Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

RUMOR...Carr to be traded to Dolphins???

Straightshooter

Practice Squad
RUMORS FLY OF CARR-FOR-RICKY TRADE

On Monday, we surmised that the Texans have floated the notion that they intend to select USC tailback Reggie Bush with the No. 1 pick in the draft in order to avoid criticism from the Longhorns lovers that the lure of playing for his hometown Texans prompted Texas quarterback Vince Young to skip his senior season. (A reader also raised with us another solid possibility -- that the report was a trial balloon aimed at determining what the local reaction would be to not taking Young -- and we're told that the local reaction was decidedly negative.)

But the Bush report also might have been intended to throw potential focus off of rumors that are now emerging -- and these are rumors only -- of a looming trade between the Texans and Dolphins.

Under the deal, as we've heard it, the Texans would send quarterback David Carr to Miami for running back Ricky Williams (a former Longhorn) and a third-round draft pick.

Williams is under contract through 2007. Carr is due to receive an $8 million option bonus in February, which would extend his contract through 2008.

Again, these are rumors only -- and we're not suggesting that this trade will go down. But if it should happen it clears the way for the Texans to select Young.

Stay tuned.

=============
From profootballtalk.com so take with a huge grain of salt. Dont shoot the thread starter.:redtowel:

I have heard this rumor, but as I heard the deal involved Ricky and a 2nd round pick.

If this happens, which I doubt, it further bolsters the possibility of hiring Greg Davis who had a close relationship with Ricky as well as VY.

Straightshooter said:

On Monday, we surmised that the Texans have floated the notion that they intend to select USC tailback Reggie Bush with the No. 1 pick in the draft in order to avoid criticism from the Longhorns lovers that the lure of playing for his hometown Texans prompted Texas quarterback Vince Young to skip his senior season. (A reader also raised with us another solid possibility -- that the report was a trial balloon aimed at determining what the local reaction would be to not taking Young -- and we're told that the local reaction was decidedly negative.)

But the Bush report also might have been intended to throw potential focus off of rumors that are now emerging -- and these are rumors only -- of a looming trade between the Texans and Dolphins.

Under the deal, as we've heard it, the Texans would send quarterback David Carr to Miami for running back Ricky Williams (a former Longhorn) and a third-round draft pick.

Williams is under contract through 2007. Carr is due to receive an $8 million option bonus in February, which would extend his contract through 2008.

Again, these are rumors only -- and we're not suggesting that this trade will go down. But if it should happen it clears the way for the Texans to select Young.

Stay tuned.

=============
From profootballtalk.com so take with a huge grain of salt. Dont shoot the thread starter.:redtowel:
I have heard the same thing on nfldraftcountdown.com, check out their message boards they will probably have more info on this rumored trade.

I just do not understand why the texans would take such a lcap hit to trade Carr. That is what makes me think this is never going to happen. Not only that buit you could pay the signing bonus, and trade him for a player that may decide right before training camp he wants to go to africa so do yoga.

I am a UT fan and all but come on people get off the UT bandwagon.:brickwall

I don't dislike Ricky Williams, but I sure hope we never see him in a Texans uniform. This trade rumor is just fan speculation. I wouldn't put much more stock in it than that.

ArlingtonTexan said:
I know we have a thread on this one already, but can't find right now.

Yes but hey, since when did having a thread (or even a half-dozen threads on Vince Young or anything even remotely related to him ever stop us from adding more?

Bring it on!

We'd basically be trading Reggie Bush for Ricky Williams. We'll get Young, and a RB that is proven.... sounds like everyone should be happy. Well, if it weren't for Ricky's psyche.... I mean Ricky would be closer to Austin, which I here is where he'd like to be...

If only there were a way we could be sure he won't stiff us like he did the Dolphins.... Surely it would be a big gamble, I don't think Casserly has the 'nads.

But then again, what if he does stiff us.... we'd be fine at RB, but it would basically mean we gave Carr away for a 3rd round pick...... I don't know about that.

Straightshooter said:

Stay tuned.

