Romo/Cowboys May be Holding Aces and Eights While Bidding for a Playoff Spot

Discussion in 'The National Football League' started by CloakNNNdagger, Dec 25, 2011.

1. CloakNNNdagger

CloakNNNdagger Site Contributor

Interesting take from ESPN on a possibly overlooked potential important implication of yesterday's Cowboys' loss to the Eagles.

Concerning Romo, the Cowboys announced that x-rays showed no fractures. The announcers stated that he suffered a helmet blow to his KNUCKLES. The Cowboys have been reported to state that his hand is simply swollen from the hit and they took him out to be safe and preserve his ability to return for the Giants game (This morning's reports, including from PFT if you follow the link, are still entirely based on yesterday's findings/articles). But the way his hand/arm was ultimately wrapped is more like for a WRIST injury. Wrist fractures are very commonly not detected early on x-rays. An MRI is necessary to rule it out. But if he even ended up spraining a ligament in his wrist, this will at very least affect his throwing velocity, distance and accuracy. And if it ends up only being soft tissue swelling, his wrist range of motion will still be a problem. Furthermore, the more the swelling remains, the more limiting the wrap/supports required themselves can be.......again, likely affecting his performance adversely. Playing with broken ribs is one thing, where he had to over-ride his pain. Pathology in the throwing wrist, if present, for a quarterback is totally a different animal.........with pain not being the only thing to overcome. For the Cowboys.......it could be likened to holding the "DEAD MAN'S HAND."

You also have to wonder if reports coming out of the Cowboys camp now are truly legitimate, or just an attempt to have the Giants forced to mainly prepare for Romo instead of McGee.

2. Playoffs

Playoffs Subscribed Contributor

1) Oh no, we froze our own kicker again,

2) The back of Romo's has was very, very swollen.

3. Hookem Horns

Hookem Horns That Server Guy Staff Member

I don't think the Giants need to prepare for Bucky Richardson ... errr McGee even if Romo is out. ;)

As a Giants fan I wish the game was in Dallas since Eli owns that new stadium and the Giants often disappoint at home. Regardless I am excited to get the playoffs started a week early. Also the NFL moved it to prime time which means football watching party on Sunday night where I will invite over my Cowboy fan friends and sport either my Eli or Jacobs jersey.

4. jjohns1

jjohns1 Rookie

:wadepalm:

pbat488 likes this.
  5. CloakNNNdagger

CloakNNNdagger Site Contributor

Romo had limited practice today with this wrap on. The coaches stated that he had to work on his throwing strength and accuracy............I bet! This was no simple blunt trauma soft tissue hand injury............he is still wrapped for a WRIST injury. I can hardly wait to watch this Sunday if they have him play.

[​IMG]