rounds one and 3

Discussion in 'College Football & the NFL Draft' started by horn_omatic, Mar 23, 2007.

1. horn_omatic

horn_omatic Rookie

Now that we have a new face at qb i hope they dont repeat cycle with the o line. I know we need a number 2 wideout and a stud free safety would help faggins until we can get another corner. this is not very sexy but i would like to see LT levi brown at # 10 and C/G Dan Mozes from west virginia. This with Eric Winston at right tackle and if Spencer can make it back i think you can put him at right tackle and slide winston inside. This would be a young line with alot of upside.

2. threetoedpete

threetoedpete Hall of Fame

First one...OK. Second one might as well take the money you'er going to spend on the third round draft pick contract douce it in gasoline and set it on fire for all the production vs the speed remaining on the board it will do the team in the future. We got enough not ready for prime time o-lineman. If they take the FS at ten, they better come back and find a monster cb propspect with three or four.

3. michaelm

michaelm vox nihili

I'm starting to believe that Kubiak is going to get another weapon for Schaub in the first.

I am on board with this idea now, and I think Meachem is my pick.
    If he doesn't want to use this pick to get the "playmaker" he has said we needed, I think it will be Levi.

One or the other... I think he will try to set Schaub up for success as much as is possible... so I think they will go WR or OL unless Peterson falls...

4. royce1054

royce1054 All Pro

There is no way we can not afford not to go FS or CB in the 1st now if we dont trade back. Then go WR, CB/FS in the 3rd. Then in the 4th go O-lineman

5. michaelm

michaelm vox nihili

Man, what I woudn't give to trade down with NE for their #24 and #28 right about now...

Texans #10 = 1300pts.
    NE #24 + #28 = 1400pts.

6. beerlover

beerlover Site Contributor

this just keeps getting worse & worse, makes me sick we're not picking #8 or have a 2nd rd. pick not to mention next year.....do the Texans feel lucky that next years pick will be latter than sooner?

herv says its no big deal, only lost our shot @ bpa #8 we still can pick bpa @ #10 so as it stands right now the top rated cb in the draft will be sitting there waiting (in the green room) for the Texans to call his name Leon Hall. nice kid, good character, over-achiever has the speed, experience & technique to step in day one & start.

3rd rd. most likey a WR if they really like whats available. after studying the prospects two really stand out, although both are 2nd rd. quality picks, but then again you just never know? 3a. Anthony Gonzalez, Ohio State 6-0 193 runs in the low to mid 4.4's but his mo is his abiliity to cut on a dime & break off creating seperation from the corner, if hes there I take him. the 2nd WR who just might be available is a burner with great hands & playmaking ability, 3b. Jason Hill, WSU 6-1 204 ran a 4.32 forty, the kid can fly.

7. texman8

texman8 Veteran

I'm hoping Texans can trade down and get back a 2nd round pick. This could happen if AD falls to us.

Scenario #1

1. Nelson or Griffin DB
    2. Steve Smith WR
    3. Tim Crowder DL
    4. Weddling S
    5. Mozes C
    6. Robison DE
    7. Sepulveda P

Scenario #2

1. Meachem or Bowe WR
    2. McCauley CB
    3. Crowder DL
    4. Weddling S
    5. C
    6. DE or OLB
    7. P or BPA

Our biggest needs are #2 WR and DB (CB and FS). We have no depth behind ANdre. Of course, secondary needs upgrading. We need to develop a center since Flanagan and McKinney are old and Hodgden prove he wasn't the answer. Next year , more stud OT are available. Plus ,Texans will have alot more cap room to spend on FAs.

8. HuttoKarl

HuttoKarl Hall of Fame

If we got Hall and Gonzo, I'd be a happy camper. Gonz is never going to be a WR1, but he's got all the tools to be a very productive WR2 for many years. As far as the CB goes, we'll have a choice from some really nice talent. The FS class is deep and someone can be found later if need be.

I truly anticipate a trade down though.

