Rosenfels able to give Carr a necessary push

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by OzzO, Aug 23, 2006.

1. OzzO

OzzO .. and then?

not to make a gazzillionth QB post (mods, merge if you want) - but Lopez actually wrote a good commentary that could almost sum up both sides of the arguement quite nicely on the boards recently...

J. Lopez 8/23/06

2. gtexan02

gtexan02 Working?

McNair, who announced before camp: "I don't care how much money you make or where you were drafted. If you don't fit in, you'll get cut."

I love McNair :)

3. Meloy

Meloy Hall of Fame

This should (but will not) put the Carr debate to rest until at least into the regular season. I enjoyed the article earlier today. Carr is the QB. Kubes wants and thinks he can do better. Carr wants & thinks he can do better. All Texan fans want him to do better and should allow the player & the coach to do their jobs. I think it is ok to criticize anyone, but facts must play a stronger role than emotions.

4. jerek

jerek Pro Hobbyist

I for one am really looking forward to the Denver game. Three quarters against an elite NFL team ... this will be an opportunity to get a much stronger feel for just how good we are or aren't.

5. real

real Guest

I agree...Facts should play a stronger role, and all I want is the best QB on the field...IMO, right now Sage is better..period....I really and truly hope that Carr can turn into a beast because that would make us so much more complete, and to have Sage behind him would be even better...

6. Meloy

Meloy Hall of Fame

I agree with you except on who is best. Carr should play 3 quarters Sunday & Sage most of the 4th game. We will know more then. I agree we need two strong QBs and a third training.

7. QB75

QB75 Veteran

I am a fan of David Carr, but unfortunately I don't believe that this controversy will last very long. If the Texans can patch together a secondary to make the team more competitive, Rosenfels may prove to be the difference in being able to execute, score and win.

What will be interesting is to see if David struggles in what appears to be a winnable game, and Kubiak subs Sage to try to get the win. My guess is that this will happen in game 1 against a decent but beatable team in the Eagles.

8. tsip

tsip Hall of Fame

"but facts must play a stronger role than emotions."

I hope 'everyone' understands this--- 'facts', not 'potential' or the 'past.'

9. infantrycak

infantrycak Mod. Staff Member

Potential goes in the facts pile more than the emotion pile. Once it looks like the potential can't be realized, then it goes over to emotion and the QB gets benched. Right now Kubiak still sees the potential.

10. Divebomb

Divebomb Veteran

I thought bringing in Sage was a joke at first but Kubiak was on the money with that guy. If he says he can win with Carr then i say we give him a chance. I will not complain if they yank Carr midseason if the is stinking it up because I know we have a great backup. Lots of positives for this year!

11. Hardcore Texan

Hardcore Texan Magnet Man

Sounds like what a lot of us have said, Kubiak will put the best 11 on the field. I am anxious to see the game this week with Denver, and get a good long look at the first string.

Nothing really to debate at this point, let the preseason run its course and the coaching staff will do what is right for the team.

12. Malloy

Malloy Site Contributor

Unless Denver puts in their 2nd and 3rd string players after the first quarter ;)

13. real

real Guest

I don't know if it will happen that soon, but my gut tells me that he will be taken out some time this year...

14. eric138

eric138 Veteran

I'm hoping Carr gets it together BUT what is going to be said next week if Sunday night he doesn't "execute" and then Sage goes in in the late third quater or forth quarter and brings a come back..

Qtr Texans Denver
    1-----0 ------ 7
    2----- 3 ------ 17
    3 ----- 6 ------ 24
    4 ----- 30 ----- 27

15. real

real Guest

ha ha...

16. thunderkyss

thunderkyss Salem Poor

If Kubiak is the man we think he is, we'll loose the Philly game before he pulls Carr. Yeah we are going to win some games this year, but Pulling Carr will hurt us more than loosing that game, or the next three, in the long run. Above all else, Carr has got to know that Kubiak is in his corner, and pulling him out of a game so we can try to get a win is the wrong way to go to try to instill that message.

So anyone looking for Carr to play at a probowl level is going to be really upset for 16 games..... cause Carr ain't getting pulled.

As long as Kubiak is satisfied with his performance, we will loose games before he pulls Carr.

Right now, look at David Carr just like you'd look at Phillip Rivers. He isn't a rookie. He isn't a SaltyVet....... even though David is on the salty side..... he's going to go out there, and do what the coach is asking him to do... he's going to screw up.... we're going to loose some games, but it will all work out in the end.

17. thunderkyss

thunderkyss Salem Poor

That's not what that said at all..... he'll put the best 10, and David Carr, whether David is the best or not..... once he feels David can't progress any farther, then he'll put in the best 11.

18. tsip

tsip Hall of Fame

IMO, thinking this way defeats this thread, because you are giving Carr what he's already had for 4 years--longevity based upon 'potential.' You're saying that 'every' time something changes for Carr, expectations for him go back to 'square one' because he has the 'potential' to succeed at the new task. And, the main reason he hasn't already succeeded, is because of circumstances around him that were 'out of his control.'

Too, who or what determines what defines 'potential' and when does 'can't be realized' manifest itself. IMO, we need definite goals and time tables or this notion of 'potential' will become a 'revolving door.'...

19. real

real Guest

I am so sick and tired of hearing about Carr's freakin' potential...Carr has got to show me something...

20. infantrycak

infantrycak Mod. Staff Member

No I am not. I am saying this team committed to the idea that Kubiak and this system could unleash the potential they see in Carr. Don't know where the every time something changes stuff comes from--it is undeniable Kubiak, Sherman and this system are the biggest changes which have ever happened to this team.

I am not making that assertion, this coaching staff is making that assertion. Frankly you seem to be acting as if the circumstances around him meant nothing.

Who is Kubiak, Smith and McNair. Time table--whenever they feel Carr has ceased to make improvement at a level which is unacceptable. Complain about it all you want, it is unreasonable to expect an instant turn around or even one very quickly in really deciding if they were right or have made a mistake and there is no definite goal or time table which is going to be applied.

I am sick of it too and this year should be the end but bringing that potential out however sick everyone is of the word is exactly the mission Kubiak took on as the best program for the Texans this offseason so we better all wish him well.

Different tactics, same old TK.