=============
This was a useless thread, dont you have something better to do, this is a bs rumor!! Carr is staying!

Ricky Williams? No freaking way I want that nutjob on our team. Not to mention he still has a big contract. I'm all for trading Carr. But if we do i want a starting OL or defensive player and a draft pick in return at least...

bullman said:
This was a useless thread, dont you have something better to do, this is a bs rumor!! Carr is staying!

I have something better to do, and thats bug you with this thread. They have been right before. 5% is way off more like 45%. They do make some crap up, but it is cause for discussion. I dont think you would take a cap hit until you paid carr his roster bounus. So depend on if they paid him. I am not a capologist so I shall degress.

If you dont like the thread dont post and it will go the way of the Carribean alpha monkey. :neener:

David's Busted Carr said:
Ricky Williams? No freaking way I want that nutjob on our team. Not to mention he still has a big contract. I'm all for trading Carr. But if we do i want a starting OL or defensive player and a draft pick in return at least...
You guys dont know Bo Didley dont you? He does not have a huge contract. He is making League minumumuumumummummmmm. He got jacked when he retired and came back.

Ricky Williams is some what stable anyways. :brickwall ok maybe not..

There is also rumors of Carr going to Oakland for a 2nd round draft pick and Doug Gabriel. But in these times you have got to take everything with a grain of salt and sit back, watch, and laugh. Its still three months away.

Nothings going to happen.....yet.

TEXANS84 said:
There is also rumors of Carr going to Oakland for a 2nd round draft pick and Doug Gabriel. But in these times you have got to take everything with a grain of salt and sit back, watch, and laugh. Its still three months away.

Nothings going to happen.....yet.

Yes sir!:redtowel:

Straightshooter said:
You guys dont know Bo Didley dont you? He does not have a huge contract. He is making League minumumuumumummummmmm. He got jacked when he retired and came back.

Ricky Williams is some what stable anyways. :brickwall

Anything he makes is too much money. That crack smoker just needs to stay away from our team!

I'm not for trading Carr and drafting Young #1, but if it happens I can live with it. Young's a great guy. But I don't want Ricky Williams anywhere near Vince. Why not sign Terrell Owens while you're at it? The Texans don't need that kind of poison.

There may be some plausibility in Ricky coming to Houston but it won't involve Carr. I could see the Texians trading down with Miami for the #1 pick and inreturn the Texians get Ricky, 06 #1, 06 #3, and 07 #1. That seems more plausible, simply from salary cap point of view.

Straightshooter said:

Ricky Williams is some what stable anyways.

Look, the Texans can only take on one UT project at a time.

Draft Bush and let Michael Vick, er, Vince Young go to Tennessee!!

Texian said:
There may be some plausibility in Ricky coming to Houston but it won't involve Carr. I could see the Texians trading down with Miami for the #1 pick and inreturn the Texians get Ricky, 06 #1, 06 #3, and 07 #1. That seems more plausible, simply from salary cap point of view.
The latest rumor is that Gus Ferrote will come to the Texans, and Carr to Miami! Gus Ferrote wil ressurect this team!

LCOOL said:
The latest rumor is that Gus Ferrote will come to the Texans, and Carr to Miami! Gus Ferrote wil ressurect this team!
LOL, that's a good one, you're a funny guy..................

Oh wait, why aren't you laughing, you're serious? Why don't you go hang out on the Dolphins board.

CarrIsFine said:
LOL, that's a good one, you're a funny guy..................

Oh wait, why aren't you laughing, you're serious? Why don't you go hang out on the Dolphins board.
Ferrote is coming, this will be the move in Texan history, thanks to uncle Charlie, after this trade he will named GM of the year lol

The Ferrotte take is not true, but it is at least possible. If they trade Carr to the Dolphins for Gus and their first or second round pick. Texans would select VY with the first pick, not resign Tony Banks, and play Ferrotte for a year while VY leans the offense.

Carr would have a decent chance to succeed in Miami. Good coach, rb, and wr. Imagine if Dom Capers was hired as DC. Makes it more interesting.

Of course this is all stupid thinking on my part. It has a zero chance of happening.