9. whiskeyrbl

whiskeyrbl Guest

I still think we may try to trade down to pick up a 2nd rd. pick but in the case that we don't here are some players they could target for rds 1 & 3.
    RD1
    LaRon Landry FS, Jamaal Anderson DE, Alan Branch DT,Levi Brown OT, Patrick Willis LB, Okoye DT, Hall CB
    RD3
    Aundre Allison WR, Jason Hill WR, Damieon Hughes CB, David Irons CB, Marshal Yanda OT, Rufus Alexander LB

10. Honoring Earl 34

Honoring Earl 34 Hey Koolaid

I say trade down pickup a 3rd .

1. Dwayne Bowe WR .

3A. Eric Weddle S

3B . Johnathon Wade CB

4. Ryan Harris OT

5 David Ball WR

11. Please_Evolve

Please_Evolve Veteran

I think people put too much stock into that quote.

I am curious what we're going to do with #10 though. There's a snowballs chance in hell AP drops to us. Anyone who still think that is delusional or wishful thinking. We have 3 postions we should use that pick on OL, WR, DB.

My hope is OL and a guy like Jason Hill in the third.

Trade down might be a possibility if someone falls in love with a DE or Okoye and is willing to give us a few recoup picks. If that happens Rick gets GM of the year the day of the draft.

12. Honoring Earl 34

I think WR is the #1 priority .

They signed Black as insurance ... I don't think they go OT .

There's teams that do not draft safetys high ... so maybe not here .

How about a CB ... well I don't think their are any elite CBs .

So unless an elite prospect fell to #10 ... I say trade down and pick Bowe .

13. rollinstone18

rollinstone18 let it bleed

I'm like a lot of other people in that I want to see a trade with New England. I'd be estatic if we were to get any combination of Kalil + Houston/Revis, Kalil + Meriweather, Kalil + Timmons, or Kalil + Leonard(assuming we don't match the offer for Leach). Preferably in that order too.

But if we stick with just #10 and #73, I'd go with Okoye in the first. If Rufus Alexander is available in the third I'd draft him, otherwise I'd go receiver - Johnnie Lee Higgins.

14. Please_Evolve

Please_Evolve Veteran

Who would N.E. want to trade up for?

15. rollinstone18

rollinstone18 let it bleed

Landry/Willis/Carriker.

16. Please_Evolve

Please_Evolve Veteran

Would be high for Willis but they might need to makea move on what some might call an aging LB corps despitethe Thomas signing. Pos might be there at 24.

Landry would be sweet for them but they could get Griffin at 28 if they stand pat.

Carriker might be a good possibility but Harrison isa question mark and i'm wondering how they feel about Asante after this year. Might want to start grooming a late first round CB. I don't see them making the move though to 10 though.

Denver might be the one biting though if a good DE falls there or they are sold on Carriker or Okoye. Dunno about getting our second back but a third rounder would help a lot.

17. Silver Oak

Silver Oak Hall of Fame

It seems to me that NE is the one that is trying hard to elevate themselves back above Indy and in a sense, San Diego. If they're looking for a playmaking type player, then our 10th pick would seem to give them more opportunity to land one rather than their bottom 2 picks.

Of course I'm prejudiced in this proposed trade as I would really like us to get that pick back somehow.

18. Honoring Earl 34

(4:00 PM): NFL quick kicksÂ… Seems that earlier rumored trade of Broncos All-Pro LB Al Wilson to the Giants is no longer going to take place. Wilson failed his physical and New York's medical staff was concerned about a neck problem that showed up. Looks like LB will once again become a top priority for the Giants in the upcoming draft ... The Dolphins have apparently all but reached a contract agreement with QB Trent Green and now it is up to Miami and K.C. to iron out a trade. If they can strike a bargain, Green will become the starter for the Fish and Daunte Culpepper's job could be in jeopardy ... The Seahawks re-signed vet WR Bobby Engram ... The Lions signed Titans G Zach Piller, a real roadgrater who should help open up the Lions' run game ...The Texans matched the Giants offersheet for FB Vonta Leach and Leach will be staying put in Houston.

Maybe the Giants will trade up for Willis .

19. kastofsna

kastofsna Hall of Fame

heh, i talked to a scout who says patrick willis isn't a first rounder in a lot of people's eyes. i don't get why, but take that for what it is.

20. beerlover

beerlover Site Contributor

sounds like not relating to scouting profiles at all but teams executives opinion :)