

Yeah, that was a good article.

But...

I have a little problem believing that's exactly how that whole situation went down. I can't entirely believe that this kid got his life that fscked up in a twisted case of self-defense and I suspect there was more to the prosecutor's case than what Loiseau is letting on. I wouldn't be surprised if Loiseau was accused as the instigator of the fight.

Still. A great story if he can get it turned around and become this year's Braman.

3. ckhouston

ckhouston Hall of Fame

Yes, lets automatically accuse him of lying. :clown:

4. Texan_Bill

Texan_Bill Subscribed Contributor

From a local article:

Full article: Here

5. Playoffs

Playoffs Subscribed Contributor

I'm telling you, this kid looks like he has "it" to me...

[​IMG]

NFL.com has Shawn Loiseau at 6' and Mercilus at 6'4" ..... look at the picture??? Something somewhere is off.

6. Carr Bombed

Carr Bombed Hall of Fame

:rolleyes: It's Massachusetts.. one of the most backassward states in the union. This crap never would've happened in Texas.

7. Playoffs

Playoffs Subscribed Contributor

Shawn needed approximately 28 stitches to close the wound on his head, according to Paul. After being treated, Shawn was arrested by Shrewsbury Police.

“It’s just a terrible thing, we’re all sick about it,” Paul said. “It was his first fight, he’s never been in trouble.”

Paul bailed his son out of jail for $5,000 cash 12 hours later.

Shawn is currently being excluded from school under Massachusetts’ state law 37H 1/2 as a result of the incident, according to principal Brian Reagan...

8. CloakNNNdagger

CloakNNNdagger Site Contributor

Could be explained by a telephoto lens which give a narrower depth of field.

9. Rey

Rey Guest

They aren't standing sid by side...

10. Allstar

Allstar Bona fide

I think you may be on to something

[​IMG]

11. The Pencil Neck

Like the old saying says, "there are 3 sides to every story: yours, mine, and the truth." All I'm saying is that if you just listen to one side of the story, then you're not getting the truth. Even if that person isn't trying to lie about what happened, their memory and what they choose to tell of it will naturally slant things in their favor. That's just human nature.

The problem with this "story" is that the reporter didn't report. He talked to Loiseau and got his side of the story and printed it. He didn't go and talk to the guy he put in a coma or the policemen who were on the scene.

So its one-sided and slanted to make you feel good about the kid.

12. Brisco_County

Brisco_County Texans worthy

If they're both in focus, then they're both on (or close to) the same Z plane, which means they're at least nearly side by side. The shadows are also parallel. Someone's height measurement(s) might be a bit off.

EDIT: I've got it backwards. The longer the depth of field, then the more inclusive the focus of the Z plane. But the shadows are still close.

13. Rey

Rey Guest

It's three or four inches...

The slightes stagger in distance apart will skew how they look in comparison to one another.

14. GP

GP Go Texans!

#90 is maybe a step ahead of #59. So the guy out front is going to appear taller than he actually is.

Plus, look at the length of each guy's leg. From the knee to the ankle, you can see that Mercilus is longer there. Same with the arms. So I'm betting that Mercilus is easily 3 or 4 inches taller than Loiseau. Proportions between major joints in the arms and legs tells the story here, IMO. Loiseau is naturally the shorter/stockier guy of the two.

Also, it's funny to see #59 and #90 walking beside each other and it's not DeMeco and Mario.

15. ckhouston

ckhouston Hall of Fame

I understand what you are saying.

Just found it funny that the bulk of your post was that that may not be the whole story, and only a small part about what I think could be the case ... this kid could be the next Braman.

16. ckhouston

ckhouston Hall of Fame

Nope, in Texas if you hit me in the head with a pipe ... the hogs eat good tonight. :cowboy1:

17. The Pencil Neck

Well, almost the entire article was on his legal issues.

But... the reporter (who didn't bother to get the other side of the story) also didn't bother to make the obvious correlation to Braman and his legal issues in college.

18. ckhouston

ckhouston Hall of Fame

If former legal issues inspire you to go head first on a special teams tackle ... helmet-less.

I'll take all the ex-cons ya got! :d:

19. GP

GP Go Texans!

Reporters should always get the other side, in a story, and if they can't get the other side they're supposed to report that attempts to get the other side to make a comment was unsuccessful.

Some dudes had weapons. What weapons did Loiseau have at that time? Words were said. One guy was blasted with a pipe, another guy was put into a coma because of "the ground."

I think, just based on the elementary details of the event, that once Loiseau was nailed with a pipe...it was Game On for all involved. How they got there doesn't matter. One guy used a pipe, the other guy then used his fists.

I tend to think that liberal communities are going to have some pretty inverse opinions of which guy is "more guilty," and in this case (IMO) it appears that the verdict against Loiseau hinged on who did the most damage and not who was protecting against an unfair attack.

Maybe the courts could not decide who made the first contact with the other person and so that kicked in the angle of how Loiseau put a guy into a coma and near death? I think in some instances, people are found unfairly guilty of these sorts of things because of the shock value: You put someone in a COMA and yet all you got was some lousy stitches!

In Texas, at least in the vast majority of areas in Texas, Loiseau would have probably walked. Different state, different culture.

20. The Pencil Neck

That's just it. You're repeating the "facts" from the Chron story. But those facts were Loiseau's side of the story. Loiseau and his father might have started the fight. Loiseau and his father may have had weapons as well.

Don't get me wrong, Loiseau is a Texan and he's now one of my guys. But that story sounds suspicious to me.

When I first heard it, the story was that some gang members attacked Loiseau's father with pipes and Loiseau put one of them in a coma and got blamed for the whole thing. Now, the story is that Loiseau came home from the gym, some gang members started talking smack, then his dad started talking smack, then a gang member hit Loiseau in the head with a pipe and Loiseau put him into a coma and got charged with using the ground as a weapon. Could be the same story just with more detail. But either way, it's not the whole story.

We don't know what the real facts were. I'd like to hear what the cops on the scene had to say about it.