Many of you hate on PFT.com, but they did report the Randy Moss trade to the Raiders weeks before ESPN's "exclusive information."

What's wrong with Ricky Williams? He is a "pothead," but trust me, he isn't the only one. He still has good field vision for a RB and could help out our RB stable.:twocents:

jerek said:
Magic weed smoker or not, Williams walked out on his team and his teammates. For an entire year, no less. I don't want to pick him up and then spend the rest of his career wondering if and when he is going to take another personal timeout.

Granted, things such as injuries may end up cutting a player's career short, but I would have to be really, really, really convinced that he was back to stay.

Well, the one thing that might keep in in tow is that if he walks away he would still owe A LOT of $$. So we know he will be ok till 2008 or so. After that he would sign a new contract and would be a potential problem.

Not to mention that he will be close to home. One of his main issues was feeling out of place and overwhelmed. The last time that he felt like he belonged somewhere it was as UT. Hell, Mack could even hold him by the hand if he likes...as long as he is productive.

I wholeheartedly believe this rumor to be true. Each year, the Miami Dolphins have screwed us royally with 1 player. 2 Years ago, we paid millions for Wade, last year, Greenwood, and then why not Williams this year? Miami owns us, and I wouldn't be surprised for a second to see our "Franchise" QB shipped for someone who likely won't ever be trusted by his teamates again

Lucky said:
I'm not for trading Carr and drafting Young #1, but if it happens I can live with it. Young's a great guy. But I don't want Ricky Williams anywhere near Vince. Why not sign Terrell Owens while you're at it? The Texans don't need that kind of poison.

Terrell Owens wouldn't be welcome in this discussion unless he got an honorary degree from UT.:rolleyes: Then all these guys would put him in their bandwagon too.:drool: I thought I was following the team from Houston? I didn't know I got on a Cowboys website?:confused:

rmartin65 said:
lol Ricky is a changed person, come on Texan fans, Kubiak will take good care of him, why is everybody aganist ferrote taking over, ferrote will lead us to the promise land like he did with Miami and Washington!lol

I beleive Ricky saw the light and is serious about his football future.

I met a shop owner in Nevada City (5 miles from) Grass Valley who said she met a obow with a pair of sneakers over his shoulder that Ricky gave him because he had no shoes. That was as close as I came to a Ricky sighting while he was here.

ghostlight said:
I beleive Ricky saw the light and is serious about his football future.

I met a shop owner in Nevada City (5 miles from) Grass Valley who said she met a obow with a pair of sneakers over his shoulder that Ricky gave him because he had no shoes. That was as close as I came to a Ricky sighting while he was here.

you didnt see ricky in the hit thriller Dazed and confused he was good :yahoo:

This is bull****.

There's another rumor that seems to be mroe true than this one is that Carr might be joining Donavan McNabb in the Eagles.

Straightshooter said:

Stay tuned.

=============

This rumor just made it on 610am, but it was being reported as Williams and a #1 pick in 2007. I think a 3rd rounder would make more since from a Dolphin perspective, but its funny this thing won't die. Just one of a billion rumors to come from now until 4/29...

Just heard a rumor on San Antonio's KSAT 12 that the Texans are considering a trade that would send David Carr to the Dolphins for Ricky Williams, 1st Round pick this year and 1st round pick for 07. Still looking to confirm this. Haven't heard anything on ESPN.

i wouldnt mind that but i dont believe that thats true becasue everyone working in the texans orginization like carr.

Thats been going around a lot lately, but I dont want it to happen. That would mean we would be picking VY for certain and that would only set us back.

hah.. Carr for two first rounders and Ricky Williams? if the Dolphins are considering that deal.. ask them for their superbowl trophies too.

How many times is this thread going to be repackaged and reposted.

Although I like this version the best D. Carr for Ricky Williams a great runner (yes hes still a great rb, head case aside) and two first round picks, to bad it makes it unbelievable I'm not buying, why don't they throw in the dolphins whole Oline while they're at it. If Casserly could pull this off he would totally redeem himself.

Back