Rosenfarve!

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by SheTexan, Aug 18, 2009.

1. SheTexan

SheTexan Site Contributor

Thanks Aj for the good laugh! MNF against the Vikes just became very interesting! Should be a lot of fun watching those two duke it out!

2. DocBar

DocBar Hall of Fame

Now I can't even go to a Texans forum w/o hearing about this jackass?? My head is going to explode.

3. Shaft75

Shaft75 Site Contributor

This does make our preseason Monday nighter a lot more interesting. Our guys better get riled and ready for this one because the game will draw a larger crowd than originally expected.

I am glad that Favre came back. I can relate to him, dying to put those pads back on. Good luck Brett, but watch out for #90 in two weeks.

4. Malloy

Malloy Site Contributor

I feel bad for Rosenfels

5. whiskeyrbl

whiskeyrbl Guest

Man I do to. He finally had his chance and BAM .... gone. He really looked pretty good against the Colts this past weekend. Oh well eventually he will be the starter some where.

6. CloakNNNdagger

CloakNNNdagger Site Contributor

......for the Vikings. Favre's shoulder will not hold up.

7. CloakNNNdagger

CloakNNNdagger Site Contributor

Just came across this. I don't believe there's been any significant reports of this game time injury.

Link

8. The Pencil Neck

The Pencil Neck Subscribed Contributor

The Vikes are playing all their injuries close to the vest, I think. They were showing Rosenfels limping around when he hurt it.

Tavaris... injured. Rosenfels... injured. This could have been a partial catalyst in Favre coming in.

9. Chance_C

Chance_C Site Contributor

I do to. I bet given the choice to backup here, or Minnesota he would pick here.

10. HOU-TEX

HOU-TEX Ah, Football!

I doubt it. At least it didn't sound that way in his little interview. He said the Vikings are the most talented team he's ever been a part of. I kinda agree with him.

11. Texan JBZ

Texan JBZ Da Sip's Finest

I love Favre, but if I were Sage I'd welcome him to Minnesota with a hearty handshake and an even heartier shot to nuts. Poor Sage just can't catch a break.

12. Chance_C

Chance_C Site Contributor

I agree with the bolded. My point (and it is probably moot considering he has a chance to go to the Super Bowl) is that I think he will receive superior coaching here, and I would think he has some animosity (hidden) towards Brett. He had a chance to compete for the starting job at Minny and now he doesn't. Same situation as he had here, but we all know he has a better chance to get on the field because of injury at Minny.....right???? :thinking:

13. HOU-TEX

HOU-TEX Ah, Football!

Touche, point taken. :)

14. Brisco_County

Brisco_County Texans worthy

Sums it up.

15. OzzO

OzzO .. and then?

Welcome to Vikingtalk.

16. texanmojo

texanmojo Shotgun 30 Time

Why? I think the starters need to just sit this one out. No need to risk getting injured on a stupid pre-season game. Let the guys play that are just trying to make the team.

17. Insideop

Insideop Hall of Fame

It's the 3rd preseason game. That's the game the starters see the most playing time. Usually around 3 quarters.

18. Insideop

Insideop Hall of Fame

You think Sage is secretly wishing Mario will sack Farve and knock him out for the season? :thinking:

Or maybe he's on the phone with Mario....:phone: Mario! Old buddy! Can you do me a favor?

19. texanmojo

texanmojo Shotgun 30 Time

Sorry...I forgot! For some reason I was thinking it was the last game of the season.

I still would rather see them sit out more of the game than risk injury.

20. gary

gary Hall of Fame

I love Farve and Sage. I do think Brett should have stayed retired because of his injury and he is an old geezer. He is only hurting his career now and as a fan of his I wish he'd stop but I do understand it being hard for him to hang it up after playing so long. I hope he does retire sooner rather than later maybe one knock on his butt by Mario on Monday night will help him make a better call and do what is best for him next time around and that would be for him to retire. I'll still route for Brett just not against the Texans of course. I do place some of the blame on Minny for telling Sage he'll have a chance to win the starting job and then going out and signing an older more injury prone QB such as Brett Farve is now. Sage had his best chance to be the starter this season and I don't feel Farve is going to be much of an upgrade over Sage at this late stage in Farve's career as matter of fact Sage might even have a litte more zip on his passes at this point. I feel bad for Sage because it was his job to loose untill Brett come along to claim it but with Brett's recent injury history I doubt he'll finish the season and Sage is going to be back in the drivers seat with his own chance to shine once again. Coach Brad better hope Brett has something left in his tank or he'll soon be out of a job. Just sit back Sage and enjoy the ride your day to start will be here very soon.

Last edited: Aug 19, 2009