Rosenfels: Anyone impressed?

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by SESupergenius, Nov 13, 2006.

1. Rosenfels was given the spotlight in a situation that was not mop up time nor was it against pre-season scrubs. Does anyone think he did well? I saw a QB that looked rattled and it really exposed our offensive line. People keep seeing that Carr throws nothing but quick 3 step-drop passes and dump passes, well guess what, that's mostly what this offensive line is giving him. Insert Sage and he thinks he's got all this time to look for receivers and gets nailed accordingly. At least Carr has some scramble ability and can throw on the run. Sage just isn't quick enough and puts too much trust in the offensive line. Although he did hold on to the ball when he got nailed, give him Kudos for that.

2. Kaiser Toro

Kaiser Toro Native Mod

Rosenfels did his job, much like Carr did so in the first quarter. He came in did not have a turnover. Moreover, he did not have the luxury of working on a short field off of turnovers that Carr had on the previous three. We did well with the play that we got from both QB's as their job was different given the time, score and situation.

3. Runner

Runner Hubcap Diamond Staff Member

Salaam gave up a sack on Rosenfels on what I think was a three step drop. The guy beat him so badly to the inside and was there so fast that I don't think any QB could have done anything about it.

4. Rightnow

Rightnow Veteran

Sage did what a good backup should: not lose the game. He didn't play great, but he didn't lose the game either. I'm fine with his performance.

5. Double Barrel

Double Barrel Modified Simian

I think this should quiet the "start Sage" crowd for a little while. He wasn't all that special, but at least he didn't make any mistakes that cost us the game.

6. Kaiser Toro

Kaiser Toro Native Mod

Actually it is. We won the game with him at the helm.

7. You can't tell me he played well, I was on the edge of my seat hoping that Rosenfels was going to the calm cool guy he's looked like in relaxed situations all through his tenure here. Then he get's nailed for a sack because he took too long to find open receivers on the very first passing play. He had a whole quarter to score and most looked intimidated and and sheepish. Carr led his team from all the way from his own side of the field in his very first drive, Sage didn't. Rosefels by far didn't get the job done, the defense did.

8. What happend to the "pocket" awareness that he's so coveted about?

9. beerlover

beerlover Site Contributor

second both Kaiser Torro & Runner :respect:

Sage is a key contributer for the Texans, one he provides key minutes in support of Carr, two is a good teammate, three allows the Texans to carry only two QB's freeing up a roster spot for someone else. The difference for Rosenfels was the conservative playcalling, late with the game on the line & the Jags we're throwing everything including the kitchen sink to disrupt his rhythem and force a turnover :cowboy1:

10. Texans_Chick

Texans_Chick Utopian Dreamer

Sage can move with the ball. That is why he was hired. He doesn't move as well as DC does, but there are few in the league that do.

To be fair to Rosenfels, it is hard to come into a game cold, against one of the best defenses in the league with a nicked up offensive line in front of you.

I am sure he would look better with more practice snaps and a game plan tailored to his strengths.

All that being said, as it relates to quarterbacks, I trust Kubiak to make the right decisions.

11. Kaiser Toro

Kaiser Toro Native Mod

Context:

He dropped back three times with us having a 10 point lead for half of the fourth quarter.

12. santo

santo Hall of Fame

Honestly, when he came into the game, I was expecting automatic touchdown passes.
    :play:

Also, I was praying for him not to throw an interception.:francis:

13. Texans_Chick

Texans_Chick Utopian Dreamer

Sometimes you just have to deal with what you are getting. This is what Rosenfels said about this subject:

Link

14. Runner

Runner Hubcap Diamond Staff Member

That was one play and I was just pointing out that Salaam was so bad no one - neither Sage "Pocket Awareness" Rosenfels nor David "Runs Very Fast" Carr -would have avoided the sack.

15. Kaiser Toro

Kaiser Toro Native Mod

I am amazes that people are turning this into a Sage vs Carr thing again. Both played their part in a win and both should expect Carr to start if he is good to go.

16. santo

santo Hall of Fame

I agree, by the time Sage took three steps, the defender was already about to tackle him. Sage had zero chance of throwing the ball.

I also give him props for not dropping the ball though.

17. Hulk75

Hulk75 Hall of Fame

Please for all that is holy, there is NO comparison with Carr and Sage, Sage does not have half the talent.

BUT! He came in did his job and held on to the win for us, good job Sage. He scared me on the 3 and I forget, he almost through a pick or a ball that got batted, scared me a little.

Carr payed a good game yesterday.

I have noticed this board is rather slow when Carr has a good game................I think it is kind of funny and interesting!:shades:

This bugged me a little, he did great but let other people praise you Dunta, you dont have to do it..............It is not terrible but I personally never liked to talk about my self after a ball game

18. Kaiser Toro

Kaiser Toro Native Mod

Take your blinders off and read and you will find Carr adulation for a number of plays. There is plenty to dog Carr on and posts such as yours will in no doubt incite a careful evaluation for his three quarters of play. I do not need to as the Texans got a win.

Sorry the euphoria for a team win is trumping the need for Carr lovers to have virtual rose petals thrown at their avatars for his "unbelievable" performance.

19. Lucky

Lucky Moderator

Just as Sage got too much of the credit for the late play against the Titans, he's getting too much blame now.

It wasn't Sage that allowed Spicer to come in on the blindside for the sack.
    It wasn't Sage that called for the HB pass on 3rd & 4.
    It wasn't Sage that blew the call and the challenge on Daniels' reception & fumble.
    It wasn't Sage that was called for holding, forcing a 2nd & 20 from their own 16.

I know what you're saying here SES, but you aren't going to be able to convince some people who believe that it's all about the QB. Even though I'm completely in agreement with Kubiak that Carr is the starter, I'm glad Sage is on the team. It's funny that I don't hear the complaining about Rosenfel's contract that was rampant on the board when he signed back in March.

20. Texan_Bill

Texan_Bill Subscribed Contributor

Impressed?: No....

Did he do his job as a back-up QB in the NFL?: Absolutely

santo likes this.