Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

Round 1 Commentary Thread

Well, it looks like we dicided not to address the o-line. Justice and Winston still available, and they take a LB. :brickwall

Caesar said:
Well, it looks like we dicided not to address the o-line. Justice and Winston still available, and they take a LB. :brickwall
I can't beleive this at all. What the heck are they flipping thinking...:brickwall

Guys, if you don't trust me, explain why the analysts on the ESPN panel are gushing over the pick?

DeMeco is the stuff. He's the #2 LB in this draft, after AJ Hawk - better than Sims and Carpenter and roughly even with Greenway.

demeco_again.jpg

Sarg01 said:
Guys, if you don't trust me, explain why the analysts on the ESPN panel are gushing over the pick?

DeMeco is the stuff. He's the #2 LB in this draft, after AJ Hawk - better than Sims and Carpenter and roughly even with Greenway.

Our Lads has him even with sims, but behind greenway. But still, definitely highly rated.

Unfortunately, we still only have THREE NFL caliber offensive linemen on our ENTIRE TEAM.

There's still 3 OTs on the board, relax.

Winston Justice
Eric Winston
Daryn Colledge

All are 1st round talents. The last 1st round talent LB just came off the board.

I don't care what someone had him rated at....

OUR need was a LT. And there were 2, count them, 2 on the dang board. Defense doesn't win championships if you can't put any dang points on the board...

HomeBred_Texan said:

OUR need was a LT. And there were 2, count them, 2 on the dang board. Defense doesn't win championships if you can't put any dang points on the board...
yeah tell the Ravens that a few years back

HomeBred_Texan said:

We added a ProBowl Center. We believe McKinney will work at guard (normally I wouldn't trust this, but he DID do well in Indy at guard). We have a guy KNOWN for developing Oline (Sherman) in as coach and another good Oline guy as head coach. Yes, I want to see us add a tackle - but if it's Daryn Colledge at #65 (or in a slight tradeup), that's wonderful, he's a first round talent.

Wolf said:
yeah tell the Ravens that a few years back
1 team pulls a rabbit out of there ***** and now we think all teams can do it. We have no where near the d that the Ravens had, nor can we get there in a year or 2. We have to beat Indy, Pitt, SD, amongst others to get there...

we got there defencive coordinator during the offseason i know he had miami as one of the top defences for a while. hopefully he knows what his is doing.

Defense is certainly getting better, but man, where the heck is the O-line help? Hope it comes soon.

think I passed out on the Morris Chair w/beer in hand, how on earth does this horrible trend continue :brickwall year after year while teams like NE clean up (Laurence Maroney & Chad Jackson) :confused: did they have the worst record in the NFL? did they suffer thru a 2-14 season? hell no, the Texans did :crying: and yet with the 1st overall pick in both rds. all we come out of it with is Mario Williams and DeMeco Ryans. un-freaken believable, Casserly don't let the door hit you on the way out :bomb:

Leonard Pope is looking like a possibility ... Fasano is still on the board, also.

Colledge just got taken by the Pack.

HomeBred_Texan said:

I agree. I do think Mario and DeMeco can have a positive impact for the defense, but I do not like passing on Bush and one of the top ranked offensive tackles.

Kubiak has learned from Gibbs and Gibbs doesn't believe in taking OL until the 4th round. Gibbs thinks there is good talent in the later rounds that can fit into the zone blocking scheme. I can't argue Atlanta and Denver were 1, 2 in rushing.

Back