Rosenhaus Tweet - "Winston to make Pro Bowl"

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by JWarren14, May 11, 2009.

1. JWarren14

JWarren14 Beer Me

From RosenhausSports:

Wouldn't it be great to have AJ, OD, Slaton , and Winston all make the Pro Bowl?

If Duane Brown continues to develop and Caldwell turns out to be the player he was in the SEC at the NFL level we could have one of the best OL in the league.

I was reading about the 2 other OL we got in UDFA and they have an impressive resume. I guess we like SEC lineman Caldwell, Watkins, and Helms. Watkins really intrigues me as a raw talent who didn't start playing football until his junior year of high school. He played both tackle positions and was a captain for a very successful Florida Gators program.

I hope the young guys learn all they can before Gibbs decides to retire for good. I hope he the Cherokee sticks around for years to come, but you have to hang em up sooner or later....right Far-v-rah?

2. DiehardChris

DiehardChris You betcha!

Rosenhaus is hilarious. I'm subscribed to his Twitter AND Eric Winston's Twitter - and he literally posted that blurb about Winston right after Winston sent out a Tweet as well. In other words - drew had no plans to post jack about Winston until he saw Winston's tweet - then he just fired off a comment about him.

By the way, if you do the Twitter thing, Winston's is http://twitter.com/ericwinston. Mine is http://twitter.com/HoustonDiehards.

3. RipTraxx

RipTraxx Free Agent

I cannot stand Drew 'next question' Rosenhaus.

Agents should be heard, not seen.

4. Texecutioner

Texecutioner Hall of Fame

You're probably the first person including myself I've ever seen that doesn't despise Rosenhaus.

5. DiehardChris

DiehardChris You betcha!

Oh, I absolutely cannot stand him. I mean hilarious as in - he seems like he's paying Winston a compliment - but all he was doing was posting because he had just seen that Winston had also done a "tweet."

I don't like Rosenhaus AT ALL. I just subscribe to his Twitter in case he has an update on one of his Texan clients so I can put it on my blog if I feel like it's worth posting about.

6. m5kwatts

m5kwatts Hall of Fame

As much of a spaz as Rosenhaus is, he appears to have a good relationship with the Texans, which is a good thing considering his client base. Winston's deal was negotiated quietly behind closed doors, like all deals should be (dunta and demeco im looking at you) and was a really fair deal in terms of market value. Plus since he already got Winston his deal its not like his Tweeter comments were out of mindless client promotion for a new big contract. He was sincere and I appreciate him pulling for an underrated client.

7. Goldensilence

Goldensilence hipster elite

Not a big Rosenhaus fan but.....that ESPN commercial he did was pretty funny. I think that was my first and only Rosenhaus highlight.

8. JWarren14

JWarren14 Beer Me

Agreed, love that spot.

9. valleytexfan

valleytexfan Hall of Fame

I loved it the first 50 times I saw it on draft day. Then I got kinda tired of it. But it's funny...:gun:

10. Mari-OWNED!

Mari-OWNED! Bucco Bruce

The day a Texans offensive lineman makes it to the Pro Bowl, is the day the my head will spontaneously combust!

11. mexican_texan

mexican_texan Furry Tractors

Winston deserves a Pro Bowl spot in the next few years, but I doubt he will until the NFL has spots for LT, LG, RG, RT rather than just G, T.

12. Hardcore Texan

Hardcore Texan Magnet Man

In Drew's on words Winston is underrated, thus making it much more less likely to make the pro bowl, since it's just a popularity contest. :thinking:

13. Kaiser Toro

Kaiser Toro Native Mod

I would say they are way out front from a PR perspective during the "low" season of the popularity contest - tweeting in May, Winston contributing to his own blog, Winston being open for interviews, etc.

14. GP

GP Go Texans!

How's he going to make the Pro Bowl on a Texans team that is mired in mediocrity and can't get past 8-8? You can't reward mediocrity, from what I have heard.

Going to be lots of Texans left off the Pro Bowl list. Poor fellas.

15. HOU-TEX

HOU-TEX Ah, Football!

How often does a RT make the Pro Bowl? Not very

Plus, his pass blocking was average at best last season.

16. Hardcore Texan

Hardcore Texan Magnet Man

True and good on them, but unless ESPN or NFLN picks it up or it gets some airtime some where else it will probably fly under the radar.

17. Polo

Polo Guest

I think Winston is a little more popular than you guys think...

He's a Miami guy...If the Texans have a good year he will get consideration...he's one of the last of the old school Miami guys...folks know who he is...

18. eriadoc

eriadoc Texan-American

I agree with that, but I do think it will take a pretty good year by the Texans to get a right tackle in the Pro Bowl. That's just the way the system works, unfortunately.

19. texanhead08

texanhead08 Hall of Fame

I am trying to figure out which one I dislike more Rosenhaus or Scott Boras. Its close to which one is the bigger *********.

20. 4Texans

4Texans Hall of Fame

Rosenhaus gets on a persons nerves, but Boras will flat out piss you off to where you will not even deal with him.