Rounds 2-4 RBs in 2007 Draft

Discussion in 'College Football & the NFL Draft' started by TexansSeminole, Oct 19, 2006.

1. TexansSeminole

TexansSeminole Hall of Fame

I would be very suprised if the Texans did not select a RB in Rounds 2-4 in next years draft

RBs available in these rounds that I think would fit well in our system:

Selvin Young(sr.) from Texas. 6-0 210. Hits the holes and has a nack for gettin the first down, a smart and determined runner. Hometown of Houston, TX...I really like this guy. Alot of people for some reason dont seem to like him that much though, I have no idea why.

Andre Brown( Redshirt-Soph) from NC State. 6-0 232. Strong controlled runner who bounces off good hits, and runs through arm tackles with ease. This guy is the type of guy with Domanick Davis balance, but much more speed and quickness to go with it. Probably my favorite guy at RB this year other than Peterson. Averaged 5.2 YPC last year in his first year as a starter. Averaging 6.3 YPC so far this year.

Mike Hart ( jr.) from Michigan. 5-9 198lbs. Another guy who hits the holes with authority and knows how to get that first down. Also a formidable receiver out of the backfield. Avgs about 5 YPC over his career.

These are the three that come to mind as of now...

Another guy that would be a good FB for us is Brian Leonard from Rutgers..He is 6-2 235 lbs and averages about 4 YPC over his career at Rutgers...this guy can run the ball very well and also catch the ball very well. He is also a good blocker...Seems to be everything Kubiak loves in a FB. Don't know where he will go though...I think it all depends on his Combine stats. Very good in the Redzone. We need a threat out of the backfield in the redzone desperately.

Any guys yall can think of? And what do yall think about the guys I have got on here (dont forget Brian Leonard)?

2. AustinJB

AustinJB All Pro

Selvin Young and Mike Hart are two guys that I've been keeping an eye on and think would be good backs in Kubes system....and that you could probably acquire in lower rounds.

The only thing that worries me about Young is the fact that he has a long history of severe and nagging injuries. This would make me hesitant about taking him, but his desire and effort (not to mention toughness and speed) may make him worth the risk.

3. whiskeyrbl

whiskeyrbl Guest

Kenny Irons Auburn or Steve Slaton West Virginia.:twocents: Also I would like to see us get Leonard from Rutgers, Think he would fit this system well.

4. hot pickle

hot pickle Canada Eh

hes only a Soph. and he will stay at WV for atleast 1 more year after this year

but hes a great RB

5. whiskeyrbl

whiskeyrbl Guest

Oh I thought he was junior, sorry about that.

6. LORK 88

LORK 88 Wreck'em Ŧech!

Kenny Irons, Auburn, SR - great speed, good vision, decent size, does alot and is a true leader. Balanced runner with a good burst and quickness.

Tony Irons, Penn St, SR - big size (6'2" 230), decent speed, and hits holes with authority. Possibly the type of power runner we've been wanting, can and will wear down defenses.

Kenneth Darby, SR, Alabama - patient runner with good size, decent speed as well.

7. painekiller

painekiller Hall of Fame

Kenny Irons is a 1st round pick, they are asking for 2nd - 4th round guys.

Micheal Bush look like he falls to the 2nd. The kid, Kenneth Darby,from Alabama looks solid.

Lorenzo Booker Flo St
    DeShawn Wynn Flo
    Tony Hunt PennSt
    Courtney Lewis ATM
    Alley Broussard LSU
    Selvin Young UT
    Tyrone Moss Mia 5'9" 239lbs now theres the beef
    Kolby Smith Louisville

That's 10 guys to watch that are seniors that should be 1st day to early 2nd day guys.

8. SF49erFaithful

SF49erFaithful Crabtree FTW

How many draft picks do you guys have next year?

9. TexansSeminole

TexansSeminole Hall of Fame

If Michael Bush fell to us in the second, I might take him on a McGahee type of thing.

Booker dances too much, he wouldn't fit well in this system, all though he does have alot of speed and when he gets out in one on one situations he is tough to take down.

Wynn is a good player for UF. He is good at getting out in the flats and catching passes.

Tony Hunt is an interesting guy. Big guy he is something around 6-2 and 230. He has good stats with 2500 yards and 21 TDS already for Penn State. He is from San Antonio.

10. kastofsna

kastofsna Hall of Fame

if slaton was draft-eligible he'd be a top 10 pick.

11. kastofsna

kastofsna Hall of Fame

moss is definitely a guy to keep an eye on. and kolby smith could skyrocket up the board on draft day.

12. hot pickle

hot pickle Canada Eh

i like selvin young, he just runs straight and seems to not stop till he gets that first down, Darby is good to but, he might be a late 1st,

13. Farough

Farough Site Contributor

I think Hart will end up going later in the first round.

14. Vinny

Vinny shiny happy fan Staff Member

I agree that Irons is a first rounder...I'm big on him...I'm also huge on Bush. I think he sticks in the first round. Either one of these guys would be ideal at the top of the 2nd if one slips...and you know we will have an early 2nd round pick. I like Hart quite a bit too...I've had him on my college fantasy team.

15. rmartin65

rmartin65 I'm Score

I got a guy that is a bit later, but I have been watching. He is gonna go on my small school sleepers thread in a couple months.

Kyle Steffes, HB North Dakota State.
    He is averaging 5.3 a carry, and over 100 yards a game despite being taken out in the 3rd because of the score (they are 6-0, and have crushed some people. He has 7 rush Tds. Also contributes in the pass game, with 15 rec for 115 yards. Oh yea, 5'11" 209. What do people think?

16. Mr teX

Mr teX Hall of Fame

always hurt. Taylor, Melton & all those other guys weren't even supposed to be getting as many reps as they were last year if he's healthy.

17. LORK 88

LORK 88 Wreck'em Ŧech!

He's a junior, I dont see him declaring this year. Size on him is also a huge downer, but reminds me of a more patient Domanick Davis.

18. Farough

Farough Site Contributor

Yeah, i don't think he will be declaring this year... But if he does I can definately see him going in the first round.

19. ThaShark316

ThaShark316 #28

What abour Amir Pinnix from Minny? They run a zone blocking scheme, he'd be nice for us. He's a JR...

6'0", 205...5.4 ypc this year with the G-Gophers....he was Gary Russell's backup last year...he's real good in a zone blocking system.

20. LORK 88

LORK 88 Wreck'em Ŧech!

He'd have to be stupid to declare, Maroney did as a junior but Pinnix isnt close to his level.